• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Game of thrones

Dark Drakan

Admin
Nothing was going to top the last episode so the finale will merely be the way to setup Season 4. Havent seen it yet though as it doesnt air here until tonight.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
A little bit disappointed by this final, it's episode 9's fault I guess.
I think it's because they went all out on the 9th episode, so the finale did seem a bit underwhelming. However, I did enjoy it for what it was.

Come on, we cant have amazing plot twists in each episode.
I was disappointed by ending, and here we go with that mother crap. I hope it wont be so annoying in next seasons as it is in book.
There weren't any plot twists, but they have set up a few plots for season 4 in this episode...I kinda wish they had done one of the story ideas in this episode instead of saving it for season 4.Besides, I don't think anything could top the red wedding. It's like in season 2 with the attack on Kings Landing. That was a really amazing episode...the finale just couldn't compete with that in terms of action, dialogue and plot.

It seems that Dany always gets the ending shot in the finale-- not that I'm complaining. I really liked how it ended with her and the dragons in season 1, but this season 3 ending with her seemed tacked on at the last moment.

NeroAngelo

I think it's because they went all out on the 9th episode, so the finale did seem a bit underwhelming. However, I did enjoy it for what it was.

There weren't any plot twists, but they have set up a few plots for season 4 in this episode...I kinda wish they had done one of the story ideas in this episode instead of saving it for season 4.Besides, I don't think anything could top the red wedding. It's like in season 2 with the attack on Kings Landing. That was a really amazing episode...the finale just couldn't compete with that in terms of action, dialogue and plot.

It seems that Dany always gets the ending shot in the finale-- not that I'm complaining. I really liked how it ended with her and the dragons in season 1, but this season 3 ending with her seemed tacked on at the last moment.

Yeah Red wedding was amazing, but I think the purple wedding will be as amazing as the red one, I just can't wait to see it.
And, I'm disappointed because the khaleesi's story is going very slow.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Yeah Red wedding was amazing, but I think the purple wedding will be as amazing as the red one, I just can't wait to see it.
And, I'm disappointed because the khaleesi's story is going very slow.
I can't wait to see how the purple one goes down. I think there'll be a lot of happy viewers after that event.

Dany's story was great while it was dealing with Kahl Drogo, and even the parts in Quarth with the house of the undying, but this season was a bit repetitive. All she did was free slaves and then they thank her for it. The only highlight for me was Daario Naharis being introduced to the plot...though I'm stil getting used to his changed appearence compared to the books. It is strange to see him without his blue beard and gold teeth.

I think it's best to do the epic finales in episode 9, ending with the red wedding when we have to wait a year for season's would be too dark and unbearable. Episode 10 is always to exhale after the big climax and see a little bit of light at the end of the very, very dark tunnel that is Game of Thrones.

Also, I think the most disturbing scene even topping the red wedding had to be arya seeing her brother's beheaded corpse with his wolf's head on top. That's some seriously ****ed up ****, I want to her to ****ing kill all those bastards.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I think it's best to do the epic finales in episode 9, ending with the red wedding when we have to wait a year for season's would be too dark and unbearable. Episode 10 is always to exhale after the big climax and see a little bit of light at the end of the very, very dark tunnel that is Game of Thrones.

Also, I think the most disturbing scene even topping the red wedding had to be arya seeing her brother's beheaded corpse with his wolf's head on top. That's some seriously ****** up ****, I want to her to ******* kill all those bastards.
Yep, it does seem like episode 10 was a bit gentler to make up for episode 9...there are still people saying they will no longer watch the show because of it>_<

I popped over to my Mum's and watched this episode with her (second viewing for me) and she had to look away when they showed the scene of the wolf's head on Robb's corpse. Then she walked out fo the room when Theon was being tortured.:p I guess the show can be too dark for some people.

I'm really excited for the next season. I can't wait to see how the show interprets certain important events from the book.

Autumn

Welcome to my world....
Just finished the season. All I can think is that Dany just invented crowd surfing. Rock star Dany!

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/06/09/game-of-thrones-future/

This is a really intriguing article, looks like the producers are trying to not pad the show to increase length, but this might cause some friction with George R.R. Martin if he hasn't finished the final book in the series. It's like both good news and very bad news mixed in one, lets just hope George R.R. Martin finishes the books in time. I rather the tv series doesn't go ahead of the books, because that would be really unfair to Martin, and I hope Martin doesn't take too long, because that would put the tv show in a very awkward position.

Dark Drakan

Admin
http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/06/09/game-of-thrones-future/

This is a really intriguing article, looks like the producers are trying to not pad the show to increase length, but this might cause some friction with George R.R. Martin if he hasn't finished the final book in the series. It's like both good news and very bad news mixed in one, lets just hope George R.R. Martin finishes the books in time. I rather the tv series doesn't go ahead of the books, because that would be really unfair to Martin, and I hope Martin doesn't take too long, because that would put the tv show in a very awkward position.

Ive been wondering about this because he is quite well known for taking his time with books (which is no bad thing). However the show is starting to catch up fast & be interesting to see how they handle that, there are rumours of a Game of Thrones prequel series being planned from what I heard. So maybe that could be created then aired while he too gets ahead on his book writing.

NeroAngelo

Yeah but wait... I have no idea how to use the SPOILER thing so WATCH OUT THOSE WHO HAVEN'T read the books please.

So I was saying, Shae is not really gone right ? I remembered that she stays in the KL and... you know what happens next/

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
For some reason, it didn't really satisfy me. :tongue: *SPOILERS* Would've wanted to see him die and still learn a lesson.
Now I feel bad for watching the episode on the day it was released, as I have to wait for another week now. :frown: As for who should get the Iron Throne, I really don't know. The Lannisters are mainly asses (except for Tyrion and Jaime), and they don't want the Throne anyway. I don't find the Starks that interesting, but then, Theon is not a Stark... Jon Snow is, I suppose. Don't really see him caring about the Throne. Daenerys... don't really care. She might just become insane with power, and I wouldn't want that. Meh, I'll just watch the game play out for now.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Also really love the Rains of Castamere. Whenever that song is played, there is always casualties.

The Lannisters need a new theme tune now. It's bringing them bad luck:tongue:

Hodor should be the one to sit on the iron throne.

And R + L = J
HODOR!:laugh: That would be a weird plot twist ending. :laugh:

I still want either Daenerys or Tyrion to sit the throne at the end, even if it does seem like Danny is becoming just as batshit as her brother was. Having said that, I don't think Tyrion even wants the throne. So maybe Margaery Tyrell or someone unexpected on the Iron Throne would be ok too.

Failing that, I'd like to see some more confrontation for Sercei this season, seeing as she seems to be going a bit paranoid and insane. It'll be interesting to see how the TV show handles this.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
George said that the ending would have probably be a bitter sweet one. I can picture the ending where no one won the throne at all.

All i wanted is a happy or at least a good ending for Jon, Tyrion, Sansa and Arya. Though Arya seems getting crazy now too. Well, it's hard to find a character in this series whose mind is not scrambled anyway.

The Winds of Winter just can't come sooner. I got a feeling that many important stuff(such as Jon's parentage, Aegon Targaryen) will be revealed.

NeroAngelo

Nah the end will definitely be a throne sitting on a throne.

Sorry too tired haha.

I strongly think that either Jon or Daenarys will sit on the throne. SPOILER SPOILERSPOILERSPOILERYOUGETTHEFACTTHATITISASPOILERRIGHT? But not sure at 100% since the last book.

Top Bottom