• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Legit though, DMC4 sucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
DMC 4 is the worst game in the franchise to me because it's a game that had so much potential and could have been freaking awesome but like I said, it just spits in the faces of fans and let's everyone down. Yes, I seriously consider DMC 2 to be better because even though it failed hard, it failed because it was trying stuff and went about it the wrong way. DMC 4 fails hard because of just laziness and intentional f#ck ups that should have easily been avoided. It's like they don't even care about the franchise.

I honestly don't see where the sudden appreciation for 4 comes from. Back then the overall consensus was that DMC 4 sucked.

applause-gif-tumblr-40.gif

I appreciate your sincerity.
Also,because I consider it the same.
I sincerly expected something impressive and nice,in the style of DMC but improved in what it lacked.
You know,I can't be thankful to some ****tards who,despite the fact the franchise sells well,they don't even put effort into it.And it could have been something unique considering things changed (graphic improvements,PS3,new generation of video games?)
The fact that it could have appeared 5 years later since DMC3,it wouldn't have bothered me,as long they would have made it really good.
Quantity doesn't equal quality in any way. I don't care how many games they planned on doing,at least do it well.
And you're right when you compared it to DMC2.Something I haven't thought about.

I don't appreciate it,but I don't hate it in the true sense of the word,I still play it for the gameplay and nice graphics,but it dissapointed me because I have expected better.
(it'd be a miracle if they make a good DMC game in the future,but hope never dies)

Cool story. You can still argue that it has the best gameplay in the series. DMC 4 suffers from being half a game in terms of content but everything else is pretty much based on player opinion. Nothing is "legit". Also you complain about exploring. Go back and play DMC 1. It branches off from Resident Evil and requires you to explore the castle in order to move on. Exploration is a part of DMCs roots.
Goood.
Never see only the negative in things.
I think that each DMC game has something that defined it:
DMC1= introducing Dante,and the concept of DMC.
DMC2=improved the gameplay system
DMC3=gave DMC a nice story to say so because it explains in other ways how it started and gives DMC1 much more sense to the plot of it,also it gave some character development to Dante ( from DMc3 to DMC1 Dante)
DMC4= Has the best gameplay in the franchise

Last edited:

Dantesanimus

It's not broken. But its certainly patch-worked as hell. An incomplete game is still an incomplete game no matter the angle you look at it from. When half a games content is copy pasted from one part of a game to another and there is little to no character development (regardless of whether it is on a new or old character). You have probably wasted your money on a sub par game which is what it ultimately boils down to for me. Oddly enough I still enjoyed physically playing 2 (for it's bosses mostly) more than 4 and that game is loads worse structurally than either 4 or the reboot. And on another note. A couple irritating trends I am beginning to notice in the series that began with this game are A) The downgrade from the once bad ass female characters to near, and in Kyrie's case absolute, uselessness and B) The "puzzles" have become absolutely rubbish. ( I mean I know they were never a huge part of the series but if they are going to have any at all they could at least pretend to put effort into designing them)

Caiden

Goood.
Never see only the negative in things.
I think that each DMC game has something that defined it:
DMC1= introducing Dante,and the concept of DMC.
DMC2=improved the gameplay system
DMC3=gave DMC a nice story to say so because it explains in other ways how it started and gives DMC1 much more sense to the plot of it,also it gave some character development to Dante ( from DMc3 to DMC1 Dante)
DMC4= Has the best gameplay in the franchise

I totally agree. To be honest I have yet to play what I would call the best DMC game. All of them have certain aspects that I really enjoy and call me back to play them. There has yet to be a DMC game that has all I love about DMC wrapped into one wonderful package. I have a DMC gaem I prefer but that has never stopped me from wanting to play through the other games. I have played many games that don't even deserve to be played because of just obviously lazy and under designed they were. I would not say that about any DMC game I have played.

The Final Offer

All of these games have something we don't like in them. Understand that the segment with pulling platforms in DmC is quite possibly the best thing since bacon to some.

The dice game in DMC 4 is someone's favorite mini game.

DMC 3's light mini game is someone's favorite.

DMC 2's helicopter battle is awful to someone.

DMC's shadow cats are motherfuoaoufhfoaunofndoaubf dbauofbdcaobcaoibdiidbcaibcaiudb to me! Seriously! THEY DRIVE ME INSANE! I just want my demon shard!

All I see in here is "You're wrong, you're wrong, you're wrong".

Let's stop trying to convince one another that something is awesome when we've all experienced it and have had enough time to create our own judgment.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Let's stop trying to convince one another that something is awesome when we've all experienced it and have had enough time to create our own judgment.

This. I think it's a bit ignorant to say that DMC4 sucked overall. Sure, you can argue that it's not one of the best DMCs, but some of the things criticized here were done worse in DMC3, though DMC3 is loved whereas DMC4 is often hated. That doesn't make much sense to me.

Everyone attributes their own values to the various aspects of the game. If you think Dante's personality was all wrong in DMC4, and it's a 'make or break' thing, you're allowed to think that. However, from a mainly objective standpoint, DMC4 was a very decent game. That's one of the reasons why it gets grades like 8/10. You think DMC4's difficulty is low as hell, fine, but the game was found to be very difficult for the year it was released in. There is no 'standard' to which its difficulty should be held. It's all determined by majority rule, so to speak. Pro players are not the core demographic, all 'average' gamers are.
So it boils down to most of it being your opinion and your own views on things. Like I said a short while ago, there is no 'right' way or 'skewed' way to see things, as we all see differently. Our perception of color is different, of taste(s), of smell, etc. We are humans, not machines. We can only see so many things objectively. But from experience and common sense, you cannot argue DMC4 is a terrible game, as that's purely subjective. And pure subjectivity is just a step too far.

This_IZ_Sparda!

You know,I can't be thankful to some ****tards who,despite the fact the franchise sells well,they don't even put effort into it.

This is the Age of Convenience. Maybe Demanded Convenience... or specifically Demanded Digital Convenience. *if there's a better term, tell me coz thats what I'd like to say*. Back then, i remember audiences (pros and casuals alike) learning how to appreciate games for what they are. Too lazy to name some. Now since the emergence of the Digital convenience, easy access to games, information, and social networks have made alot of people complacent and quite b*tchy in attitude. A common issue that a great majority of us already knows. Cmon, how many times have we seen b*tchy players diss a game they've only seen, but not played? too countless for too long.

Since it's been long since I've played DMC3, I can only recall it being more thrilling and badass than DMC4... Devil Bringer aspect was okay.. but Nero as a whole lacked a lot. I could've sworn Dante would've had more weapons like in the 3rd game but only 6 showed up.

berto

I Saw the Devil
All of these games have somethin we don't like in them. Understand that the segment with pulling platforms in DmC is quite possibly the best thing since bacon to some.

The dice game in DMC 4 is someone's favorite mini game.

DMC 3's light mini game is someone's favorite.

DMC 2's helicopter battle is awful to someone.

DMC's shadow cats are motherfuoaoufhfoaunofndoaubf dbauofbdcaobcaoibdiidbcaibcaiudb to me! Seriously! THEY DRIVE ME INSANE! I just want my demon shard!

All I see in here is "You're wrong, you're wrong, you're wrong".

Something around these lines. Can't we all just agree that God of War sucks!?

I'm half serious, here. I've been playing 4 this weekend to see what the deal is and if I still find it as bad and as good as I remember. I can definitely see the flaws and shortcomings in 4 but there are more than enough things to make it a solid title. Well, solid for a $40 price tag. It is still lacking and right now you can get the game for less than $10, but on release people paying a full $60 to $80, depending on version, was a bit too much.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Something around these lines. Can't we all just agree that God of War sucks!?

I'm half serious, here. I've been playing 4 this weekend to see what the deal is and if I still find it as bad and as good as I remember. I can definitely see the flaws and shortcomings in 4 but there are more than enough things to make it a solid title. Well, solid for a $40 price tag. It is still lacking and right now you can get the game for less than $10, but on release people paying a full $60 to $80, depending on version, was a bit too much.

Actually DMC4 was around $40 at launch (the special edition was $60 to $70). I remember seeing it at Gamestop for $25 new the same year it came out...only a couple months after it came out.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Actually DMC4 was around $40 at launch (the special edition was $60 to $70). I remember seeing it at Gamestop for $25 new the same year it came out...only a couple months after it came out.
No. It was at the full price of $60. I bought it within the first week.

Dantesanimus

No. It was at the full price of $60. I bought it within the first week.

Yeah, was gonna say....it was still about $50 when I bought it a few months after the release too because SOMEBODY thought I would enjoy Lost Odyssey rather than DMC4 and they had about the same release date. I don't think any new game goes cheap that quick anymore. Even the poor ones.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Yeah, was gonna say....it was still about $50 when I bought it a few months after the release too because SOMEBODY thought I would enjoy Lost Odyssey rather than DMC4 and they had about the same release date. I don't think any new game goes cheap that quick anymore. Even the poor ones.
You should have just kept Lost Odyssey.

I eventually just threw my copy of DMC 4 in to a bonfire.

Dantesanimus

You should have just kept Lost Odyssey.

I eventually just threw my copy of DMC 4 in to a bonfire.

Hey, at least DMC4 is only one disc full of **** and not four discs lightly salted with ****. *That's pure personal opinion based on my disdain for turn based games and characters that have cool back grounds but are dull as dish water.* I threw both out. :p

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Hey, at least DMC4 is only one disc full of **** and not four discs lightly salted with ****. *That's pure personal opinion based on my disdain for turn based games and characters that have cool back grounds but are dull as dish water.* I threw both out. :p
Not a bad idea either. I'm not the biggest RPG fan but, I just heard some good things about Lost Odyssey. I was never personally interested in it though so it's whatever.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Haaaa no >.< DMC4 was a full priced game at launch ($60) with the Limited Edition selling for $70 (if I remember what I paid for it correctly).

Also I remember my friend bought DMC4 in 2009 not 2008 but it was still new though. In fact I got my copy of DMC4 in 2012 (around the same time I got the HD collection) for $20 in new condition...weird.

Wow the limited edition was only $10 more expensive than the basic version and it came with an art/guide book and an entire anime season and some other stuff.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Also I remember my friend bought DMC4 in 2009 not 2008 but it was still new though. In fact I got my copy of DMC4 in 2012 (around the same time I got the HD collection) for $20 in new condition...weird.

In "new condition" or labeled "New"? At GameStop, there is a difference :tongue:

Wow the limited edition was only $10 more expensive than the basic version and it came with an art/guide book and an entire anime season and some other stuff.

It may have been, or I could simply be remembering what I paid for it with my money down and employee discount, so it may have been $80. Although it only came with the art book, steel case, and four episodes of the anime (not the whole season). No, wait...the art book was a pre-order bonus, so it wasn't just for Limited Edition owners.

In "new condition" or labeled "New"? At GameStop, there is a difference :tongue:

It may have been, or I could simply be remembering what I paid for it with my money down and employee discount, so it may have been $80. Although it only came with the art book, steel case, and four episodes of the anime (not the whole season). No, wait...the art book was a pre-order bonus, so it wasn't just for Limited Edition owners.
Didn't the game also come packaged with consoles, I always wonder how much that attributed to its overall sales, because it seems like both DMC3 and DmC seemed to have sold the same during their initial launches.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!

Well I bought my copy at a different store and it was in very good/new condition. The disk was in perfect condition, the case was still in that wrapping thingy, and everything for a new release like the instruction manual was still there. The game felt unopened.....i guess.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Didn't the game also come packaged with consoles, I always wonder how much that attributed to its overall sales, because it seems like both DMC3 and DmC seemed to have sold the same during their initial launches.

I don't think it did otherwise I would've gotten it and not Viva Pinata and Banjo & Kazooie Nuts & Bolts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom