• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Game series that just needs to go on a hiatus

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
What? I know for a fact you never played DmC.

Also, why are you talking sh!t about Inafune anyway? He has nothing to do with Devil May Cry. He's never even worked on any of the games. When it comes to Capcom's IPs he's the dude behind MegaMan and Onimusha.

Lets not forget Dead Rising and Lost Planet sort of.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
COD needs to go on hiatus, that's for sure. It's the same stuff over and over every year. Only problem, it's still selling well. :/

Assassin's creed: As much as I loved 1 and 2, everything after is just not as good. I'm not getting 4 until it takes a serious price drop.

Final Fantasy: I love the FF games, but they're starting to go downhill. Sure, they look nice, but the games just aren't the same as the classic SNES or PS games.

Mass Effect: I wish they had stopped at 3, but I hear they are making more. They need to stop it at a trillogy before the quality really goes downhill. Besides, I don't know how they are going to recreate the awesomeness of the first 3 games.

IncarnatedDemon

What? I know for a fact you never played DmC.

Also, why are you talking sh!t about Inafune anyway? He has nothing to do with Devil May Cry. He's never even worked on any of the games. When it comes to Capcom's IPs he's the dude behind MegaMan and Onimusha.
He made a statement that led to rebooting of dmc.
He was even there when the design for NTDante was being made.

apcom Global Head of Production Keiji Inafune has revealed that Devil May Cry 5 is in development, and that they’re applying a bit of a “western touch” in order to attract overseas consumers. Apparently, even though the franchise has a well-numbered fan-base, sales aren’t so great on the western front.
Devil May Cry 5 is a game that, when started development, this will change a lot in relation to the above.” Inafune told 3DJuegos. “The reason is that, despite the franchise has some very loyal followers, their sales are not particularly high, especially overseas.
“For this reason, it is likely that in the fifth chapter will incorporate certain “Western touch” to make it more attractive to American and European players.”
Earlier this year, it was rumored that Ninja Theory is currently working on Devil May Cry 5. Ninja Theory refused to deny that claim. Around late June, Inafune said that Devil May Cry 5 would be “custom-tailored to what the fans want”.
Has nothing to do with dmc? cut your bs already...

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
He made a statement that led to rebooting of dmc.
He was even there when the design for NTDante was being made.

Has nothing to do with dmc? cut your bs already...

HE DOESN'T WORK ON DEVIL MAY CRY.

Google it if you have to and look at his work. He doesn't have a single Devil May Cry under his belt. You're acting like it's his fault and you clearly just don't understand how things work. He use to be one of the higher ups at Capcom. Who spoke for that company.

You have a problem with Inafune for no real reason. He doesn't even work for Capcom anymore.

Why don't you just quit it with the DmC hate already? The game is out and about and there's nothing you can do to change that. Enough, seriously.

You have never played the game. You are the uber biased fanboy that hates it for no real reason. You have no opinion of your own. You are the prime example of the stereotypical stubborn fanboy who can't handle change whatsoever. You just want what you like and condemn anything that doesn't meet your personal preference or vision. You don't listen to reason. It's like you don't have common sense. You don't listen to a thing.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I'm going watch Talespin.

Jwr5tCK.gif

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
HE DOESN'T WORK ON DEVIL MAY CRY.

Google it if you have to and look at his work. He doesn't have a single Devil May Cry under his belt. You're acting like it's his fault and you clearly just don't understand how things work. He use to be one of the higher ups at Capcom. Who spoke for that company.

You have a problem with Inafune for no real reason. He doesn't even work for Capcom anymore.

Why don't you just quit it with the DmC hate already? The game is out and about and there's nothing you can do to change that. Enough, seriously.

You have never played the game. You are the uber biased fanboy that hates it for no real reason. You have no opinion of your own. You are the prime example of the stereotypical stubborn fanboy who can't handle change whatsoever. You just want what you like and condemn anything that doesn't meet your personal preference or vision. You don't listen to reason. It's like you don't have common sense. You don't listen to a thing.

You two are like 2 peas in a pod. How cute.

He is clearly and obviously referring to it was Inafune's decision to reboot or westernize DMC considering he was talking heavily about DMC5 catering to a western market prior to him leaving Capcom and not only that even before and leaving and even after leaving Capcom for a while he was on some sh*t about how Japanese devs needs to be more like Western devs and was smoking some Western weed (now he seems to have stopped.....perhaps).

