• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Kyrie fighting alongside Nero

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
..And we still have two more action girls waiting for their spotlight: Lucia and Beryl, which means we have already four actions girls for a damsel inn distress.
Beryl....:'(

Not enough love for Beryl. Or the novels in general, for that matter.

Veloran

Only first novel, the second can still squeeze in.
The second novel should probably not be integrated into anything. I'd rather DMC2 before the second book.

The first though, just make a version of it without Vergil and paste it before DMC3.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
The first though, just make a version of it without Vergil and paste it before DMC3.
I could live with that. Vergil's depiction was one of the few things I marginally liked about DMC3...his novel incarnation doesn't really do it for me.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Gel
To me its less the japanese influences and more the circumstances DMC4 found itself in. Like DMC3 and later DmC it went in a different direction than what people wanted. It wasnt as successful as DMC3 and more in the "it could have been" category. Thats why people tend to give Nero and Kyrie more flack than they deserve.

Its true that nero and kyrie may not appeal as much to an older western audience but thats because an older audience probably has seen it done better before. So its more on the writers to make them feel unique or cover new ground. DMC isnt the only franchise that has that problem, same thing with video games and anime and cartoons, movies, comics etc.

So giving kyrie powers or making her a badass is an easier way to make her more appealing. Its like Serah from FF13-2, she's more interesting in Ff13-2 because she's given a chance to fight and decide for herself than just be a damsel in distress.

But the core problem is finding an way to make her interesting without relying making her a badass which is hard to do in the kind of game DMC is.

Last edited:

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
But the core problem is finding an way to make her interesting without relying making her a badass which is hard to do in the kind of game DMC is.
I'm under the impression Capcom will choose the easier way to get rid of this: they will finish her off with the excuse of making it more dramatic or whatever.It's cheap way of dealing with things, but a clean one.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Probably.
.best thing would be to have her make the effort to learn some basic self defense because no one likes a damsel in distress more than once

TonyRedgraveDMC

Like I'm thinking, while I don't think it matters much at all, she can stay the same way, I doubt demons will go attacking Fortuna randomly this go around. In Nero's case before, it was the Order of the Sword, and in Sparda's case, it was Mundus; the Emperor of Demonkind. I imagine Kyrie would learn the use of holy wards and blessings to minimally protect herself, and I wouldn't be surprised if Nero could animate a former OOTS armor with the power of the Anima Mercury to protect Kyrie in dire situations.

Kaede

I need more power
Well for starters, Nero would flip it if he ever saw Kyrie participating in any demonic fights and since she is suppose to be the innocent and pure type of character, i don't think she would do very well in a fight. However, i suppose i can see her weilding some sort of sacred bow that are meant for people like her, 'The Anti Demon Bow' or something a sacred dagger made from the blood of a rare type of demon... Perhapes her shield could be that she bathes in holy water as some sort of anti demon ritual as well? I don't know... just throwing ideas out there.

Instead, I see her more just fighting the kitchen to cook up deliscious meals for Nero as well as being who keeps Nero in line. I think that is the biggest fight of all for a girl of her type, right?:D

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think the desire for her to fight is just a shortcut to make her a more appealing character as there is a desire for more proactive characters. But outside of fighting ability, giving her agency and things to do outside of being Nero's girl would work as well.

It could be giving her a position in Fortuna government or just hanging out with Lady and Trish (orboth).

Top Bottom