• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

God Complex

AngelMode

It doesnt sound like Dante to me especially since the voice has a different speech pattern but thats just my opinion. Also have ever thought about there bein multiple gods? Mundus does say "a god" and not just God meaning he's all powerful. So the voice may be someone who hasn't been shown at all.

Yeah, that was not Dante. He talks at the beginning with an entirely different voice in the trailer... since at the 2010 trailer he does have a more deeper voice. And Dante has no reason to consider himself as being a god.

Unless NT wanted to make him sound like an incredible douche.

Dante: "You don't **** with a god."

Demon: "... dude, you're no god, you are rebellious teenage, half angel half demon freak, who everyone thinks is a terrorist..."

Random Demon in the Background: "And your mom's a wh*re!"

Dante: "I'm still a god."

Demon: "So what about you brother? Is he a god too?"

Dante: "Nah, he's lame, everyone's lame. I'm a god."

Demon: "O... kay..."

Random Demon in the Background: "You suck!"

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
I think the point trying to be conveyed here is that if Mundus fits the qualities of a god. Sure, he has control over the demons and even the humans so he must be "considered" as one. But the first thing I would think if I see Dante kicking his butt at the end will be something along the lines of "pfft, what a god he turned out to be."

Bad guys are made arrogant for a reason: because they are self-centered and evil. Therefore, I see Mundus for what it is, a very powerful demon who can be beaten by another very powerful demon that isn't considered a god in any way, shape, or form.

The term "god" can be incredibly misleading, because, yeah, in some cultures gods are just a bunch of powerful deities. But when Mundus says "god" he is saying "I am a being that is above you and you will never be able to take me down." So yeah, he is referring himself as being something that he is not, someone that cannot be defeated no matter what... and that's obviously untrue or else this game will have a really not happy ending.
1. this game might not have a happy ending
2. we have know way of knowing how powerful Mundus is in this game but the original Mundus is apparently impossible to kill and that is probably enough for a powerful demon to be considered a god in a world that doesn't seem to have an actual supreme deity. (and being the ruler of the entire underworld is something you would have to be demonic god to manage.)

somekidfromthe90's

Do you really believe this? Production wasn't far enough to include the main antagonist in the storyboard?
The voice is not that of Dante and it's pretty obvious. Can't believe, this is getting contra.
well of course this is, anything is possible after that infamous "Dante is/ is not a virgin thread". But in all seriousness they have Dante showing off his moves and abilities in that trailer. Why would they just randomly put an antagonists voice into it when they ENTIRE trailer revolves solely on Dante's abilities?

Dante47

well of course this is, anything is possible after that infamous "Dante is/ is not a virgin thread". But in all seriousness they have Dante showing off his moves and abilities in that trailer. Why would they just randomly put an antagonists voice into it when they ENTIRE trailer revolves solely on Dante's abilities?
Don't even remind me of that. >_<

ReRave

smug jerk

That's perfectly normal here.

Pein Must Kill

And I say, what if the voice is by someone who is against Mundus and believes that Dante is a God. I don't know, maybe someone from the Order or sth?

ReRave

smug jerk
So, children: let's all close our eyes really hard and pretend that we are too dumb to understand what "You don't **** with a god" really could mean, okay?
Wait, what? You all started already?

Top Bottom