• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Game series that just needs to go on a hiatus

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Aren't there some game series you just feel that needs to go on a vacation for a while ?? the ones you don't even like hearing about them because you're sick of them.

I think there are plenty of game series that could benefit from taking a break of like solid 3 years.
Creed1.jpg

1) Assassins creed- Ah the once unique fun game ruined by annual releases.. the novelty of assassinating people wearing cool clothes just wore off and now it seems like a drab every game is exactly the same and not to mention the creator of AC pretty much gave the finger to ubisoft so its not a wise idea to continue the annual releases.
NFS-Rivals-News-Master.jpg

2) NFS series- As much as i adore Most wanted&carbon i just can't take how much of milking is going on with the series.. just stop EA ! i don't care anymore you're clearly not concerned with quality racing games with deep customization and free-roaming.

You're just making flashy car games with cool graphics and that is NOT NFS ! that's a cheap excuse for an NFS game please take a break of 3 years and come with a racing game which doesn't feel like regurgitated bullcrap !
Cool-Call-Of-Duty-6-Wallpaper-For-Psp.jpg

3) Call of duty- Like do i even have to say why ?? yeah the multiplayer is fun for like 10 minutes until you realize that the game requires no real strategy and NO ONE uses strategies anyway !
Final-Fantasy.jpg

4) FINAL fantasy/kingdom hearts- Okay i'm not a huge JRPG buff but seriously can this series get any more ironic ? and no KH counts because its just a spin off of final fantasy not only do i find this series incredibly overrated its also mind-boggling to see so many releases of these games.
2006-07-15-12-dynastywarriors5empires1.jpg

5) Sengoku basara/Dynasy warriors-Basically any game with mundane broken hack'n'slash which makes you feel like you're not a badass guy plowing through legions of enemies but rather like a bot controlling the pixel count for the game i for one don't know why these type of outdated games are still being made in 2013 it gets boring.. its just like a poor man's DMC with a horrendous A.I.

6) Any sports game series-Fifa,madden,NFL,Virtua tennis,golf you name it ! it just the saaame sh!t over and over and over why not make a DLC ? if all they're gonna change is some roster and music ?
RES._6.gif

7) Resident evil-Its like a zombie series now.. its dead but is coming back to life in an ugly abominable shape since RE4.. and i've just heard that capcom is already working on RE7 like WTF ? WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FU*K ? just go away RE series no one likes you !

There's a lesson to be learnt from Rockstar they didn't pretend like lost&dammed or ballad of gay tony were anything more than an expansion pack whereas these so called "Annual releases" are just that and they released the sequel for GTA 4 5 years later that's 5 solid years till you can expect a good game.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
DMC needs a long hiatus so Capcom could get their sh*t together and do a DMC game right. DmC is obviously not coming back anytime soon since NT is already working on their next game. Plus, I think, Like Kamiya, NT doesn't really do sequels. I know there was talk of a HS 2 but that didn't last long.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
DMC needs a long hiatus so Capcom could get their sh*t together and do a DMC game right. DmC is obviously not coming back anytime soon since NT is already working on their next game. Plus, I think, Like Kamiya, NT doesn't really do sequels. I know there was talk of a HS 2 but that didn't last long.
LOL its already on a hiatus last DMC game was released on 2008 already 5 years.

kinda wanted to mention pokemon too.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
LOL its already on a hiatus last DMC game was released on 2008 already 5 years.

And yet, Capcom still doesn't know what to do. But if they do go back to DMC, then that'll show they can't hold to their guns and will be looked at by other developers as a bit of a punk, and we all know how prideful Capcom is.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
And yet, Capcom still doesn't know what to do. But if they do go back to DMC, then that'll show they can't hold to their guns and will be looked at by other developers as a bit of a punk, and we all know how prideful Capcom is.
They've tried once rebooting it.. it didn't do much better than DMC 4.. so its just shelved and might come back as a browser RPG game sometime >_>

I don't really think they intend to go back to DMC considering the fact that they're the ones who forced the reboot onto NT in the first place and well let's just face it we never got a DMC 2... we never really got a true sequel and we never will unless kamiya&team little devils is involved which can actually progress the story and flesh out DMC 1 dante's character without making him into a clown.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!

Capcom has done that plenty of times before nothing stopped them before.

Bionic Commando reboot did poorly guess what. They want back to the original series (that is decades old) with Bionic Commando Re-armed 1 and 2. Fans, gamers, and critics loved it.

MegaMan X was a huge success and an improvement over the Classic MegaMan in practically every possible way. MegaMan 7 a couple months later. Fans didn't care and critics didn't care and they loved it (granted they went back to the X series afterwards).

