• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ideas for Introduction

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I wonder if a cinematic telling us the origins of Dante will commence. Personally the openings in DMC1/3 got me really hooked. The legend of Sparda and what not, and we continuing his legacy through his son. I'd still like something like that if possible - altered though:p

chocolatepanda

Umm... Why would the demon just leave him there alive?

The can be multiple reasons it could be virgil or it could be sparda even arkham. If its Virgil he could want some help or wants him to be a distraction while he does some behind the scenes stuff. If its sparda he could just want his son to know what he is. If its Arkham he could just want to see what a half demon/angel is capable of possible to join his side or just for fun. Could be someone totally new who might want to him hostage and study him since he's unique.

Vezild

Taking Back Lordran One Boss At a Time
The can be multiple reasons it could be virgil or it could be sparda even arkham. If its Virgil he could want some help or wants him to be a distraction while he does some behind the scenes stuff. If its sparda he could just want his son to know what he is. If its Arkham he could just want to see what a half demon/angel is capable of possible to join his side or just for fun. Could be someone totally new who might want to him hostage and study him since he's unique.
OR :eek: OR this person could be using him to open a portal to hell/heaven/both!

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I personally like how Batman AC starts off. Its pretty much like the start of a movie, and when it fades to white and give the title screen and the long slow music behind it make it ominous.

I want to see Dante fresh outta prison/mental institution, smoking, and just overall in a ****ed off mood with his hood on. I would like to see the same over the shoulder shot with him walking with that girl, but no girl and hooded and just have people giving him awkward stares, dogs barking at him, children pointing, basically everything around him being able to recognize him in a very subtle way. eventually leading him down a path where their spawns a dead end and walls crash close and demons appear. A little tuturial for sword play and random flash backs in mid battle of when he was trapped in the prison. And when the last demon is killed, a nice cut scene to show Dante finish off one last enemy and then a reveal of the next sized enemy introduced and a reveal of Ebony and Ivory and a shooting tuturial. Couple more painful flash backs of breaking out and eventually a cut scene for finishing off the battle. The path that was once blocked comes back and your on your way.

Vezild

Taking Back Lordran One Boss At a Time
I personally like how Batman AC starts off. Its pretty much like the start of a movie, and when it fades to white and give the title screen and the long slow music behind it make it ominous.

I want to see Dante fresh outta prison/mental institution, smoking, and just overall in a ****ed off mood with his hood on. I would like to see the same over the shoulder shot with him walking with that girl, but no girl and hooded and just have people giving him awkward stares, dogs barking at him, children pointing, basically everything around him being able to recognize him in a very subtle way. eventually leading him down a path where their spawns a dead end and walls crash close and demons appear. A little tuturial for sword play and random flash backs in mid battle of when he was trapped in the prison. And when the last demon is killed, a nice cut scene to show Dante finish off one last enemy and then a reveal of the next sized enemy introduced and a reveal of Ebony and Ivory and a shooting tuturial. Couple more painful flash backs of breaking out and eventually a cut scene for finishing off the battle. The path that was once blocked comes back and your on your way.
Can someone give me a Me Gusta for that????

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

It reminds me of Inception.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
It reminds me of Inception.
I havent had the chance to see the end of inception but the part when the girl enters leos mind and all the people in his mind can sense her, thats pretty much what I like =D DmC has that inception feel to it also, but much more aggresive I think.
Also what I really enjoyed from the debut trailer was Dantes attitude and his general dislike of the demons and someone being tortured gives good reason for it.
I hope NT still keeps the mental prison intact because to me, Dante never had a hard time doing anything, and for the most part he had fun doing it. I like seeing heros being hurt or lost because sometimes the hard parts are the choices they need to make.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I hope its not in his mind tho.

I think i would like to see him actually being challenged both physically and mentally. Dante has had it too easy in the past.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Ok, here is my intro scene:
Interogator tortures Dante again in a new session (This is after DmC E3 trailer scene).
Dante is sad, angry and angsty. He's being treated unfair. He thinks of his mother and what happened, and the demons.
Interogator shocks him again because he's not responding.
Is about to ask question but then Dante goes wild. Incomplete demonic transformation happens. Dante has glowy red eyes and a demonic aura.

He uses his powers to break the door. The interogator and guards go to stop him outside. Dante beats **** out of them but stops because he remembers what his mother said "Dante things that kill are demons". With this in his head Dante is about to deal a very severe punch to interogator but he stops.

HE breaths heavily as demonic aura is covering him (red eye is disappearing slowly). Shortly after this the intro stops and you see Dante going towards corridor to exit.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
i just thought of something. alright since ninja theory are really good at mo-cap and what not, im expecting some awesome action sequences.

chocolatepanda

i just thought of something. alright since ninja theory are really good at mo-cap and what not, im expecting some awesome action sequences.

Did any of their previous games have good actions sequences?

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
NT use mo cap for scenes like movies, with over the shoulder camera angels and a focus on the drama. Capcom always has cheesiness but its overlooked by all their stunt teams who make epic fight sequences. NT said they were using the same people who made Avatar so i think the their fight/action sequences are going to have a gripping feel to them, like Uncharted has. I just hope they have great fight choreography because like, choco said, DmC has to achieve a pretty high bar. My favorite choreographed fights are from MGS series and DMC.

ZeroLove

I want to see Dante start out as he did in the very first trailer. He is tied up and getting questioned about his identity, getting all analysed and stuff, then when he says 'My name is Dante!' he breaks free and then you start from there, helping him escape imprisonment, get all his stuff back like his sword and clothes and eventually meeting up with that ghost girl.

Top Bottom