• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Future of the Devil May Cry franchise?

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
They will be really silly if they went ahead with a DmC2. I don't see the point.

Why pander to a small group of hipsters when there's a larger group of fans who'd buy a faithful DMC sequel in a heart beat?
Because the word from the few people who actually think that Capcom is a good company is that Capcom will be sellouts if they go back to the original DMC series when clearly they have no clue that Capcom have been sellouts this entire generation.
Capcom wouldn't think twice about turning Street Fighter into an RPG game if it guaranteed to make them more money.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Did you notice how, in the article, Capcom said DmC would ''scare some people, and make some nervous''? It's like they can't accept that a lot of people wouldn't (and don't) like it. It's not a matter of being 'scared of change' or something, it's a matter of losing interest in the series because it's been altered dramatically. I guess they don't understand that.

GF9000000Returns

Well Capcom did give Ninja Theory DMC but I found this and it kind of cheered me up.
http://www.vg247.com/2012/07/14/capcom-100-behind-new-dmc-original-style-may-return-in-future/

You do realize that was a year ago right? Things might change. If it's true though, I want them to make a DMC5 first, just for the riot of DmC to stop, no matter how much I don't want one. And then they can let NT make a DmC2 to be on the next gen system since the series has the realistic feeling and the original ones don't.

Imagine the DmC Dante in the next gen graphics...yeah...!

Did you notice how, in the article, Capcom said DmC would ''scare some people, and make some nervous''? It's like they can't accept that a lot of people wouldn't (and don't) like it. It's not a matter of being 'scared of change' or something, it's a matter of losing interest in the series because it's been altered dramatically. I guess they don't understand that.
It could be both. People could be scared of change because some of them know that DMC4 wasn't really liked as much as DMC3 and that's why the reboot was made. I half-agree that they didn't need to do that, but what's done is done. I understand if people lost hope for a franchise because it's altered, but I also would not give a damn...as long as I like it, that's all it matters.

TheOneGirl

Well if Capcom does go back to the original DMC franchise and take their TIME on it and wont make the game trash just to make Ninja Theory's DMC look 100% better, Capcom would make ALOT of money. They wanted the new DMC to have more than one-million sells on the game, the sells went no where near that, but I am sure that Capcom would make a lot of sells if they go back to the original franchise. Capcom could still make make both DMC for fans who didn't know anything about Devil May Cry and Devil May Cry 5 for the original fans who has been with DMC since day one.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
You do realize that was a year ago right? Things might change. If it's true though, I want them to make a DMC5 first, just for the riot of DmC to stop, no matter how much I don't want one. And then they can let NT make a DmC2 to be on the next gen system since the series has the realistic feeling and the original ones don't.

Imagine the DmC Dante in the next gen graphics...yeah...!

It could be both. People could be scared of change because some of them know that DMC4 wasn't really liked as much as DMC3 and that's why the reboot was made. I half-agree that they didn't need to do that, but what's done is done. I understand if people lost hope for a franchise because it's altered, but I also would not give a damn...as long as I like it, that's all it matters.

That's probably the DMC fans' point of view too. I mean that 'as long as they like it, that's all that matters'. The problem is, a lot of people don't like DmC, and a lot of people like it as well. Just like DMC. So in the end, nothing changed. All that happened was that Capcom lost old fans and gained new ones, while throwing away an entire game series. It seems pointless. I would love to see both series continue, and why not? I mean, they said DmC takes place in an alternate universe, so just make those two universes run parallel. Of course, I don't expect them to do that, as they would probably consider two hack and slash games overkill.

They could call DmC: Devil May Cry something else or just drop the :Devil May Cry part.

Another game did this when they lost the rights to the name

The series was Parasite Eve made my Squaresoft now SquareEnix. It went Parasite Eve, Parasite Eve 2 and then came The Third Birthday, a completely different title but still hints that it's indeed a sequel to Parasite Eve 2 and apart of the same series. Reason why they didn't give this game the Parasite Eve title was because the author of the books the games are based on didn't like how the 2nd game turned out so she didn't want Square to have the rights to use "Parasite Eve" ever again.

Just a thought.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
So now I'm a hipster for wanting a DmC2?

That's so ignorant even for you.

No, it's not.

It's something that's actually expected of her to say at this point.

So much for "labeling", right? It's ok for the Elitists to do it, but for us Hipsters?? No, that would be bad for the community and totally insensitive of us for doing so.

And I'm keeping my label. If they can call us hipsters, we can label them right the hell back.

Deal with it.

Punks. :mad:

Terrutas

LOL.

Guys, Calm down. :)

She's saying that in relevance to the group that wants a faithful DMC, you're a minority. The hipster part was a joke, not a label.
And she's kind of right, just look at the sale numbers. Numbers don't lie guys :<

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
LOL.

Guys, Calm down. :)

She's saying that in relevance to the group that wants a faithful DMC, you're a minority. The hipster part was a joke, not a label.
And she's kind of right, just look at the sale numbers. Numbers don't lie guys :<

I know, but you don't see me calling fans of DMC "mainstreamers" because they want a DMC5 -_-

And in terms of the entire fanbase of both DmC and DMC, we're all still a minority compared to the bigger fanbases out there.

Terrutas

No It's not bro, We're talking about this fanbase, not any other.

And that comparison is silly. I'm pretty sure she meant no offense, don't blow it out of proportion.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
No It's not bro, We're talking about this fanbase, not any other.

And that comparison is silly. I'm pretty sure she meant no offense, don't blow it out of proportion.

I'm not blowing it out of proportion. I just think it strange that suddenly people are called hipsters for wanting a DmC2.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
I'm not blowing it out of proportion. I just think it strange that suddenly people are called hipsters for wanting a DmC2.

so? whats the big problem? so what if they deem us "hipsters" for wanting a DmC sequel. its a good game and i think deserves a sequel any one who disagrees can just go procreate with themselves.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014

Be quiet.

Obey.

Submit.

Can't you see that we're wrong for wanting a sequel to an unpopular game? I thought you would have learned by now. :/

It's just their opinions. The have the right to freedom of speech. It's just a joke!

Oh wait...

... we have the right to state our opinions and "joke around" as well.

This way, it works out for everyone. :)

Wish I had thought of that sooner. :ermm:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
so? whats the big problem? so what if they deem us "hipsters" for wanting a DmC sequel. its a good game and i think deserves a sequel any one who disagrees can just go procreate with themselves.

Or fornicate.

Or sodomize.

Or pretty much anything that would be considered humiliating/painful.

Terrutas

Or fornicate.

Or sodomize.

Or pretty much anything that would be considered humiliating/painful.

Be quiet.

Obey.

Submit.

Can't you see that we're wrong for wanting a sequel to an unpopular game? I thought you would have learned by now. :/

It's just their opinions. The have the right to freedom of speech. It's just a joke!

Oh wait...

... we have the right to state our opinions and "joke around" as well.

This way, it works out for everyone. :)

Wish I had thought of that sooner. :ermm:

Wow, dude.
You need to relax.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
Wow, dude.
You need to relax.

WHAT YOU SIT THERE AND HAVE THE NERVE TO TELL ME TO CALM DOWN! WHERE THE **** DO YOU GET OFF YOU LITTLE PIECE OF NEANDERTHAL....meh ok

i just have mild tendencies for murder

Top Bottom