• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Games that consumed your life

Meg

I saw this on another website and thought it was a good topic. Sooo, what games did you absolutely love to a point it took over your life? Fan boy/girl-ness is recommended.
For me weeeell-

Oh gees. DMC3, Oblivion, COD4, inFAMOUS, Uncharted 2, and Killzone 2 were all games that consumed my life for months. Now currently its FFXIII. Its the only FF game I really like (the rest ranking from crap to meh) and my oh my is it awesome! I finished it two weeks ago and I'm still playing it, doing side missions and such. Now if you don't mind I'm going to ramble about each one.

DMC3- HOLY #%^& OH ALL THAT IS GOOD AND BEAUTIFUL! :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub: And then the special edition came out...

Oblivion- The best summer ever. Soooo many hours spent playing this masterpiece of a game. Never has an RPG sucked me in so much and made me want to waste away the day playing it like Oblivion. Well, that is until-

Final Fantasy XIII- How do I sum up the awesomeness that is FFXIII? Oh I got it! Lightning. :cool:

Call of Duty 4- Best freaking multiplayer to ever grace my TV screen. Beat MW2 by a mile. I didn't pay much attention to the single player campaign because I was so into playing online.

inFAMOUS- Didn't get as consumed with this game as others but its really really good and also my first platinum, so its on the list.

Uncharted 2- Second platinum. Played it to death. Favorite game of all time. Nathan Drake is the best game character ever! (For those of you that care- Drake is the best, Dante is the coolest, Lightning is the most BA (and b*tchy;)))

Killzone 2- I was in the same multiplayer match for an hour. Yeah, it lasted that long. It was super intense and the greatest multiplayer match I ever played. Oh, and I played through the story mode three times in a row.

Alright I'm done. What about you guys? :lol:

Meg

Angelo Credo;233623 said:
Ugh.
Fallout 3.
400 hours of my life. Gone.

*Wins thread*

o_O That's more hours then all of mine combined! (maybe) *hands big shiny trophy and cookie*

Nicodemus Zamoran

The Hellslayer Knight
I would say, Golden Sun 2 for the GBA. I spent thousands of hours playing that one game, beating it hundreds of times, yet, I never got tired of it.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Games that consumed my life? Halo series. Gears of War series. Devil May Cry series. I constantly play ALL of those games, and until something better comes out, I'll be playing them forever. x_x

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
It was a good 400 hours though.
100 of them were spent on my PC strolling through the wastelands in Space Marine armour, with a squad of 6 followers, killing everything that got in my way.
What can I say, the mod community for that game is HUUUUUGE.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Space Marine armor in Fallout 3? As in 40k SM? I wish people could mod games on the 360 v_v

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
Devil May Cry 3.
My whole fifth grade summer...gone. I stayed up 48 hours straight once, just playing that game. ._." Eventually every thing I say in DMC3 started to look like a phallic symbol. About 500+ hours I played that whole summer. *Sorry, but I just won the thread, Credo! :p*

And then there's Heavy Rain. The weekend I got it? That's all I did that whole weekend. I'm thinking this game is going to steal this summer from me.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
BlueDevil;233630 said:
Space Marine armor in Fallout 3? As in 40k SM? I wish people could mod games on the 360 v_v

Yes, as in 40k Space Marines, there are people working on a complete 40k overhaul for the game as well, stripping away the original content and modding the entire game to take place in the 40k universe. xD

Ronan

oakheart
Premium
DMC3
Oblivion
The Sims
Budokai Tenkaichi 3

May I just say one thing about Oblivion? I absolutely loved that game, spent days upon weeks playing as my Nord knight named Taven. I was almost through with the whole thing, sidequests and all, when...
My mother deleted my save.

Now I'm replaying as a Wood Elf...-_-

MochaCub

ReadzMangaS
These are the games that have eaten away huge chunks of time so far since I started gaming, lol.

