• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General DMC 5 Discussion

berto

I Saw the Devil
I'm surprised noone here brought up how identical this guy looks like Nelo Angelo
We all know. Personally, I just not sure what to say about it. Looks like Vergil, other dudes are named Angelo, Vergil starts with V, V is a dude in the game who carries around a book with giant V on it, Vergil's car in DmC had a V on the screen display which leads me to believe V just found the instruction manual for said car and just acts like it's actual scripture on it but it's just the instructions for the gas pump (He who desires but acts not breeds pestilence. Thou should have bought the hybrid), the Roman numerical version of 5 is V. There is some complex connection all over the place, that or just some major puns going on that need to be toned down before they start advertising V for Vendetta.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
@berto
So, since in this thread there's also a big amount of discussion aside from actual media about the game, I really think it'd be a good idea to like, amass all the videos and news in the opening post. That way it'd be easier for people to go search for a specific piece of media if they want to, instead of having to navigate through a lot of talk and comments.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
We all know. Personally, I just not sure what to say about it. Looks like Vergil, other dudes are named Angelo, Vergil starts with V, V is a dude in the game who carries around a book with giant V on it, Vergil's car in DmC had a V on the screen display which leads me to believe V just found the instruction manual for said car and just acts like it's actual scripture on it but it's just the instructions for the gas pump (He who desires but acts not breeds pestilence. Thou should have bought the hybrid), the Roman numerical version of 5 is V. There is some complex connection all over the place, that or just some major puns going on that need to be toned down before they start advertising V for Vendetta.

Capcom might have developed a fetish for the roman numeral V especially when you look at Street Fighter 5....I mean V.

Speaking of which the Subhuman there are also hidden references/hints in that music video too.

@berto
So, since in this thread there's also a big amount of discussion aside from actual media about the game, I really think it'd be a good idea to like, amass all the videos and news in the opening post. That way it'd be easier for people to go search for a specific piece of media if they want to, instead of having to navigate through a lot of talk and comments.

That sounds like a lot of work to put on berto :laugh:

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Now that you mentioned it, in "Pull the Devil Trigger" video, we can see broken dolls. Maybe it's a V's reference how he is someone's puppet or he will use everybody as his puppets?!

berto

I Saw the Devil
@berto
Back in the days of the DMC4 SE I made a similar thread but there it was info only. No personal posts allowed and another thread for all general comments and discussion of any content. It seemed a bit tyrannical since occasionally people would post and we'd delete their posts but all things considered it might've been the way to go.

Anyway, that's a big thing so I'll work on it a few steps at a time.

That sounds like a lot of work to put on berto :laugh:
Doesn't help that I have to merge posts when others double post.

If Trish is inside that demon, is Lady inside this one?
1537574754075.jpg
Considering it’s Nero’s boss it could be Dante.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Pretty positive that scene with Trish takes place immediately after Dante left her with V when he took off on the motorcycle.
It appears she "summoned" her outfit back which fits how she was able to go from Gloria to herself in one move.

Also she looks so much hotter in that shot than the others which proves my point how the RE Engine and face scanning can look good and bad in certain situations.
dvdvd_by_wesker500-dcnh5pa.png

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Care to fill a brudda in on what the trailer said?:angel:
Obviously most of the "introductions" are fluff if you've played the previous games, but in his V talks about how the 「brother」 of a certain devil is resurrecting and so V will lend Dante his power since "that devil is the reason you fight".

(Note: I put "brother" in brackets as it doesn't necessarily denote blood relation as for example in DmC Sparda and Mundus were "sworn brothers".)

The fact that we came in halfway through the conversation means that we can only make inferences, but it seems that you-know-who from the leaks might be related to Mundus in some fashion. :eek:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
he has angelo in his name, might be obvious to everyone but angelo in italian means angel so im guessing we're gonna meet the dmc versions of angels, interesting

Nah that doesn't mean anything. Nelo Angelo is not an angel, Angelo Credo and Angelo Agnus aren't angels either and neither are Bianco Angelos and Alto Angelos.

gmc

Nah that doesn't mean anything. Nelo Angelo is not an angel, Angelo Credo and Angelo Agnus aren't angels either and neither are Bianco Angelos and Alto Angelos.
so they might be knights similiar to sparda since cavaliere means knight in italian

Westhawk

Dont know if this has been shared yet...