I mean someone had to come up with the idea to reboot DMC. Its not like everyone at Capcom had a board meeting and all simultaneously decided to reboot DMC. Its not like the CEO, COO, President, or whoever he is makes everyone's decisions. Usually an individual (a higher up can make decisions) and the president and other higher board members must approve of said decision.

We don't really know whose idea was it to reboot DMC or westernize it but evidence points strongly to Keiji Inafune but reasoning. It could've been he thought westernizing and rebooting DMC would be beneficial but his true motives may have been revenge. Capcom cancelled Legends 3, a game he was really excited to make, so he have them reboot and westernize DMC and have them (NT) drastically change up Dante's design and then leaves Capcom months before DmC's announcement. GENIUS I SAY. QUITE CUNNING INDEED INAFUNE-SAN.

Nah.....I'm mostly kidding though but he may have had a role in the decision to reboot/westernize DmC due to him talking a lot about DMC5 catering to a western audience and his west beats east (Japan) phase he was in before he left Capcom and after he left Capcom.

It could be him or Eishiro Motohide since he was hoping DmC would sell 5 million units so he was pretty happy about DmC or just really hopeful it does well and broaden the DMC audience (that was its goal).

IncarnatedDemon

Did i say he was involved in a Devil May cry game? No, i am just pointing out that he is a major reason why a reboot happened.
Its not freaking rocket science...
Inafune "Japanese doomed, need to learn from westerns"
Inafune "Dmc (reboot) westernized to attract westerns"

What is it you dont get?

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
It's fun the first time around for a few hours but, it gets really repetitive and really boring.
And the god awful A.I it looks like 10 yr olds on crack design them they're horrendous ! the only excuse for a "Difficulty" there really is that you die in one hit like in heaven or hell mode other than that you're still playing the same garbage of a game.
I dont give a sh1t about the dude, so i did not know he had a kickstarter.
That's rude.. :( he's the daddy of the great game series MEGAMAN ! or as you'd people in japan as Rockman ! just FYI its a great game !
Yet they still ditch the BC reboot to go back to the original series right after making a reboot rendering the reboot pointless.
Well you can call it whatever you like but the the future of the franchise was kinda tied to that reboot didn't it ? its just like resident evil even if we get a Resident evil 2&3 remake on next gen consoles its still not going to advance the series in anyway.. its just like POP forgotten sands its forgotten nonetheless.

>MegaMan X was planned as a reboot with Zero as the "new MegaMan"
it could've been an interesting game but everyone got a great game so no one complained i like both ZX series and original X series zero is an awesome protagonist,btw it kinda reminds me of "TGS Dante"
dante.jpg
Ooh look he's SO WASTED&EMO !! HA HA HA XD TGS dante you poor thing.

> and how is DmC any different for it too was an re-imagining.
Well it changes the themes,art style,narrative,drastic personality changes,the contemporary world etc etc.

I think there are enough changes to warrant this as reboot rather than a re-imagining of previous games actually i think DMC 4 was a "Re-imagining" of DMC 1 but failed.

>its not that easy plenty of people have bought Japanese games for a certain style or charm that a lot of Western games lack.

its a niche market you're talking about and Japanese developers are craving for spreading their audience outside of its niche market while you and i may appreciate japanese aesthetics not every common joe is going to.

>If all or plenty of Japanese devs decides they want to be like western devs a lot of games will cease to lose variety
Actually Capcom is the only Japanese dev i know is bold enough to do this all other japanese devs are just stuck in their own well,

Sometimes i really wish great games like YS&legend of heroes actually goes for a more western approach it will seriously murder Zelda or any ARPG on the market i guarantee that !

>Also are you sure people won't frown upon them considering a lot of their attempts at westernization ended up in failure

IDK what you mean by a "failure" but DmC is pretty solid game it just didn't break any records in terms of sales. and DMC 4 was only "highest selling" because it was multi-platform.

Actually if you go by the figures you'll see that it mostly sold less in japan more than anywhere else..so yeah Capcom actually took risk by not pandering their japanese fanbase who love sappy love stories and whiny teenagers like Nero.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
They should rename this thread "I Don't Like This Game Series (Anymore) So They Should Stop Making Them (For a while)"

I do agree with some cases such as RE and CoD as well as AC and perhaps FF as well as ME but some reasoning seems extremely petty.

Besides if a series ongoing status bother you as much then
Ignore-300x199.jpg
It

I only belief if the series is exhibiting some major problems (sales, quality, and etc) is when it becomes an issue.

