• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How to deal with multiple hell vanguards?

MKH Spartan

Personally i hate the hell vanguards lol annoying screaming cheap bastards
Lol, if it's a 1 on 1 battle, they are easy as pie.

Mmmm, pie...

1467236_10151989643933810_1337604814_n_zps42759903.jpg

MKH Spartan

APPLE PIE!!!!!!! and yah one on one there easy but there still annoying
Mission 11, the room where Vergil stabbed Arkham, that Hell vanguard + his buddies can die in a hole for all eternity, on DMD/VMD it's so damn hard to no damage.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Mission 11, the room where Vergil stabbed Arkham, that Hell vanguard + his buddies can die in a hole for all eternity, on DMD/VMD it's so damn hard to no damage.

lol yah i hate that room two Agni and Rudra are my heros in that room i honestly kill off most of the smaller enemies and just let the vanguard fly around the room when it stops i take out beowulf and go to town rinse and repeat

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
i royalguard everything then release and use beowolf jc mixed with cerberus aerial jc or else rebellion aerial rave jc with cerberus and it wrecks em all with no damage taken , pity vergil doesnt have rg but trick ups invincibility frames and killer bee jcnd helm splitter jc and aerial rave jc with spiral swords make up for it

Last edited:

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
i royalguard everything then release and use beowolf jc and it wrecks em all no damage taken , pity vergil doesnt have rg but trick ups invincibility frames and killer bee jcnd helm splitter jc and aerial rave jc with spiral swords make up for it

we get it oshea your a god of dmc gameplay lol:p we bow down lol

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
i was only saying what i do no need to be sarcastic nd make fun i won't say nothing from now on

Dude..i was joking? i wasnt being sarcastic i respect your skills and have learned a lot from you since being on the forum i in no way meant any disrespect?

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
i like to play games with music on, which turns the fight into pure evil constructed from the depths of hell, keeping them both on screen at once is ridiculously hard, thankfully i won't have to go through them again, as i can easily skip them if i intend to do a no-damage run or something with a extra challenge, and certianly won't need them to for training advanced techniques, actually, how are the bosses on DMD mode anyway? i never have an issue with vergil now that i have the ability to spam trickster style but havn't tried him on DMD yet, have any of the ones i never considered an issue gotten a serious power bonus? i feel i may need strategies for arhkam as that guy is so annoying i always use items to heal and don't bother fighting him, and the patience nevan is going to require is most likely beyond insane.

All Vergil's incarnations until 3 in DMD are easy. In DMD, however, i think he's the most challenging boss in the game simply because he forces you to take an offensive approach most of the time because of the healing factor. You don't want him to heal all that health when he goes berserk with his helm breakers or get offscreen to use that million judgment cuts. I use royalguard the most, so i always can net some damage while he's going berserk with his helm breakers, it's no too hard to just-release his helm breakers, and if you have some rage stocked you'll probably knock him out from the DT-mode in the blink of an eye.

As for your first question: it's really hard to deal with more than 2 Vanguard at the same time, the audio cues starts more to confuse than to help sometimes; so as people already said, abuse i-frames and dirty things like roll-cancel (with RG) sometime after you hear the bells, try to time it, but don't stress too much on it; instead of using DTEs or using your DT offensively, you can try to use it just to take less damage from their attacks too.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
From what you have told me your a royal guard and jc god at dmc and DmC and thats to be respected and awed lol i dont have the skills to do either of those so i was merely saying we all know how great you are and how easy you make those rooms look

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
it came off like you think i had a huge ego but i dont and i am not a god just a highly skilled jc'r and royal guarder and veteran from practice there are loads as skilled and more skilled but nevermind me got worries on my mind sorry for the outburst

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
it came off like you think i had a huge ego but i dont and i am not a god just a highly skilled jc'r and royal guarder and veteran from practice there are loads as skilled and more skilled but nevermind me got worries on my mind sorry for the outburst

im sorry if it came off that way i really am i didnt mean it that way at all and we know you dont have a huge ego **** youve put up with how many questions and enquires from me? and how many times have i come for you for advice on gameplay and youve been nothing but helpful? Your more then skilled to be able to pull off what you can do you can royalguard the saviours super blast that takes skill lol and its no big im just sorry that you thought id be rude like that whats got you worried?

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
my fiancee is having complications with the pregnancy which during birth could put her and the baby in danger and i can't holp so i am frustrated and stressed sorry i snapped i am tired and quick tempered aththe moment

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
my fiancee is having complications with the pregnancy which during birth could put her and the baby in danger and i can't holp so i am frustrated and stressed sorry i snapped i am tired and quick tempered aththe moment

i completely understand dont even worry about again i hope everything turns out alright im sure it will stay positive okay

seraphmaycry

All Vergil's incarnations until 3 in DMD are easy. In DMD, however, i think he's the most challenging boss in the game simply because he forces you to take an offensive approach most of the time because of the healing factor. You don't want him to heal all that health when he goes berserk with his helm breakers or get offscreen to use that million judgment cuts. I use royalguard the most, so i always can net some damage while he's going berserk with his helm breakers, it's no too hard to just-release his helm breakers, and if you have some rage stocked you'll probably knock him out from the DT-mode in the blink of an eye.

As for your first question: it's really hard to deal with more than 2 Vanguard at the same time, the audio cues starts more to confuse than to help sometimes; so as people already said, abuse i-frames and dirty things like roll-cancel (with RG) sometime after you hear the bells, try to time it, but don't stress too much on it; instead of using DTEs or using your DT offensively, you can try to use it just to take less damage from their attacks too.

so far i find veril 2 to be hardest, as vergil 1 is so easy to dodge and vergil 3 isn't that bad in DT as i can get in a few well timed stingers, mix that with ebony and ivory plus trickster and i can get him out of DT quickly and safely, at least, that's how it goes on very hard mode.

might try the defensvie triggering, beowulfs the one that gives the most def right?

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Vergil 3 is very hard on DMD, mainly because of the insane health regen.

I know right his health just zooms back up and it sucks when im dodging and i know attacking would be dumb and i see his health flying back up lol its like dammit i just got that **** down to where i needed it to be

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
so far i find veril 2 to be hardest, as vergil 1 is so easy to dodge and vergil 3 isn't that bad in DT as i can get in a few well timed stingers, mix that with ebony and ivory plus trickster and i can get him out of DT quickly and safely, at least, that's how it goes on very hard mode.

might try the defensvie triggering, beowulfs the one that gives the most def right?

I don't really know that specifics, i believe that all triggers gives you the same ammount of def. But seeing that Beowulfs "element" have advantage against Vanguards, it's not impossible that this could be real too. If you find the answer to this, please post here on this topic! I've never really dived into this kind of "advantage". But as damage goes, Beowulf is your best bet damaging Vanguards, killer bee JCs are insanely good against them.

Top Bottom