• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General DMC 5 Discussion

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
It also looks like that when weapon switching, you have to switch between using Balrog's gauntlets or greaves. What an odd lack of integration...

Why does so much about Dante disappoint me? The only thing that seems cool so far is that Rainstorm lets you move a la moementum, and the shotgun has more sliding or something.

Oh, and so much for running while locked on as well, it seems.

Actually there are times where Dante would switch to punch mode to kick mode back to punch mode so that could mean switching modes is a separate action from switching weapons and the hud indicates that change. Probably a SwordMaster action since he only does it when he is in SwordMaster mode.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Actually there are times where Dante would switch to punch mode to kick mode back to punch mode so that could mean switching modes is a separate action from switching weapons and the hud indicates that change. Probably a SwordMaster action since he only does it when he is in SwordMaster mode.

Good eye. And that sounds damn clunky, as if O would literally just let you switch between hands or feet. Dante, the king of clunk~

Man, E&I don't even sound like they used to :/

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
However I translated with Bing (the superior translator) and got this

On September 21, Capcom held the "Devil May Cry 5 (DMC5)" stage event at Tokyo Game show 2018. At the stage event, Mr. Hideaki Okabe, producer Matthew Walker, and director Izuno, who continued to work yesterday, appeared on the podium.

Details of the equipment and combat system of the play character [Dante] with a completely different fighting style and the main character of this work that has already been introduced [Nero] has been released. Unlike the visuals of the E3 trailer (left), Dante was prepared with a beard and hair.

The reason for this is to be told in the story
In collaboration with the "Mega Man" introduced yesterday, Mega Man came to the venue
 Dante fights stylish with different weapons. Speaking of Dante, the familiar Love Sword [rebellion] and two pistols [Ebony & Ivory]. These two weapons also seem to fight the main, the Magic Sword appeared in the past work [Spada] also appeared. In addition, the new weapon "Balrog" was also released.

By the way, Dante's weapon will still appear in addition to these. The power of the demon of the Flames "Balrog" is a weapon specializing in melee combat, "blow mode" with the main punch, "kick mode" to make full use of the kick technique exists. Blow mode is very important, and the more firepower you attack, the more powerful kicks you can use in kick mode. In addition, it is possible to customize the order of the weapon in this work, you can] 薙gi倒shimasu the enemy stylish by setting in order of your own.

Only features that were not in the 旧作, for the past game players are grateful. Melee specialization Weapon "Balrog".
 By the way, "Balrog" is that it takes from the image of the character of the overseas version Street Fighter (bison named Japan name). In addition, "style" that appeared from "DMC3" continues to be implemented. Like the previous work, you can fight while switching a variety of combat styles in real time. In the video was fighting while switching the "Royal Guard" to prevent attacks, and [sword Master] specializing in sword skills.

There is also an annual "Devil Trigger", which seems to be able to manipulate Dante who has been "genie" for a certain period of time. Dante became the Demon Man Dante, releasing the Power of Satan. As well as demonstrating a super power, resilience is expressed. I use it to blast the small, or I'll keep it until it's a pinch.

It depends on the player when to activate. A "Royal Guard" is a powerful blow to prevent the opponent from attacking.
In my past work, I've been indebted to you.
 Dante's image design is also open The image design of Dante and a new weapon "Cabaliere" is released this time.

The change of design of Dante and the Devil trigger triggered by the "Demon Man Dante", is a new weapon, such as design rough, such as the bike [Cabaliere] has been released. From the first piece drawn under the attempt to "let's put out the design of various Dante", Dante of the second sheet similar to the appearance of almost present.

And, Dante of the third sheet which became almost finished form

In addition, as a development secret story, for the camera looking down, the size of Dante's head was gradually small adjustment from the design stage, it was told that the design proposal of suddenly "Cabaliere" has been sent to the designer to ask for a new weapon. The provision to Nero that is written in the design proposal is "Cabaliere" setting of death.