AC was fine even with it being yearly release since each game was an improvement over the other and brimming with more content and kept the general market satisfied now AC4 doesn't even seem like AC anymore.

REs problem is something that can be solved easily no need for a long hiatus, unless you want to rethink the story and the possibilities.

CoD's problem won't go away if it goes on hiatus. If CoD goes on hiatus another generic shooter will take its place or fill its shoes (possibly Battlefield or Titanfall).

FF's problem is brand problem, gameplay wise its still good and trying new things. In all fairness its not FF is the problem its FF13. FF15 looks amazing.

KH..............really??? I don't see a problem with KH series outside an overly convoluted story.

Someone mentioned Pokemon.....that made me facepalm.

If anything Mario needs an hiatus because it shows signs when all the current games are rehashes of the old and a new game is a previous game with one character removed.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
And the god awful A.I it looks like 10 yr olds on crack design them they're horrendous ! the only excuse for a "Difficulty" there really is that you die in one hit like in heaven or hell mode other than that you're still playing the same garbage of a game.That's rude.. :( he's the daddy of the great game series MEGAMAN ! or as you'd people in japan as Rockman ! just FYI its a great game !Well you can call it whatever you like but the the future of the franchise was kinda tied to that reboot didn't it ? its just like resident evil even if we get a Resident evil 2&3 remake on next gen consoles its still not going to advance the series in anyway.. its just like POP forgotten sands its forgotten nonetheless.

>MegaMan X was planned as a reboot with Zero as the "new MegaMan"
it could've been an interesting game but everyone got a great game so no one complained i like both ZX series and original X series zero is an awesome protagonist,btw it kinda reminds me of "TGS Dante"
dante.jpg
Ooh look he's SO WASTED&EMO !! HA HA HA XD TGS dante you poor thing.

> and how is DmC any different for it too was an re-imagining.
Well it changes the themes,art style,narrative,drastic personality changes,the contemporary world etc etc.

I think there are enough changes to warrant this as reboot rather than a re-imagining of previous games actually i think DMC 4 was a "Re-imagining" of DMC 1 but failed.

>its not that easy plenty of people have bought Japanese games for a certain style or charm that a lot of Western games lack.

its a niche market you're talking about and Japanese developers are craving for spreading their audience outside of its niche market while you and i may appreciate japanese aesthetics not every common joe is going to.

>If all or plenty of Japanese devs decides they want to be like western devs a lot of games will cease to lose variety
Actually Capcom is the only Japanese dev i know is bold enough to do this all other japanese devs are just stuck in their own well,

Sometimes i really wish great games like YS&legend of heroes actually goes for a more western approach it will seriously murder Zelda or any ARPG on the market i guarantee that !

>Also are you sure people won't frown upon them considering a lot of their attempts at westernization ended up in failure

IDK what you mean by a "failure" but DmC is pretty solid game it just didn't break any records in terms of sales. and DMC 4 was only "highest selling" because it was multi-platform.

Actually if you go by the figures you'll see that it mostly sold less in japan more than anywhere else..so yeah Capcom actually took risk by not pandering their japanese fanbase who love sappy love stories and whiny teenagers like Nero.

It sold less everywhere else too. So what DmC was multi-platform (3 platforms) too and it still underperformed compared to DMC1-3 which were on only one platform.

In England it sold 1/3 of what DMC4 sold and DMC4 only sold like 400k units in Japan and sold 2 million of the rest of the world where DmC sold barely half of that.

If anything DMC4 succeeded more in getting a larger western consumer base than DmC did. A game that "panders to a Japanese fanbase" sold more in the west than a game that pandered to the western market.

Where is your rebuttal?

Also, DMC1 is the highest selling DMC game in Japan.

I see no point in debating over if Japanese devs should adopt a more western style would like to see western devs try to adopt a more Japanese style well WayForward is pretty good example.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
They should rename this thread "I Don't Like This Game Series (Anymore) So They Should Stop Making Them (For a while)"
That's B.S !! i just just listed that i loved some of these game ! i loved assassins creed 1&2 and i loved NFS but i seriously do no appreciate milking them dry and i CANNOT "Ignore" the degradation of a franchise.

>I only belief if the series is exhibiting some major problems (sales, quality, and etc) is when it becomes an issue.
Thank goodness you finally got the point of this thread !! yes there is an issue i have with these games its evolutionary stagnation and overall quality degradation because of annual releases.

