• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is Devil May Cry becoming for newbies?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Stop this! Just write DmCDE without the : please!!!

That's completely uncalled for, man.

Also I think people keep overlooking something about DmC being 'easier'. It was a game that was trying to get a newer audience, to appeal to players that had never touched DMC before etc

Not to mention they upped the difficulty in the Definitive Edition. Which was done to address those who had concerns that DmC was too easy. I really don't see the problem, personally.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
That's completely uncalled for, man.

XD it was a joke.

Also I think people keep overlooking something about DmC being 'easier'. It was a game that was trying to get a newer audience, to appeal to players that had never touched DMC before etc

Not to mention they upped the difficulty in the Definitive Edition. Which was done to address those who had concerns that DmC was too easy. I really don't see the problem, personally.

Yeah I said all that in the OP.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Honestly they should have done it before DmC release, not year after. It was addressed in every demo they shown and they done nothing about it. DmC difficulty was on par with DMC2, making it completely forgettable game for people like me. I personally think that either it's cinematic franchise like Uncharted or it's challenge oriented franchise like DMC. If they made decision to turn Dark Souls into cinematic experience like DmC was, I would have been first to flush it down the tube.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Innsmouth: My other comment already addressed that. DmC was probably never designed for the better than average/more experienced players. That's why the Definitive Edition took difficulty into consideration afterwards instead of DmC making it a priority first and foremost.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
DmC difficulty was on par with DMC2, making it completely forgettable game for people like me.

Wait, didn't you like DMC2?

I personally think that either it's cinematic franchise like Uncharted or it's challenge oriented franchise like DMC.

Well there's also a middle ground. The Witcher for example (maybe not the first one, cause the combat is not Action based).

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Wait, didn't you like DMC2?
I do like DMC2. but in terms of difficulty its pretty easy. I don't think there is need to argue about that. and because of that thats not game that i can play endless like DMC1,3 or 4. I can only replay it from time to time. DmC had other issues that removed even that replay ability for me, but it's different story.

Well there's also a middle ground. The Witcher for example (maybe not the first one, cause the combat is not Action based).
Cant say much about it. I don't remember witcher being hard or challenging but i played it long ago (second one)

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Cant say much about it. I don't remember witcher being hard or challenging but i played it long ago (second one)

It's skill based in the sense that if you're good at the combat, you can take on enemies which are higher lvl than you, even though it's pretty hard, especially on Dark mode in TW2, and on Death March in TW3.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
It's skill based in the sense that if you're good at the combat, you can take on enemies which are higher lvl than you, even though it's pretty hard, especially on Dark mode in TW2, and on Death March in TW3.
ah ok, i don't remember which difficulty i played on. I think i played on normal.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Foxtrot94: Your concerns seem to mostly stem from the general impression DmC originally left behind regarding difficultly and how OP characters are in DMC 4: Special Edition.

And since you agree that DmC: Definitive Edition does up the difficulty setting, I would say that they'd probably keep to that when working out DmC 2. So most of this is trying to speculate whether or not they're going to make the games easier/better suited for beginners. In my opinion, probably not. Not just based on what I said about DmC: DE, but also because I don't think them making DMC 4: Special Edition 'more challenging' was in their interests.

Now let's say they're planning something with DMC 5. I'd reckon most of their efforts would be concentrated on that. Therefore it would of been less of an interest to make a 7-8 year old game difficult for us, when we've all beaten it already and know the story. Yes of course, I agree that being OP makes the game less challenging. But it's not like we really gain much for our struggle to complete it. New costumes and such aside. The game was just for fun, to give us new playable characters and to tease and tantalise us. Regardless as to if they've got anything planned for DMC 5 or not, I'm just assuming that difficultly or focus on making it challenging wasn't their biggest point to make. I could very well be wrong, but that's just how I see it.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
@Foxtrot94: Your concerns seem to mostly stem from the general impression DmC originally left behind regarding difficultly and how OP characters are in DMC 4: Special Edition.

And since you agree that DmC: Definitive Edition does up the difficulty setting, I would say that they'd probably keep to that when working out DmC 2. So most of this is trying to speculate whether or not they're going to make the games easier/better suited for beginners. In my opinion, probably not. Not just based on what I said about DmC: DE, but also because I don't think them making DMC 4: Special Edition 'more challenging' was in their interests.

Now let's say they're planning something with DMC 5. I'd reckon most of their efforts would be concentrated on that. Therefore it would of been less of an interest to make a 7-8 year old game difficult for us, when we've all beaten it already and know the story. Yes of course, I agree that being OP makes the game less challenging. But it's not like we really gain much for our struggle to complete it. New costumes and such aside. The game was just for fun, to give us new playable characters and to tease and tantalise us. Regardless as to if they've got anything planned for DMC 5 or not, I'm just assuming that difficultly or focus on making it challenging wasn't their biggest point to make. I could very well be wrong, but that's just how I see it.

Hmmm you make sense too. Maybe my concerns are unjustified...

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Hmmm you make sense too. Maybe my concerns are unjustified...

I haven't played DMC 4: SE. I'm hearing that characters, like Lady, are OP. And that it's too easy overall. What could they do/have done to fix this like they did with DmC?

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I haven't played DMC 4: SE. I'm hearing that characters, like Lady, are OP. And that it's too easy overall. What could they do/have done to fix this like they did with DmC?
That's not the thing. It's not about characters. I think they lowered overall damage down by enemies, as well enemies health. I can't really say if they attempt to make DmC more challenging succeeded, since I haven't played it, but reducing difficulty of original game is bad imho

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
That's not the thing. It's not about characters. I think they lowered overall damage down by enemies, as well enemies health.

Funny I didn't see any major difference about that. I think they just buffed the chars, that's why you have that impression.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Innsmouth, @Foxtrot94: Fair enough guys. But the point still stands. If the general impression of SE is "It's too easy", how do you change that? And I've never played DmC: DE. I've just read that difficulty was addressed in it. I think that was something they actually put much more focus into, if I remember rightly.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
With Bayonetta on the other hand, the enemies actually fight back. Granted, it was specifically designed this way to complement her dodge mechanic, but DMC has reached a point where you simply have too much of an arsenal and everything becomes too easy as a result.
This is true. If non-DT Dante had multiple dashes like his trigger form, then this wouldn't be such a huge issue.

http://devilmaycry.org/threads/what-i-think-both-control-schemes-should-be.20073/

Also, DMC5 needs to have Bayonetta's dodge offset. For almost all the characters, in my opinion.

It might not be absolutely necessary for the next installment, but it certainly couldn't hurt.

Now, if only there were an Alucard action game where he could use wolf/bat combos (yes, I'm aware of Harmony of Despair -- I'm talking 3D here).

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Honestly they should have done it before DmC release, not year after.
Just like DMC4 should've had that Lady, Trish, and Vergil playable characters instead of waiting 7 damn years later to make a special edition with too op characters that make gameplay a breeze and a half assed story for Vergil.
tumblr_inline_n8ggnxU15r1sct83q.jpg

But that ain't none of my business, I just let Capcom do Capcom.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Just like DMC4 should've had that Lady, Trish, and Vergil playable characters instead of waiting 7 damn years later to make a special edition with too op characters that make gameplay a breeze and a half assed story for Vergil.
Because adding something on top = correcting wrong decision. Yeah that totally makes sense.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Because adding something on top = correcting wrong decision. Yeah that totally makes sense.
Dude, not adding Lady and Trish, no costumes, no Vergil, and no explanation on Nero was a wrong decision in itself that Capcom wanted to correct. Same. Thing.

But I won't derail this thread for another petty DMC vs DmC argument.

Top Bottom