From here, it was gradually stuffed into the current design. The character of this work is taken wearing the costume by a real actor.
 And it's going to 3d from there "DMC5" is scheduled for the stage after tomorrow, and additional information will be announced. I want to pay attention to the future development.

So If I'm hearing that right you can select what weapons you want, how many of them, and in any order. I hear its possible to use all the weapons available but that might just be referring to the 3 in the demo and not all 4 so far.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
If Trish is inside that demon, is Lady inside this one?
1537574754075.jpg

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
So If I'm hearing that right you can select what weapons you want, how many of them, and in any order. I hear its possible to use all the weapons available but that might just be referring to the 3 in the demo and not all 4 so far.

Slightly promising, although my biggest problem is still that the Style system is completely unnecessary at this point. The thing that bugs me most is that, at least in DMC4, if you used Automatic, you could get Aerial Rave on Triangle, but Automatic was so chaotic that it was never really a sure thing. Not to mention, the fact that Dante is the same as before, means that he will have literally just the one sword combo in the air, whereas Nero has so many options in the air from a single weapon.

It seems like Nero as a character does more with less, while Dante is a character that does less with more :/

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Also @9:41 when Dante parried the boss he says "Sorry I can read your moves helps that I..." then gets cut off when he got hit. I wonder what Dante was going to say. Was he going to say 'Helps that I invented them" or "Helps that I know them" which could indicate that boss was using moves Dante knows so unless there is some sword fighting style that Dante learned and this demon knows or........

patrickstar.jpg

What if that thing IS Alastor after all and he memorized the fighting style Dante had when he used to use him. I mean the boss didn't become a Devil Arm like in past games but pieces of its armor merged with a bike and became Cavaliere. He even said during the boss fight "I remember how scary you used to be" (implying the time Alastor impaled him).

Oh wait apparently Itsuno confirmed that boss name is Cavaliere Angelo. But then again I have a theory that this is the name of that boss in particular and its still Alastor as in maybe whoever came into possession of Alastor and forcefully merged Trish with it acting almost like a Devil Trigger and Alastor being powered by Trish and was given ultimate free will and he thus gained the name Cavaliere Angelo like how Vergil was armored up as Nelo Angelo.

Just a theory. I mean the IGN guy kept skipping cutscenes so I guess Capcom wanted some stuff kept hidden.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Slightly promising, although my biggest problem is still that the Style system is completely unnecessary at this point. The thing that bugs me most is that, at least in DMC4, if you used Automatic, you could get Aerial Rave on Triangle, but Automatic was so chaotic that it was never really a sure thing. Not to mention, the fact that Dante is the same as before, means that he will have literally just the one sword combo in the air, whereas Nero has so many options in the air from a single weapon.

It seems like Nero as a character does more with less, while Dante is a character that does less with more :/

You know we haven't seen Dante's full moveset. This is just one gameplay from a guy from IGN. Gameplay from pros like RK showed off more of Nero's kit then press did at Gamescon. Plus there was so much moves that weren't showed off such as Two Some Time, Drive, Round Trip, etc. We don't know the full extent of Dante's moves so far. Its best to wait for more gameplay (Donguri will be there playing the demo and another DMC pro) and after TGS is over once we collect more info to come to conclusions. Plus there could still be more skills that are locked for the demo (like that new dive kick for Nero).

Besides I highly doubt the Style System would physically prevent Capcom from giving Dante more aerial moves. If they don't isn't that on the fault on them being lazy in not incorporating more moves onto the already existing control scheme. It can work.

EDIT.

Although thinking about it. Sparda seems to be Dante's main weapon this time so Rebellion would probably remain the same whereas Sparda would be the one getting all the new and nifty tricks and expanded moveset. They're keeping it a secret really badly despite we know its there. They've shown off screenshots of it.

