• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

how i feel towards DMC4 Special Edition

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
You have only got access to lower difficulties when u play first man and I turned it off so I don't know if that is true or not

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
Isn't automatic mode unavaliable to difficulties above normal?
in DMC 4 you can use automatic mode on any difficulty
original 4 automatic has its own character slot
in SE you have to go to the options to turn it on but i'm sure it can be used on any difficulty

in DMC1 you are forced to use it on easy i think (never actually when on easy)
and in DMC3 it is only selectable on easy
DMC2 and DmC have no automatic as far as i know

Erian1Mortal

Premium
in DMC 4 you can use automatic mode on any difficulty
original 4 automatic has its own character slot
in SE you have to go to the options to turn it on but i'm sure it can be used on any difficulty

in DMC1 you are forced to use it on easy i think (never actually when on easy)
and in DMC3 it is only selectable on easy
DMC2 and DmC have no automatic as far as i know

Thanks for clarifieng that, wasn't sure, only ever used it in DMC1, found it horrible, and learned to play the game lol.

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
The sense in "fluidity" you are getting is probably related to buffer timings. DMC4 always had buffers (programming techniques that "memorizes" your inputs for some time in the memory of your machine) to help players with the execution of moves, instead of having to do it just-frame, DMC3 also had buffers but to a much lesser extent than DMC4 (a proof of this is that we can do reversed movements in DMC4 while in DMC3 it's impossible).

To put things in a more simplier way: the game gives you a greater window to press buttons. You can press buttons much sooner than you would do normally (without buffer techniques) within a combo and still get the move to come out; this generally helps people who like to mash buttons instead of using methodical timings for their combos.

I don't think Capcom officially said they would tweak the buffers, but it's a pretty common tweak to make games that rely in exact-execution more acessible to people who don't play this kind of games too much.

aoshi

There are definite tweaks with SE in combat department. Foe example , the flying sword enemies(introduced in the first agnus fight) react differently to attacks compared to vanilla.

However,gameplay wasn't as fluid as vanilla.I generally don't drop combos but i was dropping and with greater difficulty i was executing combos. Angelos seemed buffed whereas dante and nero seem nerfed a little bit. Frosts as usual were crazy especially in LDK mode. Even angelos, i can manage. But frost only on DT i can get to beat them or even combo on them.

I am not happy with DMC 4 SE. Only fun was playing as vergil and the different costumes.But i feel vergil is overpowered compared to nero and dante. Which is why i could beat LDK mode with zero upgrades from the start.

Judge

okay, i can confirm, every and each of my impression is true, i tried the vanilla again on LDK, and i'm still having the same exact trouble the way i always did with the button pressing and moves that failed to come out and disoriented with directions..

on the dante fight i had to use four vital star m, and a holy water, on SE i did not use any. it took me so long to went thru that fight, while in SE in a very short time.

on mission 2 in vanilla, again so many vital star m, maybe one after each waves. on SE, i only used one vital star s.

i stopped at belial in vanilla, on SE i had to use --i forgot how many vital star s but i managed to beat him.

i can confirm either turbo mode on SE IS a bit faster or it's the response time/ fluidity, i am still soooo clunky in vanilla. this explains why i enjoyed the SE even in LDK

combo meter is tweaked in SE, so many smokin stylish. while in vanilla could only get to b.

ranking system is tweaked, an S in the dante fight SE LDK, and a D in vanilla,

and about the difficulty, i can't really say for sure, but it sure looked like it's been watered down maybe just less aggressive but it's hard to tell because maybe in SE it was so fluid that they don't have the time being aggressive because they kept getting the beating..

oh, and when using vergil, dante was releasing that pandora bullcrap on me time to time, and when using nero he didn't have the time. in vanilla, he uses that over and over and over cuz he managed to keep his distance, maybe enemies do behave aggresively. and i do notice the swarm is really intimidating in vanilla, feels like they're allover you

i'm using Nero..

anyway, for those who didn't favor combat in DMC4, i SUGGEST you get and try this, it's a great improvement in combat department. and if you could, i suggest you get one for me.. HA!

capcom need to confirm this..

I didn't really enjoy DMC4's combat as much as DMC3's when I played it 7 years ago. I am tempted to try DMC4 SE, but a lot of people are saying that theres no real difference between then and now.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
I didn't really enjoy DMC4's combat as much as DMC3's when I played it 7 years ago. I am tempted to try DMC4 SE, but a lot of people are saying that theres no real difference between then and now.

well you shouldn't take my word either, but i never favored 4's combat either in vanilla.. i just don't understand what got to me in SE, but it's alot more enjoyable and gotta admit it has the best gameplay of the series, and all this impression thx to SE..

in vanilla i never played other than human difficulty, i'm too scared cuz i'm not confident in how i did with the combat, i hate playing a game where i'm not good at it or when i think the gameplay sucks.. in SE, i tried every level and i was surprised with how well i could handle it..

anyway, if your friend has the game, you should try it out first there, better than taking someone else's words to consider..

Ps : i was verymuch not in favor of DMC4 before this

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
@absolitude
That's really strange man, since the game is the same as vanilla. Try replaying vanilla and see what it feels like.

it's in the thread foxtrot, i already did replay the vanilla, and SE indeed made me better at the game and fearless lol, cept when blitz is around.. one thing that hasn't changed, the bosses are always a threat for me on higher difficulties, and i still suck with dante..

doesn't matter anyway, if it feels better for me only then so be it, tho ofc i will always find it weird too

Top Bottom