>REs problem is something that can be solved easily
tumblr_mbq5pyzZaw1qdcxoeo1_500.gif

>If CoD goes on hiatus another generic shooter will take its place or fill its shoes (possibly Battlefield or Titanfall).
LOL funny but i think that if CoD goes down it would bring down the focus from FPS games in general sure other shooters will try to grab onto whatever they get but the damage would be done.

>FF15 looks amazing/KH..............really???
Yes&yes they both need to go away ! stop milking the series i just don't like this much whoring from any game franchise if GTA was like this i wouldn't be a loyal fan.

>Someone mentioned Pokemon.....that made me facepalm.
Oh wait you didn't notice it was me ? for someone with a sign of pokemons wearing monocles you sure can't see very well :D

>If anything Mario needs an hiatus because it shows signs
Now that's certainly interesting.... facepalm for pokemon hiatus(which is basically the same game over and over)but mario who has like a bazillion of game series which can actually be creative and fun needs a hiatus ? that's really funny.

EDIT:
It sold less everywhere else too.
But it is stated especially in eastern market it didn't appeal to them.. Capcom abandoned their own local market for an overseas one ! that's gutsy.

And yourargument of DMC 4 sold more than DmC is pointless is DMC 4 was actually a continuation of the series and DmC wasn't.. hence shouldn't be compared with a franchise with an established fanbase.
Where is your rebuttal?
DmC is great game nonetheless it wipes the floor with DMC 4 anyday and "KYRIIIIIIIIIIIIIE" nonsense.
I see no point in debating over if Japanese devs should adopt a more western style would like to see western devs try to adopt a more Japanese style well WayForward is pretty good example.
I see where you're coming from and sorry to disappoint you but Anime style isn't really Japanese it was inspired from Disney and everyone knows that.

Cartoons generally appeal to everyone so drawing in an anime style shouldn't be a problem Pokemon is the best example of that its 100% Japanese imagination and yet appeals to the fantasy of kids around the globe !! cartoons are like the only exception of cultural barrier.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
That's B.S !! i just just listed that i loved some of these game ! i loved assassins creed 1&2 and i loved NFS but i seriously do no appreciate milking them dry and i CANNOT "Ignore" the degradation of a franchise.

>I only belief if the series is exhibiting some major problems (sales, quality, and etc) is when it becomes an issue.
Thank goodness you finally got the point of this thread !! yes there is an issue i have with these games its evolutionary stagnation and overall quality degradation because of annual releases.

>REs problem is something that can be solved easily
tumblr_mbq5pyzZaw1qdcxoeo1_500.gif

>If CoD goes on hiatus another generic shooter will take its place or fill its shoes (possibly Battlefield or Titanfall).
LOL funny but i think that if CoD goes down it would bring down the focus from FPS games in general sure other shooters will try to grab onto whatever they get but the damage would be done.

>FF15 looks amazing/KH..............really???
Yes&yes they both need to go away ! stop milking the series i just don't like this much whoring from any game franchise if GTA was like this i wouldn't be a loyal fan.

>Someone mentioned Pokemon.....that made me facepalm.
Oh wait you didn't notice it was me ? for someone with a sign of pokemons wearing monocles you sure can't see very well :D

>If anything Mario needs an hiatus because it shows signs
Now that's certainly interesting.... facepalm for pokemon hiatus(which is basically the same game over and over)but mario who has like a bazillion of game series which can actually be creative and fun needs a hiatus ? that's really funny.

Ah hello isn't any game in a series the same sh*t over and over again (Unless there is a spin off or becomes a big genre changer like RE4 which is not often).

If Revelations was any signs then it seems it seems very easy to return to RE's old formula especially since the guys who made RE6 were in fact dudes who make DMC games and Revelations was made by an actual RE dev team. So fixing RE's problem is quite simple especially if Revelations already showed them how now its really a matter of story.

Pokemon lets focus on that.

Signs???

Such as cause I still play each game and each game or entry (minus the re-releases or directors cut version) are usually great additions to the series and loaded with new and creative ideas and a lot of additions and changes that affects wifi battling, training, and etc and with the new X and Y made significant amount of changes and additions such as character customization, Super Training, you can ride Pokemon on land and they exhibit new abilities such as being able to jump over ledges and road blocks, a new type (Fairy), and most of all Mega Evolutions as well as an alteration to the weakness cycle making Poison and Steel types relevant, nerfing the OP Dragon and making Fire even more useful. Now the jump to full 3D models and lots more other details (adding salons, etc).

