• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I never was any good at chess

TheJokingDevil

doppleganger is okay if you have a friend over but it isnt really that great for the offensive.
Well, for me it's easy to imply on chess, that's what I use for the battle on my SS run, although I made some mistake in the run, normally by using DG, with 6 times beowulf full charge Straight, the king is dead

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
the king dies after two royal guard releases and a dte on the second one too.And rg doesn‘t drop your dt runes like Dg does. Also cerberus and nevan are super effective against the king too.

TheJokingDevil

the king dies after two royal guard releases and a dte on the second one too.And rg doesn‘t drop your dt runes like Dg does. Also cerberus and nevan are super effective against the king too.
For the chess fight, except you want to kill all chess, there's no need for saving the DT anyway :p; I didn't know that Cerberus and Nevan can be effective against the king, what I know is that only Beowulf can give more damage to the chess (own move damage x 105%) and by using A&R it causes less (damage x 95%) other weapons remain the same damage as usual

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
everyone has a different approach dude i only use royal guard or swordmaster myself nothing else as,i don‘t need to.Rg in the vergil 3rd fight on dmd makes it stupid easy. But as i said,we all fight differently.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
cerberus aerial jc through enemy step makes fighting the king and queen and other pieces a cake walk when combined with royal guard and either rebellion or nevan or beowolf.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Yous spiral cancel in him for an easy ss after being stylish in the leadup fights also at tbe start of mission 3 run back to the outside of DMC shop and build your style and orbs up.

seraphmaycry

Yous spiral cancel in him for an easy ss after being stylish in the leadup fights also at tbe start of mission 3 run back to the outside of DMC shop and build your style and orbs up.

so i can gather style and chess him by spamming the spiral?

but.... what about the timer?

or is that one of the things i rarely have to worry about?

cos i doubt spiral spamming will be a quick method.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I used Trickster. I kept the lock-on on the king and didn't let go, teleported to him and blasted out of there when he was going to blow. With that and some patience I got the bastard on my second try.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
you gun switch cancel with spiral , the animation for spiral firing means as you reload it stays in animation so by rapidly mashing fire while swapping guns means,endless fire. Stay in the bottom left corner of the room and cerberus cant hit you just avoid the ice spikes. do the gun switch cancel and it will keep building up to sss .

seraphmaycry

you gun switch cancel with spiral , the animation for spiral firing means as you reload it stays in animation so by rapidly mashing fire while swapping guns means,endless fire. Stay in the bottom left corner of the room and cerberus cant hit you just avoid the ice spikes. do the gun switch cancel and it will keep building up to sss .
ye, but it's slow and time consuming.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
not really dude spiral does good damage so,his health drops quick enough,but tis up to yourself how you wanna fight him to get an ss rank.

MKH Spartan

It's boring but effective, and kills him faster than you would think. I usually play Vergil though, and he doesn't have guns to cheese it like that lolol, but he has other ways to do it. With Vergil, I keep knocking his legs out which sort of loops him a bit like Geyron, except it's much more interesting lol.

seraphmaycry

It's boring but effective, and kills him faster than you would think. I usually play Vergil though, and he doesn't have guns to cheese it like that lolol, but he has other ways to do it. With Vergil, I keep knocking his legs out which sort of loops him a bit like Geyron, except it's much more interesting lol.

i tried the legs with Dante, didn't work for me, guess i just suck at fighting dogs.

seraphmaycry

i'm just going to do it the cheap way, then i can continue on my quest.

i almost ss'd vergil 2 yesterday and can ss the first fight of mission 13, so i have a new goal.

Top Bottom