• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I don't know why people are so upset that Dante swears in this....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
Anyways, dubs are crap. They butcher any of the original dialog and add in "f@ck" and other 'cool kid' curse words that weren't there to fill the gaps when translating over to English so that it sounds smoother. Only that it doesn't, it sounds like sh1t dialog made by a four year old much like a certain games dialog we all know and loath.

Excluding the few of you who want Donte d1ck.

(Lol rebel my ass. He sounds like an angsty tweeny hipster douche bag half the time.)
tumblr_llgaeahjah1qiyqyfo1_500_zpse98f860f.gif

s8ntmark

Anyways, dubs are crap. They butcher any of the original dialog and add in "f@ck" and other 'cool kid' curse words that weren't there to fill the gaps when translating over to English so that it sounds smoother. Only that it doesn't, it sounds like sh1t dialog made by a four year old much like a certain games dialog we all know and loath.

(Lol rebel my ass. He sounds like an angsty tweeny hipster douche bag half the time.)

Well, there is the Japanese way of saying things, and the English way of saying things (obviously). When you try to say stuff in English the way its said in Japanese, it sounds weird. See many instances in the DMC games for examples. i image that making a dub sound natural is the first priorty of the translators.

AlchemistFromEden

"excluding a few of you who want dante d1ck"
and you sir have been reported

tokyobarnrat

starships were meant to fly

lol you say this and I had to put on my hipster filter to read your post
so edgy with your comments and your obv. pro weaboo siding.
like seriously learn japanese and play the games in japanese if you have such a problem with the dubs and don't complain like a child

wait a minute...there seems to be something wrong with this picture.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
You're going to judge my masterpiece on some ****ty English dubbed translations? ~pomf~ =3
Honestly if you're going to make a bunk thread based off of completely separate English translations then you should expect to get trolled.
It's usually more subtle if you don't make two accounts and one of those has the sole purpose of trolling...

Second account banned and this is your second warning in addition to Dark Drakan's. Most people like to wait a few days before they are one strike away from being booted completely, so you might want to pace yourself a little there.

FuN Batman

I'm honestly disappointed in more than a few members on this site over this nonsense but lets clear some things up first off. In case any of you didn't notice, my remark about Dante d1ick was a subtle joke in response to ZeroLove's comment.

I wouldn't mind getting a little bit of Dante inside of me... if ya know what I mean. *wink wink, nudge nudge* ;P
This was in no way an insult towards you ZeroLove, just friendly banter. (Mind you this whole post isn't directed at you either, I just want to clear some things up and respond to a few others.)

I understand the context of my writing gives you all a belligerent hard on but I've never directly insulted anyone. I'm perfectly fine though if anyone wants to open up a hypocrisy debate about proper use of language on a forum, whose related game is filled with F-bombs and curse words including "D1ck".

If anything, I wouldn't mind accepting a strike for subverting the censors by using a 1 in place of an i.

79a.gif

I'll just say Penis from now on like a proper Sir.

It's usually more subtle if you don't make two accounts and one of those has the sole purpose of trolling...

Second account banned and this is your second warning in addition to Dark Drakan's. Most people like to wait a few days before they are one strike away from being booted completely, so you might want to pace yourself a little there.
This has been resolved as Angel will contest to I hope. I never had two accounts, and I honestly don't see the problem as it was a one time thing between myself and a friend. So far the impression I have of the people on this site (not as a whole but a large number of people) is that of a bunch of elitist ball sniffers who can't tolerate a differing opinion from their own.

Prove me wrong, by all means.

(Luckily Angel is of the understanding and intelligent sort and it certainly is hard to find decent admunds imo.)

watch the dub on hulu, he cursed almost as frequently
You still have yet to address the fact that the dubs have nothing to do with the original translations. Almost ALL dubs change the original script and as a result are very bad. (Excluding some high end projects like DBZ/Cowboy Bebop and a few others.) It's a fact that I can prove quite easily.

Dante cursing in the English DMC Anime is not considered canon, the same way English translations on manga wouldn't be. Much like the many debates people have over what is canon on DBZ, most of the time in regards to their accuracy however. I know we're not fact checking for accuracy in regards to certain statements in this case, but my whole point is that the English translations and Script were changed by the English staff.