Yeah story wise Rebellion gets destroyed so Sparda becomes Dante new weapon and Rebellion can still be used during gameplay. [/QUOTE]

Last edited:

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
You know we haven't seen Dante's full moveset. This is just one gameplay from a guy from IGN. Gameplay from pros like RK showed off more of Nero's kit then press did at Gamescon. Plus there was so much moves that weren't showed off such as Two Some Time, Drive, Round Trip, etc. We don't know the full extent of Dante's moves so far. Its best to wait for more gameplay (Donguri will be there playing the demo and another DMC pro) and after TGS is over once we collect more info to come to conclusions. Plus there could still be more skills that are locked for the demo (like that new dive kick for Nero).

Besides I highly doubt the Style System would physically prevent Capcom from giving Dante more aerial moves. If they don't isn't that on the fault on them being lazy in not incorporating more moves onto the already existing control scheme. It can work.

That's the rub. It can work, I've talked about it before, Dante lacks a lot of inputs that could easily be implemented, like having an aerial pause combo and aerial streak. Of course yeah, we haven't seen everything, but considering how little they changed him, I don't have a lot of faith that they added new moves. They seem reluctant, or even scared to just make him control better, to open up his playstyle :/

So far the only promising things are that Gunslinger actually looks useful (Wild Stomp PUH-LEASE!), and the prospect of being able to put on as many, or as few, weapons as we'd like to avoid burdensome weapon cycling.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
That's the rub. It can work, I've talked about it before, Dante lacks a lot of inputs that could easily be implemented, like having an aerial pause combo and aerial streak. Of course yeah, we haven't seen everything, but considering how little they changed him, I don't have a lot of faith that they added new moves. They seem reluctant, or even scared to just make him control better, to open up his playstyle :/

So far the only promising things are that Gunslinger actually looks useful (Wild Stomp PUH-LEASE!), and the prospect of being able to put on as many, or as few, weapons as we'd like to avoid burdensome weapon cycling.

The amount of changes Dante got seems to be on par on amount of changes Nero got when it comes to his base moveset. His dodging has been improved like Nero, his Royal Guard can break if you time it improperly leaving you open and seemingly looks far more useful and more open if an IGN player can royal guard block so effectively, he has a more robust parry system like DmC, Balrog is a massive improvement/change from all past Guantlet/Greaves from past games while still attaining some of those same moves, his Gunslinger actions have been improved Coyote A/the Shotgun looks the most badass its ever been especially since you can slide across the place doing upclose pop shots which serves as a dodge too.

The only thing that hasn't got some tweaking is Rebellion (so far) and that could be because Sparda is his new main weapon that has all the new tricks and tech and Rebellion is basically a placeholder weapon. I just hope Sparda differs greatly from Rebellion (it can have stuff like Stinger, High Time, and Helm Breaker...sort of but I hope its a fusion of DMC4SE Sparda, Osiris, and Arbiter).

I was told that at the panel Itsuno said Dante will have many crazy weapons and we have only seen 3 so far. Not sure if those are Itsuno's exact words. But if the weapon count exceeds DMC3 I would totally forgive Rebellion being the same (it basically means they put the effort that woudl've gone into Rebellion into Sparda instead and as long as they differ enough I'm satisfied either way).

A bit disappointed Trickster seem the same I really wanted to see Wall Running return but maybe it still can. Although there was a section where it looks like jumping off walls (at 2:10 that wall jump had more verticallity to it compared to the other wall jumps or so it looks like to me) looks more controlled and fluid than ever.

Plus this gameplay looks quite impressive for a guy from IGN unless he has experience with DMC4 or is using Easy Automatic (which is hard to believe). They couldve found more nuanced ways of making Dante more accessible while maintaining the main control scheme. Trying to find a decent middleground. If you ditch the Style System you would anger just as much if not more people/fans who love and got used to DMC3/4 combat system.

Plus this ties into that one leak where it says Nero is for beginners, Dante is more advanced, and V is the middle ground. There was even an earlier interview where Itsuno says something similar so this is to be expected.

EDIT

Plus we have a training mode now. Plenty of time to practice and get good with the system.