Dead or Alive Ultimate 2, Diablo II, Devil May Cry 1 and 3, Bayonetta, DJMax Portable, Jump Ultimate Stars, Borderlands, Resident Evil 4, Rival Schools, Fear Effect, Streets of Rage 3, Battle Arena Toshinden, Tekken 2, Tecmo Stackers, Soul Calibur 2, Pokemon Blue, FFX, Blazblue, Mortal Kombat Trilogy, Goldeneye 007, Bloody Roar 2 and Jet Set Radio Future.

Satsui no Hado

BUY ONE THOUSAND GIFTS!!!
As for games that have dined on my time:
Resident Evil 4
Devil May Cry 3
Metal Gear Solid 1-4
Bayonetta
God of War 1 and 2
Grand Theft Auto:San Andreas and 4
Batman:Arkahm Asylum
No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time,Majoras Mask,Wind Waker,Twilight Princess
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Prototype
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Left4dead 1-2
and finally Pokemon:Red,Crystal,Emerald,Firered,Colleseum,Gale of Darkness and Stadium 1 and 2.

aka958

Don't trust people
Oh? You win the thread Dani?

Starcraft = 1000+ hours
Hows that? I can't define it, but if it is so addictive for me to play it every day as much as I can for two years. It's ALOT more than this.

Devil May Cry 3: 300+ hours
Devil May Cry 4: 160+ hours
Dissidia Final Fantasy: 390+ hours
Final Fantasy X: 250+ hours

Oblivion: 500+ hours
I've restarted it so many times, all to play a more roleplaying style. It always ends up with me slaying a whole town though...

Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core: 300+ hours
I've restarted this game for a low level game, I've taken that low level game save multiples of times to restart the game with a normal game, having my low level game save file left. This game knows how to get me, always makes me shed tears with the ending... ALWAYS! WHYYY!!!???

Super Mario 64: 350+ hours
I restarted it over and over when I was a little kid. Now it's generic and far too easy for me, give me a N64 with a Super Mario 64 cartridge and give me two full days and you got a new file with 120 stars. :cool:

Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones: 140+ hours
I played through it alot of times, I could actually speed kill almost all enemies that were able to be speed killed, even those standing almost next to each others.

Final Fantasy XIII: 100+ hours
Friggin' thing keeps me playing by screwing up adamantoises! There is no fun in killing only adamatoises and a few soldiers in between!

Final Fantasy XII: 170+ hours
Finished the games once, started over with the beginning around 8 times. Still trying to grind my way on my main save file to get the best stuff and slay the biggest bosses.

Final Fantasy VIII: 150+ hours
First FF game that I played, of course it consumed my life!

That's my list, for now. I'll add more when I'll remember about them.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
DMC 1 and 3
Final Fantasy 7, 8, 9, 10 and 13
Tekken Tag!
Fable
Kingdom Hearts
That's all I can think of at the mo'

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
No game consumes my life.I consume their time,with nearly every game having about 200+ hours SAVED OR WRITTEN!Can't remember the times I forgot to save,corrupted save etc,etc

And yes that applies to all my games.Even Crisis Core has 100+ hours saved I can safelly say that a good 100 hours were out of the game because of my stupidity.

Thread win.

Leonhart.

Flawless Assassin
Final Fantasy Series: about 1 year (It's not a joke)
Call of Duty 4: 550+ hours
Modern Warfare 2: 350+ hours
Devil May Cry 3: 150+ hours

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Hmm lets see
most definitely the Metal Gear Solid series they get me everytime.
Spiderman 2 because swinging through New York was so addictive.
Mario Land 2
Starfox on the snes
Grend Theft Auto 3
Tomb Raider 2
The Godfather 2
Dead Rising

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Star Fox series
Star Soldier: Vanishing Earth (for a simple seven stage shmup, it's taken almost 400+ hours outta my life, it's that addictive)
Kingdom Hearts
Metroid Prime series (This is the one. I've invested more than 1200+ hours into the series as a whole. My goal is 1500.)
And, of course, the entire DMC series, with DMC2 taking the most time played at 130 hours.

Top Bottom