• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

how i feel towards DMC4 Special Edition

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Exactly and when I first played it was on stupid automatic mode which I hate even more on se as it does everything for you, so absolitude turn off automatic in settings and you will see the difference , with auto off the controls respond to inputs rather than doing stuff for you that you didn't want it ti

plus if you jc then automatic wrecks the flow of it wish it had never been in any DMC game

Moondivider

www.tablehopper.deviantart.com
Premium
Btw, guys, did you have to choose between original and new settings when first playing se?

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I didn't on xb1 I don't think, but then again I just went straight in and played ignoring everything til I got to play while it installed and I think I may have skipped a screen with that on it bur I can't remember

Moondivider

Premium
I didn't on xb1 I don't think, but then again I just went straight in and played ignoring everything til I got to play while it installed and I think I may have skipped a screen with that on it bur I can't remember

I see. Because the thing is, I've been hearing about this "new balanced mode for beginners" but I didn't get to choose anything and I swear it plays just the same as vanilla for me in every regard. Only differences I've noticed is that now all characters can send Agnus' demon swords flying and boss Dantes combos are expanded and some bosses and enemies spam moves. Thats It.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I think that option was on pc and I feel it is the same as vanilla pc version but faster and better than on ps3/360 of course , however it plays the exact same just without the buffering lag on moves being as delayed

Moondivider

Premium
Well, that's what I've been saying. That everythings pretty much the same. Maybe people saying it's "watered down" accidentaly got on the new beginner mode? Btw, Shea, you make videos? Would love to see some combos from the forum veteran! :)

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I have a good couple of game dvr's I have yet to upload , I don't get much time to be active on youtube due to work but il pm you a vid or two some time man when I get around to uploading them and I dunno about the forum veteran thing lol I am just in the know from many years of punishing my hands and fingers learning ha ha

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
Btw, guys, did you have to choose between original and new settings when first playing se?
you can choose between original settings and the new settings

the consoles have a code that you put in at the title screen
on pc you type in devilmaycry at the title screen

but for pc at least you can only do this if you have no save data
so if you already started with the new settings and want to keep that save
your going to need to back up your save on a usb or something then delete it of the main hard drive

as for gameplay tweaks i can confirm as a fact that jump canceling is way easier now
in the original it was almost impossible for me to do
in SE i can do it as fluid as i did in DMC3

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
That and the judgement cut , I even miss the original yamato aerial rabe which is why I am so glad dante has it at least

Erian1Mortal

Premium
As someone who got from the 360 version with 700+ hours to the PC Vanilla (played that 10 hours tops) to the SE on PC, the game does indeed feel more fluid, which is a) because of Turbo and b) because the game is not limited to the 60 fps and does not drop below 60 on my PC nowadays.
That said the SE feels easier to me in general, I believe they toned down some of the difficulty or I have just gotten better at the game.

Moondivider

Premium
you can choose between original settings and the new settings

the consoles have a code that you put in at the title screen
on pc you type in devilmaycry at the title screen

but for pc at least you can only do this if you have no save data
so if you already started with the new settings and want to keep that save
your going to need to back up your save on a usb or something then delete it of the main hard drive

as for gameplay tweaks i can confirm as a fact that jump canceling is way easier now
in the original it was almost impossible for me to do
in SE i can do it as fluid as i did in DMC3

I see. Well, as I've stated it plays pretty much the same to me as it did on ps3. And I've been playing regularly since 2009. So whatever tweaks they did aside from what I mentioned seem to be very minor ones save for the massive gain in orbs and proud souls, now that's ridiculous. What am I supposed to do with my 2000000 orbs even? Now, I've barely touched the girls aside from a quick playthrough but they were basically designed for newcomers to go nuts. So I wouldn't be surprised if style gains and mission rankings are more lenient with them.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
automatic mode was there even in vanilla and i never used them since i never understand what's it for, and from what i've read from wiki,

Automatic Mode - Simplifies combos so that players can heedlessly mash buttons and still perform varied and stylish combos; however, there is no control over which combo is executed. For more information, see the article.

that basically denies my statement where i input the moves and it comes out on SE..

this is a mistery for me, let's just consider this my pure luck.

or,

could we summon gregaman to confirm this?

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I hadn't used it in years til I started up se and it was on already without me choosing it , it annoyed me that you no longer had the option to put it on or off when choosing your mission or character for missions or bp , I turned it straight off again and have no plans to ever use it as I hate it

Top Bottom