• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Games you'd help fund development for.

Which Franchise?

• Shenmue

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Shadowman

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Legacy of Kain

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Megaman

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Classic DMC

Votes: 17 77.3%
  • Phantasy Star

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Persona

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Darksiders

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • ZMC

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • TMZ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yooka-Laylee

• Bloodstained

• Sleeping Dogs

• Ninth Circle

• Where's The Trigger

• Total voters

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
So, here's a list of game projects (both real & hypothetical) I would donate to if I could. Feel free to add in your own entries and reasons why.

Naturally, while I would love to have all these games made, I would also like to have each of their respective Spiritual Successors released alongside them so that consumers can have more to choose from.

These are in no particular order:

• Shenmue III and/or a possible Shenmue IV
  • Azrael vs. Taskmaster crossover game made by the Shadow of Morder devs.
  • Shadowman 3 and/or a Shadowman Reboot (that plays like a Darksiders game)
  • Fable IV
  • Legacy of Kain: Dark Prophecy and/or Dead Sun
  • Mighty No. 9
  • ReCore
  • HD Remake of Legend of Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
  • Devil May Cry 5
  • Devil May Cry Zero (a reboot or reimagining of the first game that's more in line with Classic DMC)
  • Vagrant Story II
  • Harry Potter (with Vagrant Story gameplay)
  • Parasite Eve IV
  • Silent Hill 2 Remake & Spiritual Successor (a fusion of Amnesia and I Am Alive)
  • Red Ash: The Indelible Legend
  • Thief 5 and/or a Thief Reboot
  • Dishonored 2 & 3
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake (the next one)
  • Dark Cloud 3
  • Yakuza 14: Western Samurai Cowboy Steampunk Top Hat Edition
  • Medieval Rogues (Forest Survival-Action Game combining Dark Souls and Rust)
  • Salt and Sanctuary (2D Dark Souls Spiritual Successor)
  • Death's Gambit (another 2D DS SS)
  • Bloodborne 2
  • Ninja Theory's Limbo Saber (made-up title to next possible NT game)
  • DmC2 (because hey, why not?) -- DmC2 would most likely be developed more in the style of Classic DMC, in any case.
  • Phantasy Star Rebirth (using Phantasy Star Portable's game mechanics)
  • Smash Bros Metroidvania (The Great Maze) Spiritual Successor
  • Persona 6: When Emos Attack
  • Darksiders III and IV
  • Kingdoms of Amalur 2 and/or Kingdoms of Amalur Online
  • Silent Hills
  • Allison Road (PT Spiritual Successor)
  • Kitchen (another PT-inspired title)
  • Remember Me 2
  • Alpha Protocol Reboot
  • Historical Ninjutsu Series (Sengoku Sentinel)
  • Zelda May Cry: Sword of Honor (no, I'm not counting Hyrule Warriors)
  • Ninja Gaiden Metroidvania (2D and/or 3D) Spiritual Successor
  • Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
  • Yooka-Laylee 2: Trowser Snake's Adventure
  • Sleeping Dogs 2: Kowloon Crimewave
  • DMC Spiritual Successor: The Ninth Circle
  • Infamous 4
  • Prototype 3
  • Capcom All-Stars HD: Fate of Ten Worlds
  • Mirror's Edge Cataclysm 2: Into Darkness
  • Arkham Asylum SS
  • The Dark Knight Rises

Last edited:

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
Well if I wasn't a pleb with no money I would support plenty of games.
Two in particular that com e to mind are
1: Onimusha...loved that series and want more of it.
2: Another Dino Crisis, I don't c are if its a reboot or just DC4, so long as long as it doesnt take place in space.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Well, since I love Witcher 3 so much, I'd love for there to be a Playation release for the first 2 games, if it was asked, I'm sure plenty of PS users who didn't get to experience them, but loved Witcher 3, would gladly help fund a release.

Also, I watched Angry Joe's Harry Potter's vid earlier, and he threw out the idea of a RPG set in Harry Potter. The more I thought about it, I thought it was a good idea

Last edited:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
There was a 2D isometric-view Harry Potter turn-based RPG on the GBA... but that's been long forgotten (even though it was halfway-decent in its own right).

I think that having a Harry Potter game with Vagrant Story gameplay (like I said in my original post) would probably be the best option.
Another Dino Crisis, I don't c are if its a reboot or just DC4, so long as long as it doesnt take place in space.
Well, when it comes to survival-horror, I myself would prefer to make a game that combines Amnesia with I Am Alive (just now added to the OP).

A game like that would go a long way to revitalizing the horror genre (alongside PT, Allison Road and Kitchen, I mean).

Last edited:

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
Well, when it comes to survival-horror, I myself would prefer to make a game that combines Amnesia with I Am Alive (just now added to the OP).

A game like that would go a long way to revitalizing the horror genre (alongside PT, Allison Road and Kitchen, I mean).
Dino Crisis was really only survival horror for the first game. The second one was more like and arcade shooter where you were encouraged to combat the dinosaurs rather than run. I liked the second one m ore so that would be what I would lean toward a developer making

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Shining Force.

Scrap the remake and the spin-offs. Re-do Shining Force III in 16-bit and carry on from there until I'm dead.

(Make it happen, Sega!)

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Well, since I love Witcher 3 so much, I'd love for there to be a Playation release for the first 2 games, if it was asked, I'm sure plenty of PS users who didn't get to experience them, but loved Witcher 3, would gladly help fund a release.

Fun fact (or actually not so fun): did you know that CD Projekt actually did want to port the first Witcher to PS3, but the project didn't go well and they risked bankrupt cause of it?

On topic: I chose DMC and Sleeping Dogs, but dude. Freaking Enemy Territory: Quake Wars and Neverwinter Nights. I would pay in no time.

Satsui no Hado

BUY ONE THOUSAND GIFTS!!!
Yooka Laylee
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance 2
Devil May Cry 5
And you better believe that I'd fun No More Heroes 3, been waiting on that game for a looooooooooooooong time.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
2. The PS3 is not dead yet, still has plenty of life & shouldn't be tossed aside by developers just because they have a shiny new toy.

PS3 is an old console, with way too obsolete hardware and an architecture which is also complicated to develop for. Continuing taking an old console into account means stopping progress in the technical field. And mind you, technical improvent also mean gameplay improvement. It's not just graphics.

It should be tossed aside.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
The pushing for the improvement of technology is flimsy at best when the excuse is just because.

What did I say in my post? Technical improvements also mean gameplay improvements. It doesn't necessarily have to be made "just because". Don't just think of graphics when I say "technical".

Also, PS3's architecture is a pain in the ass for developers. They can only benefit from not having to develop on it anymore.

And since there's indy developers making games for PS4 that look like they should be on the PS3 or even PSP for that matter, i just don't agree with your point.

I'm talking the big industry, darling.

Last edited:
Top Bottom