• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How to deal with multiple hell vanguards?

AlastorSword

“Must not sleep... must warn others."
i royalguard everything then release and use beowolf jc mixed with cerberus aerial jc or else rebellion aerial rave jc with cerberus and it wrecks em all with no damage taken , pity vergil doesnt have rg but trick ups invincibility frames and killer bee jcnd helm splitter jc and aerial rave jc with spiral swords make up for it
This except I use Agni and Rudra more than cerberus. I'll try that out next time though.

seraphmaycry

I don't really know that specifics, i believe that all triggers gives you the same ammount of def. But seeing that Beowulfs "element" have advantage against Vanguards, it's not impossible that this could be real too. If you find the answer to this, please post here on this topic! I've never really dived into this kind of "advantage". But as damage goes, Beowulf is your best bet damaging Vanguards, killer bee JCs are insanely good against them.

i think every weapon has some sort of dt stat advantage from an unreliable memory it went

rebellion- increased regen(Probably wrong, not noticing it much)

beowulf-increased def( from fighting jester this would seem true enough, no proper checks done)

agni and rudra- elemental damage tables value increased, so enemies are weaker when they ar weaker and stronger when they are strong,or something (not known wether true)

nevan- no idea, maybe air raid? though that seems more like a skill then a buff

cerberus- definite speed boost

ok now i've definetly gotta try it again

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Agni and Rudra and rebellion makes for a infinite combo of slashing if done correctly very unfair lol but boewulf does the most damage but i perfer vergil using beowulf to dante i think his attacks offer more damage per second then dante

kelvin

pretty much the title, i can never win when there's more then (especially on higher diffuclties) because they dont stop attacking, near the end of bloody palace they bring out true evil with some stupidly high number.

are there any easy ways to deal with them? is it even possible to get an opening!?

yer there is all you have to do is hit and run it takes time but they do die its the last round you have to worrie about

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
yer there is all you have to do is hit and run it takes time but they do die its the last round you have to worrie about

i usually wait untill they all or most of them stop and do that scream while spinning there scythe then i use beowulf on as many as i can while spamming summoned swords(i main with vergil) and i wait for them to stop again and then use yamato and beowulf together and yah lots of darkslyaer trick ups and trick downs and lots of shifting behind them lol def easier to handle them with vergil as i fvind his beowulf does more damage persecond however dante with trickster and beowulf should do it too

seraphmaycry

uh, im scared of what i''m going to get as a respone, but what's in the last rounf? infinite vanguards? every boss? could a xbox/playstation even handle that? some kind of super boss? triple vergies? hundreds of agnis and rudras all destroying me with off screen attacks? thousands and thousand of those stupid bloodgoyles or annoying blue wisp thingies? millions of spiders? i really dont htink im going to like the result(and i know how to fight bloodgoyles, still stupid to fight)

kelvin

uh, im scared of what i''m going to get as a respone, but what's in the last rounf? infinite vanguards? every boss? could a xbox/playstation even handle that? some kind of super boss? triple vergies? hundreds of agnis and rudras all destroying me with off screen attacks? thousands and thousand of those stupid bloodgoyles or annoying blue wisp thingies? millions of spiders? i really dont htink im going to like the result(and i know how to fight bloodgoyles, still stupid to fight)

just let me put it this way u will have ur hands full even more than before

MKH Spartan

i thought he ws on about the new dmC bloody palace but i think hes on about another one from a differnt devil may cry
We are in the DMC3 forum dude, and there is no such thing as a Hell Vanguard in DmC anyway lol.

Also, DmC Bloody Palace is far easier than DMC3 Bloody Palace in my opinion lol.
Whats the last round?
Just a fight against Vergil version 3 (which is fun) but he does like normal difficulty damage, if you can beat the rounds of perma dted enemies before him, you can EASILY beat his ass into the ground. Now if he did DMD damage that could be a different story, but he doesn't, he hits peanuts so yea.... nice and easy battle to finish Bloody palace.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
We are in the DMC3 forum dude, and there is no such thing as a Hell Vanguard in DmC anyway lol.

Also, DmC Bloody Palace is far easier than DMC3 Bloody Palace in my opinion lol.

Just a fight against Vergil version 3 (which is fun) but he does like normal difficulty damage, if you can beat the rounds of perma dted enemies before him, you can EASILY beat his ass into the ground. Now if he did DMD damage that could be a different story, but he doesn't, he hits peanuts so yea.... nice and easy battle to finish Bloody palace.

awww thats so anti climactic

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman

thats so anti climactic lol but meh cant really complain

MKH Spartan

It's fine that he's Version 3 Vergil, it's kinda gay that he doesn't do DMD damage, or at least Very Hard damage, he just does about normal difficulty damage which is like hey, free win.

seraphmaycry

It's fine that he's Version 3 Vergil, it's kinda gay that he doesn't do DMD damage, or at least Very Hard damage, he just does about normal difficulty damage which is like hey, free win.
after t all the work you had to do just to get to him i'd be releived, though it seems like having on fight you on nomral mode after you beating whatver DTd stufff before that would be like saying "look how far you've come!" as you find him laughably easy

also, i can't beat those damned casket thingies on mission 7 (i gave up on angi and rudra and jjust used a vital star)

MKH Spartan

after t all the work you had to do just to get to him i'd be releived, though it seems like having on fight you on nomral mode after you beating whatver DTd stufff before that would be like saying "look how far you've come!" as you find him laughably easy
Pretty much.
also, i can't beat those damned casket thingies on mission 7 (i gave up on angi and rudra and jjust used a vital star)
Items exist? This is news.

Hahaha lol, anyway, just get them both to half hp then DTE them, nice and easy. Beowulf JC is good for getting them that low quickly if you are in a rush.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Pretty much.

Items exist? This is news.

Hahaha lol, anyway, just get them both to half hp then DTE them, nice and easy. Beowulf JC is good for getting them that low quickly if you are in a rush.

lol i know right i havent used items in months lol and agni and rudra are easy so long as your smart about your movements and attacks you have to weaken them both equally to allow you to kill them without the one going awol on you and those casket things are easier with vergil then dante as they dont move very much and demension slash is very much mobile lol

Nelo The Great

The trick with agni and rudra is to get them both down to very low health before you kill one of them, because then it's less of a hassle to kill the other one. you can kill them both before the last one powers up

seraphmaycry

:devil::devil:
The trick with agni and rudra is to get them both down to very low health before you kill one of them, because then it's less of a hassle to kill the other one. you can kill them both before the last one powers up

i already knew that, i always get killed when they get on low health, maybes it's physcoligcal( in which case health bars should be invisible) or maybe it's just my dodging skills cant hold out long enough in a battle where 4 hits brings my heallth to nothing and i get attacked of screen :devil::devil:

and thanks MKH, gonna definantyl try this out very soon (been putting off vanguards because of how long it takes to get them and how i dont get a freaking break, if i want to stop and do something else for a bit i'd have to eject teh dmc disk, which means i'd obviously lose my progress, i can't even just walk out of the room because i'd likely forget and have my xbox turn itself off, technology always does something wrong when it tries its hardest to do something right.)

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
I cant wait to get back to dmc3 as vergil and to finally be able to do a dmc3 bloody palace run:) i miss darkslayer style:(

Top Bottom