• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

If Devil May Cry 2 was remade, will you play it?

If Devil May Cry 2 was remade, will you play it?

• Yes

Votes: 46 93.9%
  • No

Votes: 3 6.1%

• Total voters

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
If Devil May Cry 2 was remake by Capcom and Ninja Theory, with many alterations, like:

1. Dante's personality is similar to his DMC1 attitude. However, his attire and appearance from DMC2 must remain the same.

2. Dante has access to many more variety of Devil Arms and firearms.

3. Enhanced Style system, where you can set your Style moves freely for your Style button (E.g: Circle button)

4. A gothic storyline like DMC1 and DMC3, but is still lively due to Dante's attitude from DMC1.

5. More variety of demons and bosses.

6. More harder difficulty than the original DMC2.

7. Amulet system is enhanced, but with different effects minus the elemental effects. Like added attack power, faster speed, etc.

8. Graphics remade to PS3 and Xbox 360 graphics.

9. Lucia should become more lively, and should have her appearance changed slightly.

10. The story must be canon to DMC universe.

11. Vergil and Nero should be playable as well.

12. Trish and Lady should make an appearance.

13. Mysteries of DMC games should be explained in this game.

14. Improved battle system from DMC, DMC3 and DMC4.

And if this game remake to Xbox 360, PS3 and PC, will you buy it? My answer will be yes. :D:D:D:D:D

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^HELLS YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% and more.To infinity!

PS : ...PSP PLOX??*Insert super cute puppy eyes here.*

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Probably not, to be DMC2 they would have to stick with the story which I found really weak to begin with even if they do flesh it out a little the base story would still be there which I had so little interest in I nearly just stopped halfway through Dante's story because I lost the will to keep going.
For DMC2 to be made into a decent game they would have to change so much it would be a new game anyway. Why not just make an entirely new game with no restrictions?

Whats done is done and didn't do any serious damage to the series as far as story goes so I don't see the point in fixing what isn't necessarily broken..just bad.

King of Hell

Must Die
a simple answer? yes, because I'd buy any DMC game.

but a detailed answer, I don't want them to waste resources on a game that actually has the worst story ever, I agree with everything Darth Angelo said, no matter what we see in the story, Arius & Lucia were lame.

just lets keep DMC2 as far in the future as possible, since the only official say from capcom is that DMC2 is very far into the future.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I for one would like the story to be fleshed out some more. You guys seem to be knocking it before you try it, y'know? Be a bit more open-minded. Who knows? Maybe, if DMC2 is remade, it would become your favorite game in the series! XD

Meg

I would give it a try sure. Although to be honest the review scores would determine if I get it right away or later on when nothing else is out.

moseslmpg

This "remake" wouldn't be DMC2, so it's a trick question.

You have to get up pretty early in the afternoon to get one past this guy...(I'm referring to myself,just in case someone doesn't get it).

HQQR - Solid

THE AWESOME
^Dude... I know you TRY to sound "knowledgeable" and what not, but I guess you haven't realized it makes you seem like a complete douche :/

Anyways on to more important things. DMC2 was an ok game IMO of course. When I heard that so many people didn't like it I was like WTF. It had it's problems, but so did the original. But the only thing that always remains with the DMC series is the god forsaken camera angles. Although they have those "slight" weaknesses, the dmc franchise is great. Revamping DMC2 would be a big success I think.

King of Hell

Must Die
its hard to change our opinion if we start the game & we know we hate Arius & Lucia. we already pre-hate the title of "DMC2" & "Arius" & "Lucia", the fans will go crazy if they hear a game that involved the three of those.

Darth Angelo

Little about it had any character imo and I ended up buying it again just because I remembered so little of it. The enemies, the scenery, a majority of the bosses.
To ensure a successful response they would have to tear down pretty much every character in the game and build them from the ground up. Do the same with the gameplay and the weapons. It's a new game already only they would have to be constantly working around the story which doesn't involve Vergil so let's face it, it's not going to be popular..
Oh I went there..I went there in a DMC2 thread.