Devil May Cry 5 could have online multiplayer for up to three players

On Steam, the listing claims that Devil May Cry 5 will support multiplayer and co-op, which is something that has yet to be seen in the series thus far. There have been multiple playable characters but each has had their separate story chapters.

But while the Steam listing features a nebulous, multiplayer support claim, the listings for console specifically say that the game will feature 2-3 player co-op. Neither the PS4 or the Xbox One store listings go beyond that, but the prospect of cooperative play with up to two friends is sure to be intriguing to fans.

Hideaki Itsuno

"What we want to say is we have designed this game specifically to make the best single-player experience we can, that's always been the focus,"

"In terms of online and multiplayer and what have you... Wait and see."

In Dantes game play we saw trish taunting that’s the closest we have and lady running with dante.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
So **** me too? I'm all for the Style System and think your system isn't as an effective replacement as you think it is (although there are ideas I would add to the existing and will continue to exist as far as DMC5 goes Style System).

My problem is that I can't understand why, and no one can give me a straight answer as to why a dedicated Style and Action button system is better. Don't get me wrong, it works, but it certainly isn't ideal. To sound like a broken record, it's clunky, and Nero, Trish, Lady, and 4!Vergil all play so much better than him. Even looking at just Nero and his Red Queen, as I mentioned, he has more options on a single button without the inclusion of a Style button that splits his actions between two buttons. I cannot fathom why more actions, on a single button, is less intuitive than what we have now. It's not rocket surgery, four of five other characters since DMC4's development prove it can be done, and done well.

:'( All I want is to do ground and air combos on a single button with Dante~ :'(

So what now are you not going to buy the game?

Naw, it's just a disappointment that it could be so much better. I'll get by just fine, as I did every other time. It's just frustrating to watch Capcom flounder on these opportunities to truly improve, just like with Mega Man 11, while other games are being made, inspired by DMC, that give us so much more fluidity and intuitive controls.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I'm pretty sure I posted this before but it makes my impressions with less typing.

This is, literally everything I've felt. Even though his cadence was sleep-inducing, he articulated my stance very well, with an extra bit of talking about loadouts, which are definitely a huge part of it too. Having a loadout that you can customize is a great idea, and it seems we'll be getting that in DMC5. My main stance, however, is still that Styles are just unnecessary at this point, as I've said before. The video's main point seemed like it leaned heavily on the concept of the loadout, that it was too much, spread over clunky options. At least if we had Swordmaster's moves just on Rebellion inherently, there's really no problem.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
As soon as "V" reads the book of "v," I went like "Arkham's son!" I didn't even need to be convinced anywhere else, as soon as the book was seen, I knew immediately who that guy was. It's Arkham's son.

So, I think the story will also involve Lady at some point. "V" will try to unravel who killed Arkham (which Lady did), first before moving into bigger things.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
I found out there was a leak were Dante will not be killed but will become a Demon King because he will eat the fruit of the Tree of Life.The only reference to this leak was a youtube video and someone's commentary on it which is the following:
"1- the leak saying nero is stronger then Virgil
2 - dante became the demon king is the is the complete opposite of the goal of the story about human power (heart and all of that)
3 -and it means dmc 2 is not Conn unless it take place after dmc 2 and if it does why didn't dante use the majin form you know the form that can't take damage
4- and it didnt talk about vergil the one how take nero arm one of the most important character in the series
5- we know that Mundus isn't dead he is just sealed and we know the Mundus will show in the game from old leaks"
The red devil with his body covered by eyes (or whatever) is Dante.
So, then, who is the Dante in "real life"?

Top Bottom