• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Hiroyuki "Japanese for FAIL" Kobayashi made DMC4 to appeal to Women (gamers)

moseslmpg

I don't think there are worse women out there. Bayo makes some vulgar innuendo every 5 seconds and she takes off her clothes as a gameplay device. Bayo is like an ultra parody of women in videogames. I don't think she is a role model at all, but she is dominant.

And her anatomy is definitely off, like what nightmares are made of.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Wow. I have a very different opinion on her. Probably because I respect her more than quite a few people.

And quite frankly I think she's a pretty good match for Dante. XD

moseslmpg

I think you may be projecting onto her. If she were a real person, Lady Gaga would command more respect.

I think Bayonetta is the worst part of the game.

But anyway, we're getting off topic.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Agreed. Off-topicness is something I usually shy-away from... Especially cuz of two incidents that I will not speak about.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
moseslmpg;262956 said:
I think you may be projecting onto her. If she were a real person, Lady Gaga would command more respect.

I think Bayonetta is the worst part of the game.

But anyway, we're getting off topic.
What do you mean we're getting off topic? How is discussing games suited to appeal to female gamers off topic? I thought the discussion was very much in line according to the thread topic.

I just meant to compare Bayonetta to DMC4 in regards to appealing to the female audience. There's a difference between being slutty and being confident in your own skin. The girls from DMC4 - slutty. Bayonetta - confident. Well you didn't see any of the DMC ladies walking around with a mean-ass whip and getting down and dirty with the enemy, did you? No, because they were there for the sole purpose of eye candy for the boys.

Funny you should mention Lady Gaga, though. Reading over you guys posts, I thought that Lady Gaga is way worse than Bayonetta. I mean if I had to pick who to cosplay between Bayonetta and Gloria, I would definitely pick Netta. Because catsuits pwn regal scraps of material, any day.

Everything about Bayonetta was made to attract women gamers, anyway. If you've played it, you'll know. The music is the romantic sappy kind, your lock-on target aim is a KISS, you've got customised high heels that shoot things... yeah, she's a bit vulgar in the vocab, but her F*** off battle cries are no different to Dante's P*** off battle cries. She's one of those personality types that is haughty and unpredictable and playful, the kind of person you'd actually hate in real life. But then Dante is the same with his bad manners and macho attitude and general irritating persona. But they've both got charisma, so despite being flawed, fans still love them.

Anyway. That's just my 2 cents on it.

I can't believe DT and I are finally agreeing on something! ^_^

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Chloe_Ryder;262982 said:
I can't believe DT and I are finally agreeing on something! ^_^

I know! :lol: Next thing you know, the universe is gonna just go "shhhhhhhhhhhhhlllllllllllllllllllllp" into a black hole. XD

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Allow me too.Netta's fine.And as Chloe ninja'd me,confident...and a bit naughty,but hey,children are too![Yes in that sense.]

I must the only one who was a bit dissapointed with Netta's anatomy since her breasts aren't as big as I imagined them.But it's ok,she is awesome so it doesn't matter.

Also Dante and Netta...like your old sig Chloe?

"Beware or say goodbye to your ... pool?"

moseslmpg

Chloe_Ryder;262982 said:
I just meant to compare Bayonetta to DMC4 in regards to appealing to the female audience. There's a difference between being slutty and being confident in your own skin. The girls from DMC4 - slutty. Bayonetta - confident. Well you didn't see any of the DMC ladies walking around with a mean-ass whip and getting down and dirty with the enemy, did you? No, because they were there for the sole purpose of eye candy for the boys.

Yeah, I got the distinction. I have said before that Bayonetta is less offensive to women than DMC4, although I don't think she is as empowering or as good a role model as fans say. DMC4 girls are slutty, Bayo is confident in her sluttiness and its power to kill angels. If she couldn't take off her clothes, she would be screwed.

Funny you should mention Lady Gaga, though. Reading over you guys posts, I thought that Lady Gaga is way worse than Bayonetta. I mean if I had to pick who to cosplay between Bayonetta and Gloria, I would definitely pick Netta. Because catsuits pwn regal scraps of material, any day.

I was thinking more like actual value to society. As much as I loathe Gaga, as she seems like a pop culture Frankenstein monster mixed between Madonna and Marilyn Manson, she does actually contribute "music" to society. If Bayonetta was a real person, the best she could do was be a stripper at a place for guys with long leg fetishes. As for who is better to cosplay as, well that's a trick question since most people really shouldn't cosplay anyway.

I better say something quick to get this back on topic...So anyway, that Kobayashi guy. He kind of sucks. I had this gif made for me to display his suckage publicly. I'd wear it as a badge or sig or whatever, but it is profane.

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
moseslmpg;262991 said:
I better say something quick to get this back on topic...So anyway, that Kobayashi guy. He kind of sucks. I had this gif made for me to display his suckage publicly. I'd wear it as a badge or sig or whatever, but it is profane.
Shiiiiiiiiiiit. You should've seen some of my old sigs here. That's pretty much nothing compared to 'em.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
DreadnoughtDT;262948 said:
Am I the only one who honestly thought Bayonetta's anatomy was fine? o_O

Hmm, I hope so. From an anatomy perspective, most people are 7 to 7.5 heads tall (their own heads against their own height); yet Bayonetta is...

2132396324.jpg

Vampi

I agree with Moses about Bayo. I don't like Bayo (her character) at all. She's just one in a long line-up of hyper-sexualized female video game characters. Though Bayo takes it to the 9th degree.