I really don't see any signs of Pokemon needing to go on break anytime soon especially if there are millions of fans who still enjoy the series immensely.

If you hate milk series so much how are you a MegaMan fan? That series is the personification of whoring/milking even when it debut we would get a new MegaMan and MegaMan X game ever 6 months and it was literally the same sh*t over and over and over again. MegaMan Zero didn't change much outside how you got power ups and MegaMan ZX didn't change much either as it resorted back to MegaMan X's formula instead boss weapons are boss transformations. The only ones that stood out were Battle Network and Starforce but those had their own formulaic method (except BN4 but it was disappointing) recycled throughout each game.

Reactions: V

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Ah hello isn't any game in a series the same sh*t over and over again
No... at least not like pokemon DMC's gamepaly evolved GTA series's graphics improved by 10 fold and the euphoria physics and still great.

>If Revelations was any signs then it seems it seems very easy to return to RE's old formula
Revelations was a handheld game and even then it still had the chris redfield's gears of war gameplay.. basically that is what ruined RE6 i loved ada wong's campaign but i couldn't ignore the fact that the whole game was built around mostly for combat.

RE6's lack of diction ruined itself.. if even revelations has a Chris redfield gears of war MPD then i don't really have much faith left anymore.

>especially since the guys who made RE6 were in fact dudes who make DMC games
Games devs are games devs it doesn't matter who they are ! kamiya directed RE2 DUH !

>So fixing RE's problem is quite simple especially if Revelations.
So you're telling me that a band-aid on a brain tumor works ??

Revelations doesn't even compare to the original RE trilogy the series is literally begging for mercy killing after the abominable RE6&raccoon ****ty.
Pokemon lets focus on that.
Let's not.
I really don't see any signs of Pokemon needing to go on break anytime soon especially if there are millions of fans who still enjoy the series immensely.
A hardcore assassins creed fan:AC 3 introduced naval fights,revelations introduced hook climbing,brotherhood introduced guilds so i don't see why Assassins creed should take a break when there are lots of idiots like me ready to eat up any regurgitated garbage ubisoft throws at us every year.

>If you hate milk series so much how are you a MegaMan fan?
Oh wait ! i'm not allowed to love megaman because some money hungry idiots in capcom milked the series to death like YEARS AGO ? oh wait that actually gives me more reason to hate milking ! its like a thing of a past now... .a clear reminder that milking SUCKS and should be outlawed.

>That series is the personification of whoring/milking
At least it actually died off.. Final formicide is still going on and that one of the oldest franchises ever.
MegaMan Zero didn't change much outside how you got power ups and MegaMan ZX didn't change much either as it resorted back to MegaMan X's formula instead boss weapons are boss transformations
Well you're free to give them ideas on how to "revolutionize" a 2d platformer.. i think that they did a great job with zero giving him a story and his own fighting style.

Oh and BTW you didn't mention the MML really ? it really brought megaman to 3d and mixed it with RPG.
The only ones that stood out were Battle Network and Starforce but those had their own formulaic method (except BN4 but it was disappointing) recycled throughout each game.
I love how you cleverly diverged to topic to "I Don't Like This Game Series (Anymore) So They Should Stop Making Them (For a while)" INSTEAD OF "Actual legit reasons as to why these games should stop pooping up every year!"

IF there was a GTA or DMC every year i'd hate the guts of both series for being degraded to such levels.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Assassin's creed: As much as I loved 1 and 2, everything after is just not as good. I'm not getting 4 until it takes a serious price drop.

Fully agree with this as they are damaging the brand currently with yearly releases.

Reactions: V

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
No... at least not like pokemon DMC's gamepaly evolved GTA series's graphics improved by 10 fold and the euphoria physics and still great.

>If Revelations was any signs then it seems it seems very easy to return to RE's old formula
Revelations was a handheld game and even then it still had the chris redfield's gears of war gameplay.. basically that is what ruined RE6 i loved ada wong's campaign but i couldn't ignore the fact that the whole game was built around mostly for combat.

RE6's lack of diction ruined itself.. if even revelations has a Chris redfield gears of war MPD then i don't really have much faith left anymore.

>especially since the guys who made RE6 were in fact dudes who make DMC games
Games devs are games devs it doesn't matter who they are ! kamiya directed RE2 DUH !

