• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Games you'd help fund development for.

Which Franchise?

• Shenmue

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Shadowman

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Legacy of Kain

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Megaman

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Classic DMC

Votes: 17 77.3%
  • Phantasy Star

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Persona

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Darksiders

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • ZMC

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • TMZ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yooka-Laylee

• Bloodstained

• Sleeping Dogs

• Ninth Circle

• Where's The Trigger

• Total voters

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
You don't need the power of the PS4/X1 to stop gameplay dependency on quick time evens or nerfed difficulty or bad gameplay period.

But you need it to improve on the good things. Take DMC for example. Vergil's moves were so limited on the PS2 cause there wasn't enough memory available. There is now and look at how much more awesome Vergil's gameplay is.

Also, the PS3/X360 didn't have enough power to handle LDK and Turbo, so console players had to renounce to the most fun features of DMC4.

Got the concept?

I understand the PS3 is a pain to develop for but heeeeeey developers have been developing games on the PS3 for how long now?

Doesn't mean it wouldn't be an improvement for the development process of games to not have to develop for it. Some games have even been canned altogether on PS3 cause of its over complicated architecture, sometimes making the developer risk go bankrupt, even. How is that a positive or something to overlook.

So you don't figure they're use to it by now.

Programming doesn't work that way, unfortunately.

Last edited:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I really love the PS3 -- especially back in 2012.

Before DLC became too overbearing, it was the system to play my favorite games on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom