• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Future DMC protagonist ideas?

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
We have had quarter demon and half demon Cambions

And even nephilim in the series

What about 3/4 demon , a son of Dante and a full demon that he had off screen

Maybe nevan had a sister lol

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Nah not Trish , be like incest since she is identical to his mother

Just another full demon with a good soul will do

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
How about Dante have a daughter instead of a son? Vergil beat him to it with Nero.

Picture her like Selene and Lightning with Vergil’s persona wielding a rapier.

Picard

Starfleet Demon
The only results I get searching for "Liu Fengmian" is a famous painter... :eek:

What's your guy famous for?

Nothing. I didn't even know about that painter, I just researched Chinese names and surnames and made up the name.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Nothing. I didn't even know about that painter, I just researched Chinese names and surnames and made up the name.
Oh, oh! My bad, I had assumed that this character was the same as Cú Chulainn in that they were taken from either Mythology or History.

Apologies for the confusion.

Picard

Starfleet Demon
Oh, oh! My bad, I had assumed that this character was the same as Cú Chulainn in that they were taken from either Mythology or History.

Apologies for the confusion.

Unfortunately, I'm not really familiar with Chinese mythology - with the exception of dragons, that is - so it wasn't really an option.

EDIT: That being said, I might just go and fix that particular issue.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
About the daughter of Dante idea, I'd make her story like The Count of Monte Cristo. Except she was captured by demons making them their daughter, hiding her true origins as their slave. Nero appearing changes that as she learns the truth about herself. For this, she ends up rescued, swearing revenge on her "parents" and captors for the deception.

For this she joins Nero and his team, making an alias: The Countess of Monte Cristo

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I'd want a daughter of Dante's to be like 2b from Nier automata visually

But instead of being an android she is created in a lab using his DNA from his blood and maybe another demons blood

She doesn't know who or what she is til she runs into her cousin Nero , they fight and she holds her own without any combat training

Then Nero realises they are related somehow and tries to get through to her

But she has been on her own and on the run since they destroyed agnus's lab in fortuna and has no idea what her purpose is

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Agnus being her creator ties her into Nico and Nero though since Nico is the daughter, and Agnus and Nero had run ins

Also she was on fortuna and they didn't find her there so she probably would feel abandoned by em

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I liked the Dreamrunner/Drekevac designs from DmC so I don't mind if they get reused in DMC.

I'd probably reuse the female V concept art for Nero's mom.

Picard

Starfleet Demon
FInished the Chinese guy.
-----------------------------------------
Liu Fengmian

Physical appearance

Liu Fengmian is a middle-aged Chinese man with a ponytail. He is tall and rather muscular,

SkinArt_HouYi_Default.jpg

Personality

Fengmian is a type of person who will make a clown of himself to cheer up friends. When in combat, however, he is silent and deadly serious.

History

Liu Fengmian is a human demon hunter who had come to Ireland in his pursuit of Abaddon and his legions. He enlisted Allen's help as a guide and a bodyguard – while Fengmian himself is more than capable of killing demons, he is still human, and even a minor injury might mean death to him.

Born in China, Fengmian's parents had been killed by demons. He himself became immortal due to demonic power contained within the bow he had found, but this does not give him invulnerability to attacks.

Combat abilities

General description

Being a human, melee combat is too risky for Fengmian's. He is unable to block any but the weakest attacks, and since he has no regenerating health he has to rely on acquired or bought Green Orbs. Because of this, his combat is based around spells – especially curses and counter-curses. He is also able to make talismans in order to protect himself and his friends from various curses used by the enemies, but these break with use and require demonic blood to work. (Note: in gameplay this means that a talisman can intercept from 1 to 3 attacks, and instead of losing health, player instead loses an amount of Red Orbs). Further, his ability to use counter-curses makes him valuable in countering enemies utilizing status-debuff curses.

Moveset

Bow
  • Arrow Generation – due to being demonic/magical in nature, bow does not require arrow supply
  • Blessed Arrow – basic type of arrow, deals three times the damage to demons compared to normal humans
  • Electric Arrow – arrow enhanced with electricity, shocks the enemy for the moment
  • Ice Arrow – freezes a portion of enemy's body, reducing their movement speed, attack strength or other attribute
  • Fire Arrow – sets the enemy on fire, either dealing continual damage for a set amount of time, or else disabling health regeneration if the enemy has it
  • Homing Arrow – automatically homes in on the locked target, though hit is still not guaranteed
  • Scatter Shot – fires multiple arrows to deal with groups of weaker enemies
Curses
  • Time – slows down time for all combatants in an area for a period of time
  • Chronos – an advanced version of “Time” curse, it slows down all extremely fast enemies for a period of time. Can be upgraded to affect attacks as well
  • Zhusen – curse which either saps enemy health bar or else prevents its regeneration in enemies with regenerating health
  • Wenshen – curse which makes the enemies unable to use their abilities for a period of time

Counter-curses
  • Guolao – counter-curse which removes the effects of health-sapping curses from allies
  • Leishen – counter-curse which removes the effects of lightning-based attacks

Talismans
  • Xiangu – talisman with Guolao counter-curse

Picard

Starfleet Demon
Sekhmet

Physical appearance

Sekhmet is tall, with long black hair. (alternative: head of lionness instead of human one)

Personality

Sekhmet has very long memory and a huge measure of vindictiveness – she will never forget or forgive a wrong done. This however does not apply just to wrongs done to her personally, but to any and all wrongs done at all – kicking puppies, murdering orphans and similar will likewise earn her wrath.

History

Sekhmet, her real name unknown, is woman of Ancient Egyptian origin. She was cursed to become a demon, and spent her time as an enemy of humanity. After being defeated by Chulainn, she turns another leaf (and becomes a playable character).

Combat abilities

Sekhmet relies primarily on her likewise cursed lion and snake familiars. She also can manifest and shoot arrows of fire with her bow. She also can cure as well as cause diseases, which manifest in form of statistics hits. She is however incapable of curing physical injuries such as wounds.

Lion
  • fire body – lion itself is on fire, causing continual damage by setting enemies on fire
  • fireball – can shoot fireballs from the mouth

Snake
  • fire body – snake itself is on fire
  • fire tongue – can use tongue made of fire to lash out at and constrict enemies

Bow
  • fire arrow
  • fire arrow burst
  • fire arrow rain

Diseases
  • devil trigger neutralization
  • slowdown

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I kind of like the idea of an ancient devil arm than can take on a humanoid and dt form

That can be their own character , but also be wielded as one and sentient as a devil arm when wielded in say coop etc

Description

Name: apocalypse

Devil arm description: A wide claymore that is long and wide with tiny serrated teeth at the sides and a piercing tip, the hilt is obsidian and has a large red ruby at the top and it has a grim reaper on the handle

Humanoid description: Long jet black hair , pale skin and glowing blue eyes, lean build and very tall, wearing a regal black outfit with chainmail covered by fine black leather , a sleeveless leather top with a hood on it

Demon form , looks like the guyver but with wings

Weaponry , it wields a spectral conjured version of Itself as a devil arm

And fires darts from its fingernails

Also has as follows

Shuriken
Fire crackers
Black powder bombs
A pair of gauntlets which fire out small blades

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Anyone have thoughts about how a blind devil hunter can work in Daredevil style? I could use help with that. For his combat style to involve: Devil Eyes: Devil Sight.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Ronin
I'd make him/her a criminal/mercenary/cop who loses their eyesight on the job. They end up being approached by a demon who offers a deal- they act as his/her agent for a job and in exchange, their eyesight will return.

Top Bottom