• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

If you could remake Devil May Cry 2...

Nelo The Great

I don't either because they sometimes breaks too soon & way to easily & often.
I'd do a weapon break setup like Demon'sSouls DarkSouls, where the wear & tear builds up over time & not just in 5 or 6 hits.
Meaning the player would have to be more watchful & take care of the equipment they acquire.
I keep referring to Demon'sSouls & DarkSouls because i love the concepts of it.
It makes you really work for everything & makes you really want to maintain everything so much so that you don't take it for granted.
Dante, Nero, Trish & others, use these weapons without any thought of maintenance for or worry of breaking or losing them.
They're just tools.
So why put a little light on the weapons used, & show how necessary they are.
Give them a reason to appreciate the weapons they use.
I don't think that would be a good idea. open world; yes. weapon break;no. it'll be fine to have a few devil arms, and then make it open world to the point that there is a hub you can walk around and get quests from people there and have some secrets inside of it

Ryuuou

The King Of Chinese Dragons
Premium
Supporter 2014
What about make it absolutely identical except the screen resolution and sound with PS3 format?
Then I mean no changes at all. Maybe some added combos and bonus weapons maybe. Yeah. keep story just as it is and the graphics style.

RhythmDemon

Half Demon
I would change the combat to have more input options instead of generic combos.
I would keep the same basic point of the story but explain why Dante was the way he was now.(Has something happened in his recent past?)
Redo The voice for Lucia giving her more interesting lines.
Incorporate Trish in the game story wise.
Make the bosses more than just hold X and win haha.
Give Dante at least one witty line that represents his old self.
Better lock on system.
And in game brightness controls.(Some of the caves got dark really fast.)

Im sure I could think of more but thats the basic overview.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'd pretty much expand on the story giving Dante more motivation for what he is doing and more investment in what Lucia and the world is going through.

I'd also flush out lucia giving her more backstory and exploring what Dumary island is like and what the Vie de marli is like.

Dante the Demon slayer

I would of not made Number 2 be the game where he goes into hell way to early in the series for that kinda came back at them when they realized they had to squeeze as much DMC before DMC2 you could tell they ran out of ideas halfway through DMC4

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I would of not made Number 2 be the game where he goes into hell way to early in the series for that kinda came back at them when they realized they had to squeeze as much DMC before DMC2 you could tell they ran out of ideas halfway through DMC4
they didn't run out of ideas the development time got cut same with DMC2

XDmC12345X

#BringBackTheStupidFiles
Nerf guns and dt, make enemies harder and attack faster, a real story, no random bosses but instead more like 1 or 3 where they talked and did something, have 3 melee weapons sword guantlets and dual sword, keep that cool running trickster stuff but have it be needed to be used in levels. Basicly DmC was dmc2 but good.

Top Bottom