• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I just need to clear this up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
In religious terms, the angel Lucifer opposed God and was banished from Heaven as a consequence. This act classed him as a fallen angel, an angel that fell from grace. However, just because Lucifer was a fallen angel does not mean demons are also, as that would propose that all those who are demons were once angels in Heaven.
LOD havent heard frm u in a while great to see ya.yeah i knew i might be wrong but i posted anyway

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
It depends on whether or not the angel aspects from the fallen angel gets past down to their offsprings or how many demon generations removed are they?

Cause sparda could have a fallen angel for a grandpa which makes Dante 1/32th part angel. But that would require us knowing how
demons are created etc which is a bit of a quagmire.

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
It depends on whether or not the angel aspects from the fallen angel gets past down to their offsprings or how many demon generations removed are they?

Cause sparda could have a fallen angel for a grandpa which makes Dante 1/32th part angel. But that would require us knowing how
demons are created etc which is a bit of a quagmire.
so is it possible?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
You can't take religion in to full account when trying to justify something in Devil May Cry, because they tweak so much stuff.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
the DMC3 manga says that in Devil May Cry the demon world existed before the human world. and it also says that the human world is the demon world's opposite meaning in Devil May Cry there is no heaven (or there is a heaven that is not involved in the confict between demons and humans). so the idea of all demons as fallen angels does not work in Devil May Cry.(it wouldn't really fit Devil May Cry even if you ignore the manga)

i doubt anybody at Ninja Theory is even aware that there is a DMC3 manga so DmC could have all demons as fallen angels but i don't think they will (it doesn't seem like it would make sense in DmC anymore than it would in Devil May Cry ). i wouldn't be surprised if a few fallen angels showed up but there probably won't be alot of them unless one of the lesser demons is a fallen angel.

Eric

Great Demon King of Evil
In religious terms, the angel Lucifer opposed God and was banished from Heaven as a consequence. This act classed him as a fallen angel, an angel that fell from grace. However, just because Lucifer was a fallen angel does not mean demons are also, as that would propose that all those who are demons were once angels in Heaven.
Some demons however were angels that followed Lucifer. Just wanted to point that out.

Asmodaius

Devil May Cry have never and never will follow any religion to the point. Capcom grab stuff they find cool from religions and mythologies, and then makes it their own by turning and twisting it to make it fit into the world of DMC. So it doesn't matter what any religion has to say about anything when it comes to DMC.

An example is that DMC uses names from the epic, Dante's Inferno...
Dante Alghieri wasn't a half-demon demon hunter.
Beatrice (Trish) wasn't a demonic construction to look like Dante's mother.
Vergil wasn't Dante's twin brother.
Lucia wasn't a ninja chick demon clone.

And for other religious and mythological examples...
The Grim Reaper and the Seven Sins weren't guardians of some tower which held the gateway to the demon realm (though Cerberus was indeed the guardian of Hades in Greek Mythology).
Bael wasn't some frog, nor was Dagon.
Beowulf wasn't some lightning demon.
Bolverk wasn't even a demon - he is an alternate name for Odin, the all-father of Valhalla in Asgard.

And I could go on... So however angels will appear to be like in DMC is only inspired from how angels appear to be in various religions and mythologies, but they will probably be changed to fit into the world of DMC. Just like the angel antagonists in Bayonetta were changed to fit into the world of that game.

We can only wonder how they will be like and how it will fit with Dante being half-angel.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Bolverk wasn't even a demon - he is an alternate name for Odin, the all-father of Valhalla in Asgard.

No WONDER he always gave me a distinct Norse/Viking vibe! o_O

And yeah, DMC doesn't follow religion to a tee. Though the "Heaven doesn't exist" theory gets a hole poked in it when you look at The Fallen demons from DMC3. They're angels that fell from grace.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
the DMC3 manga says that in Devil May Cry the demon world existed before the human world. and it also says that the human world is the demon world's opposite meaning in Devil May Cry there is no heaven (or there is a heaven that is not involved in the confict between demons and humans). so the idea of all demons as fallen angels does not work in Devil May Cry.(it wouldn't really fit Devil May Cry even if you ignore the manga)

i doubt anybody at Ninja Theory is even aware that there is a DMC3 manga so DmC could have all demons as fallen angels but i don't think they will (it doesn't seem like it would make sense in DmC anymore than it would in Devil May Cry ). i wouldn't be surprised if a few fallen angels showed up but there probably won't be alot of them unless one of the lesser demons is a fallen angel.

I dont think its that hard to find out that there is a manga since you could just wiki it.
that could easily be disproven in the canon since that story could be false plus angels were not really established in the old canon so it could go either way.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I dont think its that hard to find out that there is a manga since you could just wiki it.
that could easily be disproven in the canon since that story could be false plus angels were not really established in the old canon so it could go either way.
Angels may not have been properly established but there are tons of angel references through out the whole DMC series

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
@Z218: i was exaggerating a bit. someone at ninja theory is probably aware of the manga but i don't think they would care enough to read it.

@Storm Silves: capcom has said that the DMC3 manga is canon. the manga does not say that there is no heaven but it is implied by the fact that the human world is said to be the opposite of the demon world. the idea of an uninvolved heaven would also fit but doesn't seem likely to be used (most people would be uncomfortable with the idea of angels just sitting there and watching while demons attack the human world).

Ninja Theory will probably have demons and angels as enemies with humans caught in the crossfire (like 99% of things with both angels and demons).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom