• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Konami Might Not Be Dead After All

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
On the plus side, at least Kojima's gone. If it hadn't been for his contract as Konami Vice President expiring, I was afraid he'd never leave.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I think there is only one side about Kojima's gone. Dead side. Basically their president already can write resumes in nearest McDonalds xD

The Good Gentleman

S'all Part of a Miracle Masterpiece
Again, Konami has plenty of stuff to live off of without Kojima for a long long while. =_=

Just think of it this way: Kojima is no longer bound by Metal Gear. This will let him make the kind of games he wants to make. You might be seeing games like Snatcher and Policenauts from now on.

Though to be perfectly honest, what bums me out most is that Zone of the Enders at this point is officially dead and gone.

WolfOD64

Again, Konami has plenty of stuff to live off of without Kojima for a long long while. =_=
It may not seem like it, but their Pachinko machines are more popular than sugar-coated crack in Japan.

Just think of it this way: Kojima is no longer bound by Metal Gear. This will let him make the kind of games he wants to make. You might be seeing games like Snatcher and Policenauts from now on.
I think the reason he hasn't made a modern sequel to Snatcher is because Warner Bros. would sue his glasses off for making the game's premise a living, breathing rip-off of Blade Runner.

WolfOD64

Bad news for Metal Gear, not Konami.
That's practically all Kojima worked on in his time as Konami Vice President (outside of ZoE, and being a creative consultant for the first Lords of Shadow).

And Konami has stated that they will continue making Metal Gear...which is only bad or good news if you cared at all for Metal Gear, and the lack of "Kojima's signature quirkiness" in future entries.

Quentarus

Message me for steam details
The way they were going, I figured they were doing restructuring, and trying to do a different business remodel, and on the outside it looked like it was a dying company. Only time will tell though.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I guess. I'm not going to judge in this case.

While I personally consider SotN to be as much of a "true castlevania" as the classic games, I can see why they would take this particular stance on the matter.

Last edited:
Top Bottom