• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I returned to this game after playing DmC

berto

I Saw the Devil
I have to agree with the disposal of styles. Styles are great in DMC3 but they came about because they couldn't run all those moves on the PS2. Switching on the fly is cool but it wouldn't exist is they had the power to input all those moves from the beginning. I rather have a system that uses many moves thoughout the layout of the controler rather than switching the function of one button to many different uses.

Hey so i know this is the wrong play to ask but do you know if any of the final fantasy games are action style or have an action style option? what i mean is are there any final fantasy games besides the dissidia series that off action style Dissidia gameplay for a console?
Final Fantasy XII I believe. I personally don't mind turn-based, but if you're looking for action in a "real" FF game, it's gonna be twelve. (I love Dissidia, but it's like Super Smash Bro.s, you can't play it and automatically be a Nintendo fan) Thirteen has a que-ing system. But none the flow and in-depth action gameplay like Dissidia.

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
DmC is really more simple and sophisticated than DMC3 when you think about the inputs and the things you can do on the fly. But saying that "you couldn't have all your moves" in DMC4 is just retardness, the actions were 1 input away from you, is like saying you don't have the angel/demon mode accessible the whole time just because you have to hold down your triggers to use them.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Controls feels sluggish and clunky.
Wut? It feels faster than DMC4 and DmC to me. Faster response time, long attacks as well as brief attacks, it worked well. Maybe you're trying to do combos that don't mix or something. Or you're playing it on a defective PS2. :laugh:

The style system feels limiting.
Yeah, that was the point. It's to encourage you to improve your skills with one style, and to challenge you to beat a whole level while being limited. In that sense, it's similar to RPGs, in that they give you the choice between certain character roles. But I can see why you'd want to play as a combination of styles - DMC4 made that possible.

The camera is always in the way.
You can move the camera yourself, IIRC. I only had problems with it when going around corners where the camera would position itself in front of Dante instead of near his back. Never had issues in combat.

I hate how you can only use two weapons at time
Me too - especially when it became clear you needed to use a certain weapon to attack those combo statue thingies.

Last edited:
The only reason i am not mad at this is because nero does share some similarities to inuyasha and the whole love interest thing is also similar other then that i wouldnt call dmc4 a inuyasha rip off but the similarities are there

Yeah,If we get to analyze games based on what they 'ripped-off' we're getting nowhere.
You enjoy it? Good. Then who cares what they 'ripped-off'.Anyway,there's a difference in rip-off and influence and inspiration.
I don't care either way.

seraphmaycry

Well, DMC plots have always been pretty barebones and generic. They understood they were making a game more for its action and its story, so, like a Hollywood action movie from the 80s, the story exists simply to tell a vague thread of events and get us to the next part with guns and explosions :tongue:

did somebody just say...

EXPLOSIOOOONS?!!!!!??!?!?!?!?!

sorry couldn't help myself.

anyway i disagree, dmc3 feel better then DmC to me and i enjoy it more, having only style at a time doesn't bother me, all of them are powerful and they are more tactical than a combo thing, as for the freedom of the combos i find it having less possibilities than DmC, but i enjoy, the game has just enough combos and tricks so a noob can't mash random attacks together and call it a "combo" (i know you can get away with this in DmC, me and the only two of my freinds i can convince to even try out the series have proven time and time again that as long as you never do the same thing twice and change weapons every few attacks, you'll be fine) in DMC3 try mashing a few attacks and switching weapons, unless you have increased your health a lot, than you'll probably die on anythign other than easy, which already has automatic mode. in dmc3, i am tested each any every time to keep up my style without getting killed. also, in response to clunky controls, i never have noticed a problem, they only time i have an issue is in the vergie boss fight, sometime i'll get panicky and perform some really stupid combo like stinger chained into a standard beowulf combo, that has a ridiculous pause form what i have seen. using only two weapons at a team, i already said above, it adds a higher level of skill requirements, every time i start the game up i think whether i should try switching from the balance of rebbelion to the speed of agni and rudra.

