• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ideas for Introduction

Domenic93

my guess is that it's going to be stereotypical hero entrance. with a woman running in a dark ally, is cornered by demons or muggers. and Dino is on top of a building jumps down and saves her. -_-

NT use mo cap for scenes like movies, with over the shoulder camera angels and a focus on the drama. Capcom always has cheesiness but its overlooked by all their stunt teams who make epic fight sequences. NT said they were using the same people who made Avatar so i think the their fight/action sequences are going to have a gripping feel to them, like Uncharted has. I just hope they have great fight choreography because like, choco said, DmC has to achieve a pretty high bar. My favorite choreographed fights are from MGS series and DMC.

you mean their game is going to feel like the game series who's animations they said were over done?

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
^^lol I thought avatar was kinda lame, but the animation for it was the best ive ever seen, especally in 3d.
and I dont think you can over use animation when the whole game is animated.

Dantino

That crazy dude on the internet...
my guess is that it's going to be stereotypical hero entrance. with a woman running in a dark ally, is cornered by demons or muggers. and Dino is on top of a building jumps down and saves her. -_-

you mean their game is going to feel like the game series who's animations they said were over done?
That statement was misunderstood and it has been corrected.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
^^ that was basically what i was trying to say, but with the new look for dante, and none of the cgi, just in game graphics. i thought this trailer was more of a teaser/ experiment for whats to come in the future. But i always thought it had a real cool look. This is the Dante when he is in his element and you can see on his face that he wants to put boots to a$$e$ =P plus alot of his strength is displayed which we've haven't seen in any new gameplay trailers but in interviews they say Dante will be able to use elements of the world he's in to his advantage.

ReRave

smug jerk
but in interviews they say Dante will be able to use elements of the world he's in to his advantage.
I am not sure, if they're still going to do that. I think by now, they would have shown us their examples for environmental attacks. I don't say I miss it, but more cool features are always better than less.

Notice how there are no cars to flip around in Limbo?

chocolatepanda

It could just mean that u will be able to grab and pull to move dante to dodge moves like in a boss battle or like we saw in a previous video where u just use move dante using his whip thing to get to a different location to fight a boss or possibly take advantage of a weak spot similar to how Dantes's fight was with the Savior in DMC4.

Dantino

That crazy dude on the internet...
manipulate the environment might not be combat based only. It could be outside combat for example dante could use his whip to drag/pull parts of the buildings in limbo to bring out platforms to get to greater heights or hidden spots,he could use it during puzzle solving to pull a lever or an obstacle,or in combat to pull hanging blocks/pillars to smash a boss when the boss is stunned(for extra damage).

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I think the demonic power will have a stronger ability, and eventually as the story progesses, the environment will have more accessable "things" to benifit the acquired ability. The same goes for the infamous "rain storm/rising rain storm". One reason why it hasn't been seen in any new gameplay trailers might be because the ability isn't accessable yet.

Ultima

Obsessed Green Day Fangirl ^^
Well, pretty much all of the opening scenes in the DMC games have been some badass fighting squeneces, so for DmC it'll most likely be like that too :3 But, as long as I see New Dante kicking some ass with that half angel half demon badassery of his then I dont care what the opening scene is like xD

ReRave

smug jerk
It was the same diffuse grey lighting like in the real world and the camera shows scenes from the real world: gang violence, poverty, misery, but also blessed normality (people going about their buisiness, not minding the problems next door). We see some shots of Limbo City from above, the skyline that we've seen in 2010 (while some kind of atmospheric melody plays in the background, I think it was from FFX ;) ). Theny the camera zooms through the city, through different streets and alleys and lays it's view on young man, sitting in a backalley next to a trashcan, smoking a cigarette huddled in his long black coat. He watches the display of his mobile and curses a girl, cat(/pat/whatever), for not showing up in time. He puts his mobile into his pocket and lights another cigarette, clearly he is nervous.
Suddendly, there's a huge shadow standing before him, Dante looks up, visibly annoyed and says: "Would you mind? Trying to get my tan on.". The man, easily 2 metres in height, dressed in rugged gang-attire, spits out and growls: "Get your ass outta my turf, punk.", more men appear in the entrance of the backalley, weilding baseball bats and crowbars and young Dante gets up, finally lights his second cigarette (he had to fight with the damn lighter), dusts of the ashes from his coat. Standing up he kocks the big guy over with a headbutt and while the guy is dropping, he is kicking his legs from under his body, sending him flying (wildly spinning) into his arriving henchemen.
Dante loosens his joints and says "bring it".