>So fixing RE's problem is quite simple especially if Revelations.
So you're telling me that a band-aid on a brain tumor works ??

Revelations doesn't even compare to the original RE trilogy the series is literally begging for mercy killing after the abominable RE6&raccoon ****ty.Let's not.A hardcore assassins creed fan:AC 3 introduced naval fights,revelations introduced hook climbing,brotherhood introduced guilds so i don't see why Assassins creed should take a break when there are lots of idiots like me ready to eat up any regurgitated garbage ubisoft throws at us every year.

>If you hate milk series so much how are you a MegaMan fan?
Oh wait ! i'm not allowed to love megaman because some money hungry idiots in capcom milked the series to death like YEARS AGO ? oh wait that actually gives me more reason to hate milking ! its like a thing of a past now... .a clear reminder that milking SUCKS and should be outlawed.

>That series is the personification of whoring/milking
At least it actually died off.. Final formicide is still going on and that one of the oldest franchises ever.Well you're free to give them ideas on how to "revolutionize" a 2d platformer.. i think that they did a great job with zero giving him a story and his own fighting style.

Oh and BTW you didn't mention the MML really ? it really brought megaman to 3d and mixed it with RPG.I love how you cleverly diverged to topic to "I Don't Like This Game Series (Anymore) So They Should Stop Making Them (For a while)" INSTEAD OF "Actual legit reasons as to why these games should stop pooping up every year!"

IF there was a GTA or DMC every year i'd hate the guts of both series for being degraded to such levels.

Oh I meant RE4's formula. You know Capcom will never return back to the classic RE1-3 formula (not even Shinji Mikami is using that formula for his Evil Within) and you clearly glossed over Claire's gameplay, which was the main part of the game, and also Revelations was ported and improved on the consoles with extra features and such.

As for Assassin's Creed............I don't get what you're saying.

As for GTA and its 10 year graphical improvement.....wow I'm SSOOOOO impressed....it improved its graphics something every other game (or most games) does over a series of time. It went from barely describable facial features to you can see their faces now and details (they're still plenty of other games with better graphics) but GTAV does look pretty nice. Bravo such an improvement. Revolutionary improvement of the century. GTA and Rockstar should be.....gack...I can't keep that up any longer...seriously WTF!!!

Regardless of how much new things MegaMan Zero did for the MegaMan series it was still a yearly release and it too followed its own formula (with improvements like you know a SEQUEL).

Kamiya was a director and the people who made RE2 was a RE team. Kamiya himself screwed up big time with RE2 and had to go back to Mikami and remake RE2 from the ground up and lets not forget if it wasn't for Mikami DMC1 would've been RE4 (minus the demons and swords). Kamiya wanted to take RE4 in a more action oriented direction when Mikami saw this he had Kamiya make it a new IP. Kamiya was starting in the industry so his particular style (cartoonish action adventure) wasn't cemented in his form and he was basically just doing his job. Making RE4/DMC1 was when he began to show his true colors or personal preference with game design. The guys who made RE6 have been making action games years before working on RE6 so action games was their style and almost zero people on the RE6 dev team had a clue of what RE really was they were basically trying to translate what they saw of RE in the lens of an action game.

However you could be right there since Hideaki Itsuno (director for DMC2-4 and many other action games) did make RE Outbreak.

As for Pokemon each game has revolutionized the series and the only notable aspect of Pokemon that remains over the course of the series are the battle system in terms of concept and the fact you still can only hold 4 moves per Pokemon but over the course of the series they added tons of new aspects to the series that greatly affected the combat system (new moves with new effects that creates more possibilities for move combinations, natures that determine how a Pokemon may behave in battle, items that has various roles in battle, now Mega-Evolutions, Pokerus, and etc and this is just the combat aspects of the improvements) so on the outside it seems the same but playing it is where the differences are extremely noticeable. Do you even play Pokemon (or still do) for if you did you would know you're just blowing sh*t out your a$$.

Now it seems the argument seems to be that "They're yearly releases therefore they need to go on break."

I'm sorry just cause DMC and GTA don't come out every year it doesn't make them any more revolutionary than games that are yearly releases. I'll probably get flack over this but each Pokemon installment (particularly each generation) makes more innovations for its series than DMC and GTA has ever done.