camera sucks in far to many parts, worst offender? agni and rudra, fridging insane.

another thing i'd like to mention is the enemies in DmC, not much variety, and most of them are stunned in one or two hits, or if you dodge are fridging stunned from their own attack, dmc3 dosn't even have much of that on the lower difficulties (not including the extremely weak enemies, as weaklings being weak should probably be expected) in DmC i can honestly airborne and kill a butcher in a single combo with only basic jump canceling and osiris, ind dmc3, id laugh at anyone who tries to do that the games equivalent of a mini boss, the hell vanguard, hell i'd laugh if they tried it on anything other than the hells, the frost-soul thingies and the bloodgoyles (im probably missing one or two, but you get my point, i think)

i'd say DmC sucked, dmc3 was great and i don't even bother with dmc4 anymore and i just can't kill nightmare on 1, im 1billion percent certain i just listed every single devil may cry game in existence.

MKH Spartan

I think there was something called DMC2, but I'm not sure, I don't think anyone played it or knows of it's existence. Maybe it was just my imagination, because the thought of a game with that name scared me.

Anyway lol, in DMC3 I was fine with the camera angle in pretty much every area with one exception, the Agni and Rudra boss fight, omg I hate the camera angle in that boss fight, even though the boss fight is quite fun.

DmC is just so meh in my opinion, I can do no damage runs on almost all the levels in the game without even learning the combat system properly, it's just sad, I'd like to see someone do that in any other DMC game, the series is supposed to be challenging, not a cakewalk.

Oh, and the rebooted Version of Vergil becomes such a dick in the Vergil's Downfall DLC that he makes me like rebooted Dante in comparison, and I don't like him at all.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Yo volpe

I have dirge of Cerberus Vincent is a badass pity your on the other side of the world with a different region code or I would loan it to you otherwise

Caiden

To each their own. They're all good. I even liked DMC2, played the crap out of it.

And Vergil becoming a d!ck in Vergil's Downfall is sorta the point. Plus, it's not like classic Vergil wasn't a douchenozzle either, using people and killing people unarmed :tongue:

I was just playing DMC2 the other day. I actually has some pretty cool qualities that I wish had stuck around for the series.

MKH Spartan

To each their own. They're all good. I even liked DMC2, played the crap out of it.

And Vergil becoming a d!ck in Vergil's Downfall is sorta the point. Plus, it's not like classic Vergil wasn't a douchenozzle either, using people and killing people unarmed :tongue:
Killing an unarmed human/demon who murdered his own wife and tried to kill his daughter? I dunno, I don't have an issue with him doing that.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
And honestly i think it sucks now.

Controls feels sluggish and clunky.
The style system feels limiting.
The camera is always in the way.
I hate how you can only use two weapons at time

DmC spoiled me :(
tumblr_lokck8bYVQ1qdp2veo1_500.gif

DMC3 is still king

seraphmaycry

I think there was something called DMC2, but I'm not sure, I don't think anyone played it or knows of it's existence. Maybe it was just my imagination, because the thought of a game with that name scared me.

Anyway lol, in DMC3 I was fine with the camera angle in pretty much every area with one exception, the Agni and Rudra boss fight, omg I hate the camera angle in that boss fight, even though the boss fight is quite fun.

DmC is just so meh in my opinion, I can do no damage runs on almost all the levels in the game without even learning the combat system properly, it's just sad, I'd like to see someone do that in any other DMC game, the series is supposed to be challenging, not a cakewalk.

Oh, and the rebooted Version of Vergil becomes such a **** in the Vergil's Downfall DLC that he makes me like rebooted Dante in comparison, and I don't like him at all.

i don't think capcom knows how to count, capcom logic for counting= 1,3,anime,4,random reboot because F fans.

Top Bottom