• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I just need to clear this up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
i don't see how they could avoid including the main charicter's twin brother in an origin story. besides it doesn't matter what they do to Vergil in this game. it's definitly not part of the main cannon so even if they create a really crappy Vergil it won't affect the original Vergil. and personally i would rather have a crappy version of Vergil than no Vergil in a story that would not make sense without him.

i don't think Ninja Theory would be as careless with Vergil as they were with Dante. they don't need to make Vergil fit the new theme as mutch as Dante does and they really can't afford the same reaction from the fans a second time. besides Vergil is Dante's opposite. so DmC Vergil would likely represent everything DmC Dante is against. and since Ninja Theory seems to be against alot of the things Devil May Cry fans like DmC Vergil is likely to have alot of the traits fans want (it probably won't be intentional NT would probably just give Vergil traits that make him the opposite of what Ninja Theory want Dante to be which just happen to be traits alot of Devil May Cry fans like) they might even let Vergil keep his white hair to make it really obvious that he is different from Dante. of course DmC Vergil would still be different from the original Vergil but probably no where near as as different as DmC Dante is to the original Dante (except for the half-angel thing but they wouldn't have to emphasise that with DmC Vergil because he isn't the main charicter)

Asmodaius

If Vergil is going to be Dante's twin in this game as well, of course he wil resemble Dante. He might not look like Dante in style, but definately in appearance. Different hair and different clothes, yes, but their natural looks would remain the same.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Or seeing that this is a reboot/alternate universe whatever, Vergil may not even exist.

(That's just an idea, I can't be bothered to start an arguement/debate whatever. Its just something that occured to me whilst suffering from insomnia.)

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
i don't see how they could avoid including the main charicter's twin brother in an origin story. besides it doesn't matter what they do to Vergil in this game. it's definitly not part of the main cannon so even if they create a really crappy Vergil it won't affect the original Vergil. and personally i would rather have a crappy version of Vergil than no Vergil in a story that would not make sense without him.

They aren't really obliged to add him in. It seems Capcom have left him out of the story for a very long time, and had no intention of bringing him back (At least not in a justified way). I can't see Ninja Theory risking it and annoying more fans. Even if they did go ahead and bring Vergil back, where exactly does it say this isn't canon? I'm just curious.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
again, there is no proof that he never had any angel in him whatsoever...we just know what we've been told...at any time, capcom can turn around and say something like, "you've been shown an illusion" or "He hides his angelic side" or even "it was something that wasn't mentioned in the legend of Sparda because it was a controversial issue that the other angels 'covered up'". Besides, him having an angelic form does NOT mean he is half angel....I listened to the interview and Tameem said angelic form..not half angel

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
^pretty much only said he had an angel form..that's what i've seen in every interview...a second hand source who was extremely biased said half angel...yet in every direct interview i've seen, they say angel form...for all we know it's just powers bestowed upon him....as for vergil (to stay on topic), i REALLY hope to see him in the game...i would love for this to become a series and eventually see Nero in it

Lady78

I can't really see how this works, if NT keeps Dante's origin as half human/half devil then there is no reason for him to be using angelic power! I mean where would he get this angel form from?!

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
DmC Dante has been established as younger than the orginal Dante so if they were the same than everything that will happen to DmC Dante would have already happened to the original Dante. including random unexplaned angelic power.(or more likely angelic blood. Ninja Theory is good at stories so we can trust that they will make a story that makes sense if treated as seperate from the orginal Devil May Cry games and giving a half demon with no angelic blood angelic power would not make sense.) and since DmC Dante learns to use his angelic power the original Dante would have and use the same power if they were the same Dante. the original Dante has absolutly no angelic power from any source so he is not the same as DmC Dante.

and i will continue to refer to DmC Dante as half-angel until someone can provide proof that Ninja Theory is going to use something compleatly random instead of the obvious explanation.

oh and does anyone have anything else to say about Vergil coming back (the actual topic of this thread)

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
DmC Dante has been established as younger than the orginal Dante so if they were the same than everything that will happen to DmC Dante would have already happened to the original Dante. including random unexplaned angelic power.(or more likely angelic blood. Ninja Theory is good at stories so we can trust that they will make a story that makes sense if treated as seperate from the orginal Devil May Cry games and giving a half demon with no angelic blood angelic power would not make sense.) and since DmC Dante learns to use his angelic power the original Dante would have and use the same power if they were the same Dante. the original Dante has absolutly no angelic power from any source so he is not the same as DmC Dante.

and i will continue to refer to DmC Dante as half-angel until someone can provide proof that Ninja Theory is going to use something compleatly random instead of the obvious explanation.

oh and does anyone have anything else to say about Vergil coming back (the actual topic of this thread)
You forget any of the God of War games...just because a character has powers in one game does not mean they automatically carry over. He could have lost his angelic powers. The proof is in all of the NT interviews, where they clearly say angelic form, not power. It could be something of similar to a Devil Arm. They are using it in the game because it makes for interesting gameplay. That's what everyone's complaining about, isn't it? "Oh NT sucks at gameplay" so here they are trying to make some great possibilities in gameplay, and yet, more complaining just because some people misunderstand that fighting form and genetics are not connected. Especially since it's a game of fiction in which he can get those powers from literally ANYWHERE!

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
this is a vergil thread... why does dante have to be brought into it?

It was stated in the old games that Dante's mother was half human, therefore Dante is half-human... not half-friggin angel. They want to change it, kudos for them.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
it is a vergil thread and dante is vergil's twin....doesn't mean they have the same powers though...i hope he's in because he would be a badass....but just because he's half human doesn't mean he can't have angel powers. you people are taking things WAY too literally..it's fiction...he can literally walk into a puddle and get angel powers because all of a sudden it's a "HOLY puddle" or some crap like that..angel FORM does not necessarily mean angel GENETICS

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Eh, i wouldnt mind if he was in the game just like i dont mind if other chracters were in the game even if they are different since im interested in seeing what they come up with. plus i think they ve gone past being risky since what they did with dante's look.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
back to the topic.
I think they should include vergil and i think his personality would be pretty smug and arrogant, quite possibly the same as DmC dante. And maybe there could be an misunderstanding somewhere to where Dante doesnt want to follow the path of his brother and that would result in a personality change. Also maybe Dante's angel form is lost and his hair turns white permanent!

New Dante surely doesn't look like he is half angel...is it just me or?
(hint: look at my avatar and think about it)
And Vergil's appearance is really optional...it could bring up the story or nail it down, it all depends on the NT's ability to make good story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom