• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I swear to god...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asmodaius

She's probably a whole new character. So far there's been a new female character appearance in each DMC, kinda like James Bond, so I think that's the case with this girl as well.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I thinking the cast for the game may be pretty big compared to other dmc games. I hope it has plenty of people who are involved with the story. Since the demons control everything, there has to be some people who are supporting the demon's or even brainwashed. And if dante has escaped from the loony pin, the demons may need humans to control as scouts.

Grandiloquence

The following things that caught my attention about the trailer and make me think that the whole mentally ill theory may be right:

- "What is your name?" sequence. This is actually a real psychological technique to 'brain wash' people, it's also used as a trigger to identificate mental conditions, like dissociative identity desorders, by, as you could see, asking again and again to the person to say the name of the personality currently dominating.

- Furthermore the very begining of the trailer: 'young subjects rehabilitation program' and 'psycho evaluation treatment' are obvious indication he was in some point at a mental fascility, probably a derivate for the 'criminal insane' (sort of like Arkham Asylum) or just a goverment experimentation station.

- The tomography brain scan.

- Limbo City, 'in between', not only refers to the place in where unbaptized souls wander eternally but also to the psychological state between 'reality' and 'fantasy'.

-The hair (NOT THE COLOUR) but rather, the style or the lack of it; it sort of look like the standard cut it used either in prision or mental hospital. Uneven and cut hastily (probably to put sensors to monitoring brain activity) it could be just to add to the punk vibe to it but still.

So I really think new Dante scaped from some mental fascility because he is able to see both heaven and hell in the same dimensional plane ( a bit like Hellblaiser/Constantine) and obviously people though he is insane or he really is insane and everything, including his devil persona is all in his head.

NeroxAngelo

I'm a hundred percent with you. first of all "it's all a dream" not a fan, unless its inception. second you don't mess with dante's core character, obviously he has his more serious moments (DMC 2 mostly) but really he should laugh in the face of danger, and be the cocky show off he is meant to be.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I'm a hundred percent with you. first of all "it's all a dream" not a fan, unless its inception. second you don't mess with dante's core character, obviously he has his more serious moments (DMC 2 mostly) but really he should laugh in the face of danger, and be the cocky show off he is meant to be.
ur right except i think, and what NT might be thinking is, Dante had to come to terms with his power somehow. I mean, no one knows they are very hard to kill until someone succeeds at killing him, or so they think. And anytime prior to that, Dante might take things a little slower, more in tune with his humanity and his feelings. Dante still knows he has power's but i dont think he knows to what extent. Similar to Nero discovering his true potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom