• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I returned to this game after playing DmC

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
And honestly i think it sucks now.

Controls feels sluggish and clunky.
The style system feels limiting.
The camera is always in the way.
I hate how you can only use two weapons at time

DmC spoiled me :(

lol its what happens when you jump generations like that dmc3 was ps2 and even though they remade it its still based off of a ps2 gen game however i personally perfer the two weapons at a time thing makes combing easier (i believe you should be able to pick any two weapons at any time but still) there are 5 styles how many more do you want lol? and the camera will always be a problem in any game we all share your pain :p

Jack500

lol its what happens when you jump generations like that dmc3 was ps2 and even though they remade it its still based off of a ps2 gen game however i personally perfer the two weapons at a time thing makes combing easier (i believe you should be able to pick any two weapons at any time but still) there are 5 styles how many more do you want lol? and the camera will always be a problem in any game we all share your pain :p

I don't want any styles. I want to be able to dodge, block attacks, and charge your guns, without having to Interact with some statue

Last edited:

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
So does everyone which is why dmc4 was loved by dante gameplay fanatics because of the son the spot style switching

You've got a slight mistake, there... *on-the-spot. You accidentally did 'son the spot', lol :D
Eh... evaluation mode disengaged XD

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
lol..its been a long day

Hey so i know this is the wrong play to ask but do you know if any of the final fantasy games are action style or have an action style option? what i mean is are there any final fantasy games besides the dissidia series that off action style idissidia gameplay for a console?

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
You still had to switch style, you couldn't use all the styles at the same time

true true i do enjoy being able to do all the styels at once but again with DmC i think it tried to do to much i played the demo and i couldnt even get the controls to fit right with me cuz there was just so much and plus in dmc4 the style switch was quick you barely noticed the transition

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Hey so i know this is the wrong play to ask but do you know if any of the final fantasy games are action style or have an action style option? what i mean is are there any final fantasy games besides the dissidia series that off action style idissidia gameplay for a console?

I know there's a third person shooter with role playing elements, but that's a pretty old game. It's called Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII. I don't think there's any other games like that, or any types of action games like the Dissidia series.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
true true i do enjoy being able to do all the styels at once but again with DmC i think it tried to do to much i played the demo and i couldnt even get the controls to fit right with me cuz there was just so much and plus in dmc4 the style switch was quick you barely noticed the transition

Dissidia is about it. There's also Kingdom Hearts, but that's because it was Square's first real dabbling into action games - it's just normally not their cup of tea. Or at least it wasn't until recently :p

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
I know there's a third person shooter with role playing elements, but that's a pretty old game. It's called Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII. I don't think there's any other games like that, or any types of action games like the Dissidia series.

I FREAKING LOVE DIRGE OF CERBERUS!!!!!! but i cant find it anywhere:( i wish they ewould remake it for the 360 but i know it wont happen and really there isnt one other final fantasy game that has action style gameplay?

Dissidia is about it. There's also Kingdom Hearts, but that's because it was Square's first real dabbling into action games - it's just normally not their cup of tea. Or at least it wasn't until recently :p

Yah i know about KOH i just...disney characters through me off lol i know its dumb but...however sephiroth cloud and squall are in those games so i might try it one day

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
And honestly i think it sucks now.

Controls feels sluggish and clunky.
The style system feels limiting.
The camera is always in the way.
I hate how you can only use two weapons at time

DmC spoiled me :(
Whoa. Just whoa. :bored:

DMC3 is my favorite game in the franchise. If you can deal with the... tight controls (that's how they are by design, and that's the only word I can use to describe them), then you can have a rather decent time.

That being said, I'm glad you chose DmC over the swill that was basically an Inuyasha ripoff. :D

Last edited:

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Whoa. Just whoa. :bored:

DMC3 is my favorite game in the franchise. If you can deal with the... tight controls (that's how they are by design, and that's the only word I can use to describe them), then you can have a rather decent time.

That being said, I'm glad you chose DmC over the swill that was basically an Inuyasha ripoff. Followed. :D

The only reason i am not mad at this is because nero does share some similarities to inuyasha and the whole love interest thing is also similar other then that i wouldnt call dmc4 a inuyasha rip off but the similarities are there

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Well, what he's sayin' is that a lot of people found DMC4 to be like Bleach, while DMC3 was InuYasha with its standard brother against brother fair.

Ahhh makes sense yah i can see it didnt mean they werent good games and honestly the min you have a hot headed main character with a sword and a love interest you can instantly compare him to quite a few animes

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Well, DMC plots have always been pretty barebones and generic. They understood they were making a game more for its action and its story, so, like a Hollywood action movie from the 80s, the story exists simply to tell a vague thread of events and get us to the next part with guns and explosions :tongue:

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Well, DMC plots have always been pretty barebones and generic. They understood they were making a game more for its action and its story, so, like a Hollywood action movie from the 80s, the story exists simply to tell a vague thread of events and get us to the next part with guns and explosions :tongue:

even said that way it still sounds fun:p

Top Bottom