• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Gamefrontdotcom Pre-E3 interview

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"

Just favorite youtube gamer who have done so many walkthroughs having an interview with Sir.Alex jones of capcom.

Gbraga

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Alex confirmed we won't have more playable characters.

VERGIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL

But again, Alex also said just last week that the game was coming out in 2012 so...

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
He didn't directly say there will be no other playable characters, he just said that they will focus on Dante's story. If they have more playable characters but don't give them their own part of the story than it would not take the focus away from Dante's story meaning his statement would still be 100% true without actually revealing any information (which is consistent with Capcom and Ninja Theory's behavior in previous interviews about DmC.)

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
I really feeled that they will not allow gamers to play in Co-op, propably NT gives this as DLC when game will be on sell.

Gbraga

He didn't directly say there will be no other playable characters, he just said that they will focus on Dante's story. If they have more playable characters but don't give them their own part of the story than it would not take the focus away from Dante's story meaning his statement would still be 100% true without actually revealing any information (which is consistent with Capcom and Ninja Theory's behavior in previous interviews about DmC.)
Well, I guess it is possible.

Playable only in the extra modes.

But I wish they went more arcade, stopped carying so much about the story (I LOVE good stories, but when you're playing a second, third or fourth time, you're not playing for the story anymore) and just let Vergil be playable with Dante in the cutscenes, I just wanna play another character.

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Alex confirmed we won't have more playable characters.

VERGIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL

But again, Alex also said just last week that the game was coming out in 2012 so...
DMC 3 didnt have vergil either, people had to buy the special edition to play as him

Nelo_Vergil

And so calledblack sheep ofseries DMC 2.

I mean aviability to play two characters

the difference bewteen 2 and 4 is that 2 pulled off the having two main characters. They didn't take away from other and had unique gameplay styles with their own story thats connected to the main plot. Where it went wrong however was that dante's personality was drastically changed and his character as a whole wasn't given enough attention as well as themain plot not being very..... it was shallow i think is the best i can put it.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Wow what a weird guy. He spit on Alex like 3 times.

ANyways Dante will probably have multiple skins either unlocked after beating the game or (if they want to be stupid about it) additional DLC. Maybe even a pre-ordered skin as well.

Top Bottom