Japanese
Script Staff:
Bingo Morihashi(eps 3-4, 11-12)
Ichiro Sakaki(ep 6)
Shôtarô Suga(eps 2, 5, 8, 10)
Toshiki Inoue(eps 1, 7, 9)
English
Subtitle Script & Timing: Neal Barnes
Translation Proofer:
Brendan Frayne (eps 10-12)
Sarah Alys Lindholm (eps 1-9)

"excluding a few of you who want dante d1ck"

and you sir have been reported
3pteg0.jpg

you-have-a-valid-different-opinion-heres-how-stupid-you-are.jpg

Well, there is the Japanese way of saying things, and the English way of saying things (obviously). When you try to say stuff in English the way its said in Japanese, it sounds weird. See many instances in the DMC games for examples. i image that making a dub sound natural is the first priorty of the translators.
FINALLY someone understands. Thank you. You've won a cookie!

There is no need for the personal insults, so take this as a verbal warning.
You_Don't_Say.jpg

Your warning goes unheard but you can rest assured that I'm dropping this subject as of after this post. Did I direct this towards anyone? It wasn't a personal insult then. Do you want Dante's d1ck?

As another member with a sense of humor said,
You make it sound like wanting Dante d1ck is a bad thing....:ermm::lol::troll:

It wasn't a joke in response towards you, so lighten up. I don't like insulting people, (I certainly don't belligerently insult anyone, and if I am even rude, it's not without reason.) I speak with cold hard evidence and thoughtful dialog based on experience and corresponding reasonable logic.

(Edit: For all the people crying about my George Carlin picture, I'll add another in it's place. So sorry to have hurt your eyes with one of the greatest thinkers of our time. I guess some peoples sheltered educated minds(or probably lack there of) couldn't handle it. For those of you who aren't afraid of naughty pictures of men pointing their fingers and saying naughty words, you can find the original image here. Boo hoo )

3b8ed512377cd0dd4b66910afd1ccbbbe5baf3bc.png

I just have a low tolerance level for stupid bullshit.

AlchemistFromEden

I'm honestly disappointed in more than a few members on this site over this nonsense but lets clear some thing sup first off. In case any of you didn't notice, my remark about Dante d1ick was a subtle joke in response to ZeroLove's comment.

This was in no way an insult towards you ZeroLove, just friendly banter. (Mind you this whole post isn't directed at you either, I just want to clear some things up and respond to a few others.)

I understand the context of my writing gives you all a belligerent hard on but I've never directly insulted anyone. I'm perfectly fine though if anyone wants to open up a hypocrisy debate about proper use of language on a forum, whose related game is filled with F-bombs and curse words including "D1ck". If anything, I wouldn't mind accepting a strike for subverting the censors by using a 1 in place of an i.

79a.gif

I'll just say Penis from now on like a proper Sir.

This has been resolved as Angel will contest to I hope. I never had two accounts, and I honestly don't see the problem as it was a one time thing between myself and a friend. So far the impression I have of the people on this site (not as a whole but a large number of people) is that of a bunch of elitist ball sniffers who can't tolerate a differing opinion from their own.

Prove me wrong, by all means.

(Luckily Angel is of the understanding and intelligent sort and it certainly is hard to find decent admunds imo.)

You still have yet to address the fact that the dubs have nothing to do with the original translations. Almost ALL dubs change the original script and as a result are very bad. (Excluding some high end projects like DBZ/Cowboy Bebop and a few others.) It's a fact that I can prove quite easily.

Dante cursing in the English DMC Anime is not considered canon, the same way English translations on manga wouldn't be. Much like the many debates people have over what is canon on DBZ, most of the time in regards to their accuracy however. I know we're not fact checking for accuracy in regards to certain statements in this case, but my whole point is that the English translations and Script were changed by the English staff.

Japanese
Script Staff:
Bingo Morihashi(eps 3-4, 11-12)
Ichiro Sakaki(ep 6)
Shôtarô Suga(eps 2, 5, 8, 10)
Toshiki Inoue(eps 1, 7, 9)
English
Subtitle Script & Timing: Neal Barnes
Translation Proofer:
Brendan Frayne (eps 10-12)
Sarah Alys Lindholm (eps 1-9)

3pteg0.jpg

you-have-a-valid-different-opinion-heres-how-stupid-you-are.jpg

FINALLY someone understands. Thank you. You've won a cookie!

You_Don't_Say.jpg

Your warning goes unheard but you can rest assured that I'm dropping this subject as of after this post. Did I direct this towards anyone? It wasn't a personal insult then. Do you want Dante's d1ck?

As another member with a sense of humor said,

It wasn't a joke in response towards you, so lighten up. I don't like insulting people, (I certainly don't belligerently insult anyone, and if I am even rude, it's not without reason.) I speak with cold hard evidence and thoughtful dialog based on experience and corresponding reasonable logic.

