• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Leaked ending.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
But how much of that "critique" was just a bunch of bullshit vitriol from people forming judgments without having the full game...? I've seen plenty of criticism up on CU and NT sites for a while now, and have only heard them deleting stuff from around two years ago, after the first trailer was revealed, which means it was most likely people getting their panties in a wad over extremely trivial things.

Seriously, what possible critiques are people allowed to have when there was very little information at that time? What possible justification for their words could they have had back then that wasn't based on a lot of anger that something they loved was changed? Alex Jones even mentions people bitching about Dante not having white hair in the announcement trailer, when he had that patch of white clearly visible, which heavily hints at something. So people overlooked something, and just sorta blindly complained.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Well I do know my other half asked them a legitimate question without being a dick on NT forums and was suspended just for asking it. So I know what I figure.

Apparently, quite seriously, they are still doing it. But then, they have been unprofessional about this from the get-go. Can't expect better from them.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I just asked him that as well, he says he does not remember exactly the words he used but asked them about the use of the Angels in the promo art (with Dante pointing his fingers like a gun at one Angel's head— that art) and what kind of messages they were trying to give with it. Then he says he couldn't log in because his account was suspended.

I suspect that came off to NT staff as "this art is tacky!" and they suspended him. Even so, a forum run professionally that is supposedly for discussion of more than one viewpoint(?) should not ban someone simply for questioning the art/imagery being used.

Tameem shouldn't respond to fans, basically. Or not respond to negative comments. It makes him look just as bitchy and unprofessional to do so. It might not be fair, but it's the way you are supposed to act as a professional. A politican for example is meant to stick to their guns and not respond personally or on a personal level even when goaded to by, say, a protester or member of the public. You are meant to show decorum as a 'figure' for something, not descend to the level of the mob. But Tameem seems to be doing so and he's lost quite a bit of respect for that it seems. He's not a politician he's a designer, but even artists are held to this standard... writers, artists and designers will come to be seen as unprofessional if they rise to negative bait. As an artist you must endure the criticism of your work because it will always be there, and it's best to do it with good grace and ignore the haters, or even better just respond civilly and kindly to them, showing yourself to be above any nastiness or bitterness. It shuts them down faster and makes you look far better than someone who uses sarcasm as a response, etc.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Yeah. Although I think there's some serious problems with the NT forum for the most part. I signed up for it like...three months ago, and I can't do anything on there, just browse >.<

MegaMad9

The Mad Man
This is probably not true, but if it is, I don't think it would sound this stupid if we were to actually play it.
But, of course, it's just some troll
AGAIN!!!

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
This is probably not true, but if it is, I don't think it would sound this stupid if we were to actually play it.
But, of course, it's just some troll
AGAIN!!!

This is one thing to consider - there's always more to something than the points a person says. There's a distinct difference between being told something, and actually experiencing it, completely in context, and seeing how it all plays out.

Tell someone the ending boss fight to Bayonetta, and they'd think you eat your hair, but let them play that ending and it's sort of a different story.

Either way, it was still a load of crap anyway, so who gives two clumps of brown soft-serve?

Top Bottom