• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Kyrie fighting alongside Nero

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
How would you picture Kyrie joining in the line of the DMC ladies?

In the sequels, I can imagine she got nearly killed and Nero was forced to bring her into the ascension ceremony as the Order has.

I can imagine her becoming a demon based on a fairy. She can take up a sword of her own and named after her brother. I can also see her wielding a crossbow.

What do you think?

TonyRedgraveDMC

I don't see any of that happening. If she were to ever attempt to fight demons on her own, it would be with blessed or sacred weapons, holy water, etc or other anti-demon defensive measures. Nero & Kyrie are completely unaware of the Ascension Ceremony (and we might as well be) and the rest sounds like something glued on.

Viper

Premium
I too think her remaining human would be better, there are way too many demons and half-demons on the side of the heroes, makes it look like after all these centuries of demon attacks humanity is still too pathetic to protect themselves, unless dad goes demon and kills mom of the priestess descendant.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I wanted her to join a coven of witches as i thought it would be a change of pace from what we normally get and flesh things out more.

Viper

Premium
I wanted her to join a coven of witches as i thought it would be a change of pace from what we normally get and flesh things out more.
Witches are servants of demons, unless the demon in question is Nero, that would be so far from who Kyrie is it would be like she was entirely replaced by a new character.

berto

I Saw the Devil
There is fan art of that but Kyrie was made with a totally different mentality from the other characters. She's pure.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Kyrie was made with a totally different mentality from the other characters. She's pure.
Gotta agree. In contrast to Lady or Trish, Kyrie's entire purpose was that she has no combat experience or poses any kind of threat to demons. And in spite of that, she's selfless and benign enough to put herself in harm's way to protect the innocent...which is really impressive when you consider she has NO MEANS of protecting herself.

That takes courage, and that's why I like her.

TonyRedgraveDMC

I would actually like to see some Bayonetta-style witch-demon pacts, but Kyrie is not an appropriate character for that.

berto

I Saw the Devil
That and it just don't look right. She isn't as energetic and extroverted as the rest. She looks well out of character.

1246720447649_f.jpg

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Viper
Magic hasnt been really established in DMC so you could always have witches that dont need to sell their soul to a demon for powers.

I did like your joke about Kyrie using Pandora tho.

Viper

Premium
@Viper
Magic hasnt been really established in DMC so you could always have witches that dont need to sell their soul to a demon for powers.

I did like your joke about Kyrie using Pandora tho.
Then Kyrie and her "sisters" wouldn't be witches, they would be amazon warriors. The word witch has its meaning that isn't "woman that fights", no matter what popular culture might try to sell you.
But magic is actually established in DMC, you got magic portals and for example Nevan is a sorceress (not witch, she was never called that way) that uses elemental magic, her element being electricity.
Pandora is a very versatile weapon, ideal for those that don't fight with swords and are more vulnerable to attacks. Shame that it can only be activated by a demon.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Then Kyrie and her "sisters" wouldn't be witches, they would be amazon warriors.
Amazons, valkyries, shield-maidens...something along those lines. Although, "amazon" tends to imply female warriors that are literal physical titans of bulky muscle and bone marrow, like Diana. And that kind of warrior image....really doesn't suit Kyrie.

Not unless she bulked up like crazy between Order choir sessions.

TonyRedgraveDMC

Also, considering it IS Devil May Cry, the demonic pact trope for witches just feels right, Kamiya or not.

Actually, we have no reason to believe Pandora can only be used by someone with demonic power/origins. For starters, it's more likely a human who wielded Cerberus would start to get colder in temperature, become more canine, and soon enough be possessed by Cerberus.

As for Pandora, either that would happen (with 665-666 complications) or she would only be able to utilize Hope.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
When creating Kyrie's character, someone presented Itsuno with the possibility of her becoming the great villain. Itsuno quickly dismissed that because he wanted her to be a pure innocent woman with a gentle heart. That gentleness inspired Nero in becoming a knight, even if he hated people with his guts.
Last time I checked( in the novel, at least) she dedicated herself to cook and care for the poor and orphans, thing she already did in the past.
Is it really need for her to be liked to be a copy/paste of other characters in the game? Wouldn't it destroy whatever Itsuno wanted her to be since the very beginning?
Apparently she is already well loved in Japan being this way.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Viper
By "established" i meant we dont know the rules of magic/ how it works or who could do it etc.

Bayonetta does that better interestingly enough.

My point is just witches/wizards/magic dont have to be exact as you make it sound cause each series that introduces magic/supernatural/scifi etc plays with them too.

@WolfOD64
For your idea, it be easier if DMC was like Yu Yu Hakusho or Hunter x Hunter where you could gain powers through your own spiritual power. Heck Hunter x Hunter even tried to map each of the 6 types of Nen to personality traits.

But @TonyRedgraveDMC is probably the closest because she would end up being a human fighter like lady/beryl and use a mix of holy arms, martial arts and guns. You could have her be a sniper and shoot enemies from a far.

Last edited:

Viper

Premium
@Z218
But we do know some stuff about it.
Anyone that can read demonic language and can acquire ingredients can operate hellgate.
It's quite often requiring sacrifices, either a holy person, a loved one or just a pint or two of someone special's blood.
Most if not all is of demonic origin, as there is no third option in Itsuno's vision, just humans and demons.
Demons can use elemental magic - fire, electricity, ice, light, etc.
The closest to a witch that DMC has are alchemists mentioned in the anime. Aaron Lowell used demon skulls, symbols and an amulet to open a gate to demon world and acquire subjects to be subdued and their power used by Aaron himself. Amulet could be used only by those of Aaron's blood.
Agnus called himself a scientist, and there was indeed lots of machinery in his lab, but overall he too seemed to lean more on demon magic again, artifacts and demon blood presumably.
Messing with demon artifacts and their magic corrupts humans, in a way that feeds the seed of evil in their heart, but not actually plants it there.
Very powerful demonic items and seals can seriously mess you up if you touch them carelessly.

Reactions: Gel

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
To answer the question why we need Kyrie to fight, its just an easier/faster way of making her appealable to the core audience.

It is possible to make her interesting witout making her a fighter but the way they are writing her would have to change. Keeping her a one note love interest is why she failed in the first place.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
It is possible to make her interesting witout making her a fighter but the way they are writing her would have to change. Keeping her a one note love interest is why she failed in the first place
To be honest, the way DMC is written need to change, but this is a all new can of worms. Kyrie was written to be appealing to japanese audience, same with Nero.Even DMC4 SE romantic overtones were made with japanese fanbase in mind. Just listen to the girly new version of "Never Surrender" that plays in Vergil's ending or the woman in red, who seems to act very Kyrie"ish": delicate and graceful.
..And we still have two more action girls waiting for their spotlight: Lucia and Beryl, which means we have already four actions girls for a damsel inn distress.

Top Bottom