King of Hell

Must Die
its pretty obvious what the answer is if the question is DMC2 remake vs DMC5. capcom doesn't have unlimited resources, so I'd rather they waste their resources on something we haven't seen.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
after all, remakes cost money. And seeing that DMC2 was such a flop in the first place, they wouldn't take the risk again with a remake.
That's why capcom probably made such a half-assed attempted at DMC3 SE because making Vergil's own story would have cost money.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
I loved the combat system in DMC2. You would get different combos depending on which way you would move the analog stick after hitting the button a certain number of times. xD It was fun. However, Ebony and Ivory fired WAY too slow for my liking. AND, the enemy AI was...saddening.

I did like Lucia, and I thought her appearance was fine...her appearance wasn't...skimpy...her hair could use a little less red though. As for her character...I think if they fleshed her out some more, it would've been alright.

My only real complaints about the game were lack of difficulty, non-interesting environment...and the story was weak. I did like the IDEA of the story...it was just presented poorly.

HONESTLY...I think DMC2 is fine as it is. I only want two more DMC games. One right before DMC2, and one after.

Let the one before DMC2 finish explaining what's up with Nero, and cover a few other vital points, and then let the one after DMC2 continue the game series with Dante as the lead, and give it some kind of nice, clean finish. Then I will be satisfied with DMC as a series.

King of Hell

Must Die
capcom is very known for milking franchises to death, just look how many sequels megaman & street fighter got. & I don't want the market to be out of stylish difficult action games anyway, all the other action games are too easy compared to DMC.

anyway, DMC2 did a few things right, it introduced Trickster, twosometime, & fireworks, Aerial Rave, Bloody Palace, & by far the coolest DT design, let's not forget the Majin form too.

however, those reasons alone aren't enough to make it a good DMC game. those things made it a good generic action game.

Darth Angelo

BlueDevil;265717 said:
I loved the combat system in DMC2. You would get different combos depending on which way you would move the analog stick after hitting the button a certain number of times. xD It was fun. However, Ebony and Ivory fired WAY too slow for my liking. AND, the enemy AI was...saddening.

Yeah it would be good to see that brought back into the series more as most combos in the last couple of games have been mainly based on timing. Keeping that and incorporating analouge direction as well you could have a massive combo possibilities.

And it wouldn't be compulsery so newbies could still mash the melee button over and over and hold their own and you wouldn't get complaints about it being too complicated.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
King of Hell;265724 said:
capcom is very known for milking franchises to death, just look how many sequels megaman & street fighter got. & I don't want the market to be out of stylish difficult action games anyway, all the other action games are too easy compared to DMC.

anyway, DMC2 did a few things right, it introduced Trickster, twosometime, & fireworks, Aerial Rave, Bloody Palace, & by far the coolest DT design, let's not forget the Majin form too.

however, those reasons alone aren't enough to make it a good DMC game. those things made it a good generic action game.

Funny thing is, Mega Man still seems to be successful too. At least, I know I still enjoy those games.

You forgot that DMC2 had awesome enemy and boss design, but then again, that's more based on opinion than anything, so I'll be quiet about that.

King of Hell

Must Die
nah, I never liked the enemy designs that much, but they're not bad, I'd have to accept that we'd never see enemy designs as good as the original, it just set very high standards from the start.

moseslmpg

HQQR - Solid;265699 said:
^Dude... I know you TRY to sound "knowledgeable" and what not, but I guess you haven't realized it makes you seem like a complete douche :/
Amazing! And I wasn't even trying that time. I guess I underestimate my "knowledgeableness."

Anyway, remaking DMC2 would be a terrible idea. There are 3 problems:

1. If DMC2 was remade as a good game with different story, characters, locations, enemies, weapons, etc. then it wouldn't be DMC2 anyway. It would just be DMC5, with nothing to connect it to DMC2.

2. If they kept the old stuff from DMC2 and just upgraded it, no one would buy it.

3. Even if they did what I said in #1, they would be crazy to call it DMC2 because it would send fans running.

What they need to do is make a game or games that have some small connection to DMC2, so they can try to make sense of it (This is not difficult, btw). Or they just need to ignore DMC2. Remaking it just doesn't make sense.

------

Just to defuse any accusations of unfairness, someone give me a basic outline of what DMC2 Remade would be like, and how it would be a remake rather than a new game. Maybe it can be done, but I see no possibilities as of now.

Top Bottom