Please get that d*ck out your a$$ that is GTA/Rockstar. GTA is not a series that take its sweet a$$ time with each release either you know.
1997​
Grand Theft Auto PS1
Game Boy Color
2D​
1999​
Grand Theft Auto: London, 1969 PS1
  • Windows
  • MS-DOS
Grand Theft Auto: London, 1961 Windows
Grand Theft Auto 2
Windows Game Boy Color
2001​
Grand Theft Auto III
3D​
2002​
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
  • PS21
  • Xbox
  • Windows
  • Mac OS X
  • iOS
  • Android
2004​
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
  • PS21
  • Xbox2
  • Windows
  • Mac OS X
Grand Theft Auto Advance Game Boy Advance
2005​
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories PS21 PSP
2006​
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories PS21 PSP
2008​
Grand Theft Auto IV
Rockstar North​
Windows
HD​
2009​
Grand Theft Auto: The Lost and Damned
  • PS3
  • Xbox 360
Windows
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
Rockstar Leeds​
iOS
Grand Theft Auto: The Ballad of Gay Tony
Rockstar North​
  • PS3
  • Xbox 360
Windows
2013​
Grand Theft Auto V
  • PS3
  • Xbox 360

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
You know Capcom will never return back to the classic RE1-3 formula (not even Shinji Mikami is using that formula for his Evil Within)
I'm not asking for RE1-3 clunky controls or bad camera angles i want more puzzle solving,actual tense atmosphere and NO GEARS OF WAR SHOOTER ! that is not however going to be the case with RE7 if that ever happens.
As for Assassin's Creed............I don't get what you're saying
Neither do i get anything about your incoherent rambling about pokemone.. its just same frikkin game over and over !

There is no mature Pokemon game ! there is no change is the basic story structure or the gameplay "Revolutionary" my ass ! its the same sh!t over and over.. just like how all kingdom hears is just Final fantasy with disney characters.

>As for GTA and its 10 year graphical improvement.....wow I'm SSOOOOO impressed..
ha ha ? back in 2008 it was one of the best looking games and its physics were also unique for its time not to mention the whole city had a lot of details put into it.

>Revolutionary improvement of the century
Okay.. your bias is kinda hilarious you consider pokemon to be "Revolutionary" when despite being a multi-billion dollar company doesn't try anything new.. unlike that Rockstar actually had many spin-offs based on GTA *AHEM* Red dead ?? Bully ?? need i say more ??

Does pokemon have some gritty manga game adaptations where the characters don't look like deformed midgets ?

>Regardless of how much new things MegaMan Zero did for the MegaMan series it was still a yearly release and it too followed its own formula
Except it was only 4 games and pokemon is like.... going on forever or something ?

Again i don't really get why you're implying as if milking a series is some kind of a good thing which it isn't.

>Kamiya himself screwed up big time with RE2 and had to go back to Mikami
Where is the source for that ?? its only a known fact that RE2 was a much anticipated sequel and its beta was much more conclusive so capcom executives scrapped it it was never stated as "kamiya screwed up" so stop making stuff up.. i myself love the RE1.5 beta.

>Kamiya wanted to take RE4 in a more action oriented direction
It wasn't kamiya's direction the game ended up being like that kamiya just went along with it

>Do you even play Pokemon (or still do) for if you did you would know you're just blowing sh*t out your a$$.
Pokemon fanboi rage detected... you can disagree with me i don't care but you can't judge my opinion.

> "They're yearly releases therefore they need to go on break."
Put it eitherway its the same thing.

>I'm sorry just cause DMC and GTA don't come out every year it doesn't make them any more revolutionary than games that are yearly releases.
Yes they are.. yearly releases are not "Revolutionary" or dare i say barely innovative ? if you're really serious about it then you're the only one who's bullshitting here.

>I'll probably get flack over this but each Pokemon installment (particularly each generation) makes more innovations for its series than DMC and GTA has ever done.
You're sooo correct !! just look at sheer the amount of uncreative pokemon they add everytime and the tedious level grinding !! its seriously rad innovative along with the drab story design too.

>Please get that d*ck out your a$$ that is GTA/Rockstar.
An eloquent argument indeed.
03b.jpg
R*is a wayy better developer/publisher than nazitendo.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Rockstar actually gives a sh!t about quality. They do take their sweet a$$ time. Rockstar North had GTA V in development for over 5 years and they also pushed back the release date a couple times with the simple excuse "We still want to work on it and make it even better."

Ubisoft would never do anything like that.

Some of the things you just copied and pasted was also just DLC packs and re-releases.

Top Bottom