I think her rival, Jeanne, is a much better woman to admire. She doesn't have to use her body in stupid sexual poses everytime. She doesn't spout cheesy, stupid sexual innuendo one liners, and she isn't a freaking tease (unlike Bayo). She's cooler and i sumtimes wish she was the main character in the game besides Bayo. Because surely a villian like Bayo i would love to beat the crap out of.

I still love playing the game, but sumtimes i want to close my eyes and wish it was the characters of DMC.

And really the only good female character in DMC is Lucia. She's not a bytch like Trish (though i like Trish to) and she's not a golddigger like Lady (that's DMC 4's fault). At least Lucia didn't attack Dante when she first laid eyes on him, she actually helped him. And...she kicks major arse. And she doesn't dress like a slut (though yet again that's DMC 4's fault into making Lady look like a whore instead of the tomboy she was in DMC 3. And i always liked Trish's costume).

moseslmpg

Incomplete Dani;262994 said:
Shiiiiiiiiiiit. You should've seen some of my old sigs here. That's pretty much nothing compared to 'em.
That's weird, since we can't even post **** here. Or ****y or han**** or shuttle**** or ****ed.

The drawn figures in that picture always creep me out a little.

aoshi

Darth Angelo;262373 said:
Mundus doesn't faf about he cares nothing for human or demon life and has a very streightforward set of rules.
"Get the job done or.." *cut throat*
Whilst still under his control to a certain extent it wouldn't make any sense at all to allow him to live even still as Nelo, he was defeated and weak and if given freedom he would be yet another serious threat against his absolute rule over everything and thats the last thing he wants on top of his screwed up ideals.

Even if I was a hardcore Vergil fan I find it hard to imagine seeing the possibility of his return as nothing more than a cheap, hollow fan service that doesn't really make any sense. Then again I got exited when Wesker and Liquid Snake came back so I guess I am being a bit of a hypocrite.

I can understand that. But devil arms inherit demonic powers and though sparda wanted to seal demon world, he entrusted his powers in his sword. In such lines, i do see vergil's spirit or demonic power entrusted in yamatoa.I would not want him to disappear entirely from DMC universe as any demon. He too is a son of sparda and as dante is to the series, vergil should be.

I think vergil has hard-lined characteristics and attributes that adding details might disturb characterisation or epicness in DMC 3.But with dante and his casual persona, Everything seems to go fine.

btdownloads

aoshi;263761 said:
I can understand that. But devil arms inherit demonic powers and though sparda wanted to seal demon world, he entrusted his powers in his sword. In such lines, i do see vergil's spirit or demonic power entrusted in yamatoa.I would not want him to disappear entirely from DMC universe as any demon. He too is a son of sparda and as dante is to the series, vergil should be.

I think vergil has hard-lined characteristics and attributes that adding details might disturb characterisation or epicness in DMC 3.But with dante and his casual persona, Everything seems to go fine.

True, he should stick with the series, I am too get used to seeing him now :p

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
aoshi;263761 said:
He too is a son of sparda and as dante is to the series, vergil should be.

But the impression that Vergil is significant to the story at all only came about in the third game. Up until then Vergil as a character was nothing, a nobody, anything he was or was ever destined to be had long since withered away and died over his years as Nelo Angelo. As this point whatever may be left of his mind should already be warped and corrupted beyond repair.
Vergil as we knew him in DMC3 should be long gone.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Darth Angelo;264362 said:
But the impression that Vergil is significant to the story at all only came about in the third game. Up until then Vergil as a character was nothing, a nobody, anything he was or was ever destined to be had long since withered away and died over his years as Nelo Angelo. As this point whatever may be left of his mind should already be warped and corrupted beyond repair.
Vergil as we knew him in DMC3 should be long gone.

My sentiments exactly. The Vergil everyone wants, the DMC3 Vergil, is gone for good. He's already corrupted by Mundus, you guys. Does the secret ending mean anything to you?

moseslmpg

Vergil wouldn't be a totally different person. He would be traumatized a little, but he would retain his basic persona. Just because people want Vergil back does not automatically mean it is DMC3 Vergil.

aoshi

I don't think my point has been understood.Sparda's history was sealed 2000 years ago but his legendary sword and devil trigger is in every DMC game. I have already stated that devil arms are entrusted with demonic powers and expect yamatoa to become an essential sword in DMC as sparda sword and have vergil's DT entrusted with it.

I can care less if anyone thinks vergil is finished with DMC 3. Nero was never in series before. If koba can introduce such a character and appeal to fans, sure can have vergil as a DT and unlockable to play as him.

And add to that - Kobayashi has stated that characters play an important role than plot. If he goes vergil spirit is sealed in demonic world and some one like arkham is trying to revive it, Heck it would be more fun to have him as a boss.Better yet - Vs Nero.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
When Arkham took the form of Sparda in DMC3 there was nothing of Sparda's character in it he just took his form, I am pretty sure it was the same when Dante took his form. Why wouldn't it be the same with Yamato?
Nero could take a Vergil-like form like we saw in that artwork but nothing of Vergil should be inside it.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^I don't think so.The only Devil Arm so far to give one devil another devil's form is the Sparda sword only.The Rebellion form and the rest of the DT forms Dante has aren't that different.The base DT is always the same.Same goes with Vergil and Yamato.There are very little differences between his Yamato and Beowulf DT.The base was also the same.

This could only happen if Vergil infused his soul with the Yamato or create a sword and infuse it with his power,like Sparda did with the Sparda sword.

We really have to wait and see about that.

Top Bottom