Combat Tutorial begins, Dante is weilding a wooden stick as a weapon for now. Later he will get dragged into Limbo, where the stick transforms into Rebellion and he finds his guns.

Tiran

The great pretender.
It was the same diffuse grey lighting like in the real world and the camera shows scenes from the real world: gang violence, poverty, misery, but also blessed normality (people going about their buisiness, not minding the problems next door). We see some shots of Limbo City from above, the skyline that we've seen in 2010 (while some kind of atmospheric melody plays in the background, I think it was from FFX ;) ). Theny the camera zooms through the city, through different streets and alleys and lays it's view on young man, sitting in a backalley next to a trashcan, smoking a cigarette huddled in his long black coat. He watches the display of his mobile and curses a girl, cat(/pat/whatever), for not showing up in time. He puts his mobile into his pocket and lights another cigarette, clearly he is nervous.
Suddendly, there's a huge shadow standing before him, Dante looks up, visibly annoyed and says: "Would you mind? Trying to get my tan on.". The man, easily 2 metres in height, dressed in rugged gang-attire, spits out and growls: "Get your ass outta my turf, punk.", more men appear in the entrance of the backalley, weilding baseball bats and crowbars and young Dante gets up, finally lights his second cigarette (he had to fight with the damn lighter), dusts of the ashes from his coat. Standing up he kocks the big guy over with a headbutt and while the guy is dropping, he is kicking his legs from under his body, sending him flying (wildly spinning) into his arriving henchemen.

Combat Tutorial begins, Dante is weilding a wooden stick as a weapon for now. Later he will get dragged into Limbo, where the stick transforms into Rebellion and he finds his guns.

I... don't think I like the idea of Dante throwing down dirty with petty lesser beings like humans. It demeans his sense of greater meaning and his immense power. Besides, a hit from a being that can "**** with a god" should kill a man instantly. Now, if street gangs gave Dante his space as he passed, unconcerned, not even looking at them, and spread like grease in a sink without so much as a word, that would go further in demonstrating and establishing his cool bad-assness 'till the real threat arrives. That would put him-and thus- his battles on another level entirely.

ReRave

smug jerk
I... don't think I like the idea of Dante throwing down dirty with petty lesser beings like humans. It demeans his sense of greater meaning and his immense power. Besides, a hit from a being that can "**** with a god" should kill a man instantly. Now, if street gangs gave Dante his space as he passed, unconcerned, not even looking at them, and spread like grease in a sink without so much as a word, that would go further in demonstrating and establishing his cool bad-assness 'till the real threat arrives. That would put him-and thus- his battles on another level entirely.
It was just some thoughts I have been organizing about the phrase "Dante is a youth, who tries to come to terms with his being a half angel and half demon". I thought lashing out, would be a nice way to show his distress, but I get were your concern is coming from.

Lulu_Way

DMC Fan X

Oooh imagine doing the Dance Macabre move with a plank of wood XD

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
In an unprecedented twist, the game could open with an extremely badass-looking 25-30 year-old version of DmC Dante. (hair color can be white or black, really). For whatever reason, he's pitted against this game's demons--first in a cutscene and then playable--and fighting almost exactly like DMC4 Dante. He could even be narrating over the whole thing as the credits show up on the side.
Something happens to bring up a memory, and the story shifts to the past.

Other than that, Tiran's idea was the coolest in my opinion.

Top Bottom