• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

If you could remake Devil May Cry 2...

Zarathustra

The Forsaken Offspring of Heaven and Hell
Eyyyup. I'm posting that question. If you could remake Devil May Cry 2 from the ground up, what exactly would you do with it? If there's already a thread on this? Oh well, too bad, so sad. Stick to the topic of the thread at hand, please :p

So yeah! If you could remake Devil May Cry 2 from scratch, what would you do with it?

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
I wouldn't change much except for the voice actors. And, maybe, some of the combat system. *likes DMC2, for the most part*

Nelo The Great

Well, i will have to really think about this one, because the titles that capcom produce are some of the titles that i can best modify in my mind to be a great, unique game.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Everyone would get better Voice actors , weapons would get better combos and you could have almost all styles with out changing with the d-pad some enemies would be redesigned and given dialogue, areas would be downsized and guns wouldn't be OP. environments would be more detailed, gothic and unique. More weapons And bosses like Argosax would be scrapped into a better 1st form final boss. Puzzles would be more perfected and not as annoying and after beating Choas embodied we could play a few levels in hell to get ready for a DMC5. After beating the game we could get more costumes, and unlock a trish and nero side story telling what they were doing during 2 and connecting 4 with 2

Nelo The Great

Everyone would get better Voice actors , weapons would get better combos and you could have almost all styles with out changing with the d-pad some enemies would be redesigned and given dialogue, areas would be downsized and guns wouldn't be OP. environments would be more detailed, gothic and unique. More weapons And bosses like Argosax would be scrapped into a better 1st form final boss. Puzzles would be more perfected and not as annoying and after beating Choas embodied we could play a few levels in hell to get ready for a DMC5. After beating the game we could get more costumes, and unlock a trish and nero side story telling what they were doing during 2 and connecting 4 with 2
We should all make the fan-remake of DMC2... get a kickstarter and everything... maybe capcom will throw some money our way like they did with streetfighter x megaman

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
We should all make the fan-remake of DMC2... get a kickstarter and everything... maybe capcom will throw some money our way like they did with streetfighter x megaman
it doesnt sound like a bad idea, DMC2 with enough support and imagination could possible be better than 3 and 4 if it was given enough effort

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
It could be my first dedicated project. we could do good things for this game, the fans of a series usually know what's best for it anyway.
Sometimes i Really want to redesign some of the monsters like the gorilla boss and the half lady half squid boss all the bosses had potential its just they weren't done properly and the only demon to talk was the 3 heads one and it was just like 2 lines I mean give at least Bolverak (?) some dialog because he apparently fought with Sparda before he left and wants revenge against him through his son ,Dante,

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami

Well me & meg5493 were bouncing around that idea with a DevilMayCry5 & 6.
However it would work with a revamped DevilMayCry2.

I was thinking an open world setup like & with the difficulty of DarkSouls.

Lucia, Dante or Trish would be available to select from the start.
Different locations open to get to, with more locations opening the further you go.
The Divinity Statues would be as the DarkSouls bonfire are......almost. They would be Save points, but equipment upgrading would be done by blacksmiths only.
Your equipment could be purchased from unholy merchants & wanderers throughout the land, or weapons you've gotten from defeating certain bosses.

As DarkSouls & Demon'sSouls NewGame+ would increase difficulty, however Divinity Statues would be reduced.

Online MP would be used as DarkSouls, but not as confusing to access. Invaders would appear as evil Doppelgangers.
If someone wanted to play Dark Souls wouldn't they just play Dark Souls. a remake of a DMC game should obviously be made more like better DMC games not like something else.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
If someone wanted to play Dark Souls wouldn't they just play Dark Souls. a remake of a DMC game should obviously be made more like better DMC games not like something else.
No Dark souls is an example if DMC2 would have been open world and giving ideas what it would be like

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
No Dark souls is an example if DMC2 would have been open world and giving ideas what it would be like
Open world doesn't really suit DMC and changing the fundamental structure of something should only be done with great care and a lot of thought.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Open world doesn't really suit DMC and changing the fundamental structure of something should only be done with great care and a lot of thought.
Open world depending on HOW open it is how i look at it because it would depend on the story and missions heck it could be a really good spinoff sequel to the anime :0

Nelo The Great

Exactly.
It would be a revamped DevilMayCry2 that has open world exploration, the ability to create multiple save files for each of the three characters.
Increasing difficulty with NG+
Every game has borrowed ideas from every other game, so why not take an open world idea & use it to revamp a classic DevilMayCry.
There's no original characters being rebooted, no longtime fans alienated.
Just a DevilMayCry title getting revamped & expanded.
If i was good at programming, this would be a synch, but i'm more of the creative type. i like to spend my time thinking of ways games can be better, and when i reveal my ideas to other people, i almost always get a positive response....

Azure King

Eyyyup. I'm posting that question. If you could remake Devil May Cry 2 from the ground up, what exactly would you do with it? If there's already a thread on this? Oh well, too bad, so sad. Stick to the topic of the thread at hand, please :p

So yeah! If you could remake Devil May Cry 2 from scratch, what would you do with it?

Better graphics, better voice acting and i'd also add better battle scenes

Nelo The Great

Me either but it seems like Bethesda titles are a big target for moders.
2beffd320acba9684fd29c606adeea05.jpg

It would be awesome if you could add Dante in Skyrim lol.
Anywho.
Remaking DevilMayCry2.
What about adding a weapon break effect, like for swords.
Could you explain that a bit more?

Top Bottom