Capcom is already probably looked upon negatively by plenty of Japanese developers for westernizing their series to begin with.

With all the stuff Capcom have done snuffing DmC for DMC would be the least of their worries in the gaming press. The only people who will give Capcom heat about doing such will be the a$$wipe journalists who antagonized the DMC fans who didn't like DmC and even blamed them for DmC under performing.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
They want back to the original series (that is decades old) with Bionic Commando Re-armed 1 and 2. Fans, gamers, and critics loved it.
Yeah but it wasn't a sequel or anything it was just a remake of the original game..
MegaMan X was a huge success and an improvement over the Classic MegaMan
Well it was never really explictly stated that MegamanX was a "Reboot" for megaman it was more of a "Re-imagining" megaman in 16 bit so original series was never compromised.
Capcom is already probably looked upon negatively by plenty of Japanese developers for westernizing their series to begin with
As much i hate to admit this but this was actually a good move from Capcom and i hardly doubt someone would frown upon capcom for making their market more suitable for audience outside japan.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Yeah but it wasn't a sequel or anything it was just a remake of the original game.. Well it was never really explictly stated that MegamanX was a "Reboot" for megaman it was more of a "Re-imagining" megaman in 16 bit so original series was never compromised.
As much i hate to admit this but this was actually a good move from Capcom and i hardly doubt someone would frown upon capcom for making their market more suitable for audience outside japan.

Yet they still ditch the BC reboot to go back to the original series right after making a reboot rendering the reboot pointless.

MegaMan X was planned as a reboot with Zero as the "new MegaMan" but Capcom changed that and regardless it was a new branch of the MegaMan series and it was practically MegaMan but faster, more content, more mechanics, and etc and how is DmC any different for it too was an re-imagining.

You make a lot of sense in that last statement buuuuuuttt its not that easy plenty of people have bought Japanese games for a certain style or charm that a lot of Western games lack. If all or plenty of Japanese devs decides they want to be like western devs a lot of games will cease to lose variety. Many view it as them ditching what they liked about them to be like everybody else because that is what is "cool".

Also are you sure people won't frown upon them considering a lot of their attempts at westernization ended up in failure particularly DmC being the lowest selling of the series while DMC4 is the highest selling one (please don't use the sales=quality argument we're not talking about quality we're talking about general reception and appealing to a larger audience).

Reactions: V

IncarnatedDemon

Keji mofking Inafune.
That snake is responsible for causing a reboot.

He made the "Japan market is doomed".
He was there when NT was told "Picture a dmc if it was in a contemporary setting".
Keji mohawking Inafune.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Those Dynasty Warriors games are the Call of Duty of hack n slashers.

Do those things actually sell though? I can't think of anyone who actually plays those games. Who actually cares about those things?

Ass Creed needs to take a break. It's a series that I think would benefit from something like that. I liked the 1st, 2nd, and Brotherhood but, the series is just sh!t now. Those games can be good again and I would actually like them to.

Final Fantasy, lol. Square just needs to realize no one likes 13 more than them. They f#cked FF so bad. I am looking forward to 15 though.

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
BANJO *glomps* Oh I missed you so...

But yeah, it feels like a lot of big companies are pumping out way too many of the same ip's. Everyone's pretty much named the ones I was thinking about tbh...hold up, did anyone name SF yet? Would that count? Yeah I'll just throw SF in the mix too.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Those Dynasty Warriors games are the Call of Duty of hack n slashers.

Do those things actually sell though? I can't think of anyone who actually plays those games. Who actually cares about those things?

You do know there are forums dedicated to the Dynasty Warriors or Koei's Warriors series in a whole though.

It has an extremely strong and large fanbase, dedicated too. They sell really well so that is why they keep making them and whenever I usually look at general reception for DW or any Koei warriors game it tends to be highly positive.

People like it case in point.

I've seen the Koei warriors fanbase they're some of the most civil and nicest and overall coolest fanbase in any videogame fanbase (they're even open to the Sengoku Basara fans and series too). It was because of them I was able to get into the franchise its not as bad as you think it is once you learn the actual mechanics. Its an extremely fun and easy game or series to get into.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
You've played one Dynasty Warriors, you've played them all.

It's fun the first time around for a few hours but, it gets really repetitive and really boring.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
You've played one Dynasty Warriors, you've played them all.

It's fun the first time around for a few hours but, it gets really repetitive and really boring.

Well that is your perspective of the series (granted it is repetitive) but others can argue with you on that.

If Dynasty Warriors is repetitive and boring than old school beat em ups and most hack and slash are repetitive and boring.

Reactions: V
Top Bottom