Also at 1:30 Dante throws a rose that sends that lizard demon flying. So his Lucifer move is now his aerial taunt and can be used to launch enemies to keep them in the air (a trick a lot of DMC4 pros used to use a lot). It shows Itsuno and co are paying close attention to how people play these games and finding ways to build upon it.

Last edited:

gmc

regarding V falling down I hope that wont be a problem when we play as him, im thinking the disability thing is an act since in the tgs trailer hes acting rather cocky for someone with a walking problem

gmc

Can you imagine though?:laugh:

Considering what they did to Nero and his Devil Breakers I wouldn't be surprised if Itsuno decides to limit V in someway too now. Yikes that would make Dante the only guy with no limiting gameplay mechanic.

Its almost like Dante went into Itsuno office asked him to cripple Nero and V to avoid them stealing his spotlight.:D

Also

https://gfycat.com/seriouswindyblacklemur
Dante can enter a stance with Balrog Punch Mode where he can instantly dodge attacks. Same applies with Kick Mode,

6gCGKPA.gif

Just love the level of attention to detail. Apparently the Balrog dodging and Royal Guard blocking is animated to match the exact enemies attack movement.

I'm surprised noone here brought up how identical this guy looks like Nelo Angelo

fgcn8dS.png

buS6ClM.jpg
i wonder what the story is behind the nelo angelo look alike, and it looked like their were other knight looking enemies in white, im thinking they might be dmcs 'angels' but they're the same race as the demons if that makes sense

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
If you ditch the Style System you would anger just as much if not more people/fans who love and got used to DMC3/4 combat system.

With all due respect, **** them. Like, literally, **** them for actually be upset at the concept of having a more intuitive control scheme that also expands what the character can do. There is literally no reason for Dante to still control like that after four other characters where created that have a much more intuitive and nearly uniform design. Like, I would love to hear someone's legitimate justification against having a character control better and have more options. Just mucking about I was able to redesign Dante's controls and keep everything intact, while also incorporating more inputs to offer the character more to do. You'd have to be heavily entrenched in nostalgia to be against like...better gameplay.

regarding V falling down I hope that wont be a problem when we play as him, im thinking the disability thing is an act since in the tgs trailer hes acting rather cocky for someone with a walking problem

Maybe he floats while he's in a fight, no need to trudge around with a cane then.

gmc

With all due respect, **** them. Like, literally, **** them for actually be upset at the concept of having a more intuitive control scheme that also expands what the character can do. There is literally no reason for Dante to still control like that after four other characters where created that have a much more intuitive and nearly uniform design. Like, I would love to hear someone's legitimate justification against having a character control better and have more options. Just mucking about I was able to redesign Dante's controls and keep everything intact, while also incorporating more inputs to offer the character more to do. You'd have to be heavily entrenched in nostalgia to be against like...better gameplay.

Maybe he floats while he's in a fight, no need to trudge around with a cane then.
hopefully thats the case, ive got no problem with him being a mage like character but if his movement is limited then it'll not be fun

berto

I Saw the Devil
I'm pretty sure I posted this before but it makes my impressions with less typing.
Anyway, I'll post on this later. I'm still watching the footage but if you're curious I made several posts that were essay long where I discussed my thoughts on styles, the dodge feature, efficiency, and the definition of efficiency, which I thought was clear but...

Here's more but with a heavy emphasis on using the Sparda.

Last edited:

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
I never used anything other than Sword master on DMC3 and 4.
Just didn't feel encouraged to use the others since I did just fine with SM, I hope DMC5 encourages the others as well as giving us more styles like DMC3 did with Quicksilver and what not.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!

QJWAc3J.jpg

So **** me too? I'm all for the Style System and think your system isn't as an effective replacement as you think it is (although there are ideas I would add to the existing and will continue to exist as far as DMC5 goes Style System).

What is the matter?

"It's an inconvenience at best, or are DMC players so stiff they can't adapt? "

NJIwpTL.gif

So what now are you not going to buy the game?

Top Bottom