STFU.jpg

I just have a low tolerance level for stupid bullshit.
i would say it was nice knowing you, but then again, it very much wasn't, REPORTED

FuN Batman

i would say it was nice knowing you, but then again, it very much wasn't, REPORTED

1ad.png

Lol You can't even offer a rebuttal.

First off, you cannot even imagine the immensity of all the F#$ks I do not give.

Secondly, I did nothing to warrant a report. (Or was it my memes that bent you out of shape?)

Lastly, respond to my reply directed at you instead of hiding behind your fake accusations, or just don't reply to me at all.

(Trust me, we'll be a lot better off if you just keep your cowardly remarks to yourself. REPORTED HERP! jk jk)

AlchemistFromEden

1ad.png

First off, you cannot even imagine the immensity of all the F#$ks I do not give.

Secondly, I did nothing to warrant a report, or was it my memes that bent you out of shape? Sounds like a personal problem.

Lastly, respond to my reply directed at you instead of hiding behind your fake accusations, or just don't reply to me at all.

(Trust me, we'll be a lot better off if you just keep your cowardly remarks to yourself. REPORTED HERP! jk jk)
this is a discussion forum, using memes like "shut the **** up" or "starting to give a ****" as well as calling members of the forum "elitist balls sniffers" not only makes your opinion not even worth much, but it honestly makes you seem really childish, this isn't neogaf, 4chan, or gamespot

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
Secondly, I did nothing to warrant a report.

http://devilmaycry.org/community/threads/rules-and-whatnot.3211/

Rules, we have them. Learn them, abide them,love them.
  • All posts must be made in English or include an English translation.
  • No trolling, harassing or insulting others, or otherwise behaving like a knob head.
  • Double-posting or reviving 'dead' topics is only allowed under very specific conditions. Use common sense to determine whether or not you have a legitimate reason to engage in either.
  • Refrain from excessive cursing and don't try and get around the swear filter.
  • Discussion of illegal activities such as file sharing, software and media piracy and intellectual property violations are a big no-no. This includes the sharing and exchanging of 'CD keys', 'cracks' and the like.
  • Do not post links to questionable websites - use common sense as to determine what we might consider inappropriate. Hint: If it contains anything to do with warez, pr0n, or anything offensive to our delicate senses, keep it to yourself.
Thanks,
The Staff

Bye.

FuN Batman

I didn't "get around the swear filter." I addressed that fact and said I would use the word "Penis" from now on.

I also was not harassing anyone.

The rules say nothing about memes or pictures. George Carlin is well known for his quote about intolerance of bullshit, which was the purpose for posting his face there. It was a joke and nothing more.

"Don't say the F word on a forum about a game that constantly drops F bombs!" I feel like I'm in kindergarten for hypocrites.

this is a discussion forum, using memes like "shut the **** up" or "starting to give a ****" as well as calling members of the forum "elitist balls sniffers" not only makes your opinion not even worth much, but it honestly makes you seem really childish, this isn't neogaf, 4chan, or gamespot
Oh man! You just said a bad word! Reported!

As for the elitist ball sniffer remark? I never directly called anyone a elitist ball sniffer. If I want to direct a complaint to vaguely mentioned people, I don't think that is considered an insult. As for it being a naughty bad boy word that hurt your precious eyes? It wasn't censored so I see no problem. I could have just as easily been talking about basketballs. I'd appreciate it if you stopped reading into my comments so heavily and making false accusations.

Honestly I don't see why you're so surprised. I was attacked the moment I posted on this site and only returned fire with passive aggressive comments. I never insulted anyone, nor belligerently harassed anyone. Instead of being given a simple, "Hey, please don't do that." I was subjected to a witch hunt by pseudo intellectual rule sniffers before I even had a chance to correct myself.

Alchy, you're truly a jerk. That's a fact. I'm more than happy to say much much more, but I'm not willing to stoop down to that level to insult someone who isn't worthy my time.

Black Manic TH

WTF is that BEHIND YOU?
1ad.png

Secondly, I did nothing to warrant a report. (Or was it my memes that bent you out of shape?)

This guy is funny i like him, he makes my day. Try to not ban him too soon okay staff? :3
Cause i love to laugh at him.

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
the swearing can be hit or miss for me
example of when i thought it was bad: conversation with poison
Example of when i thought it good: I am Mundus!! You're an a-hole

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom