• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Future DMC protagonist ideas?

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
DMC won't be the same without Dante around. Plus with Nero being the main antagonist in DMC4+5.

In the future, what type of protagonists would you picture joining the DMC franchise?

Since Yu-Gi-Oh's "Yugis", JJBA's "Joestars" & Castlevania's "Belmonts".

Dante & gang are based on The Divine Comedy.

Anything from literature, history & mythology, you all like to see be brought to life for new heroes & heroines?

Perhaps if Nero had twin children of his own? This time a son AND daughter.

ex. Cu Chulainn
simon-eckert-smite-cuchulainn.jpg

d3bubky-a5dc671e-1c94-4619-9d33-ba1f9a58f7e3.jpg

latest

Siegfried:
d18h9ks-35c7b8e0-b27e-426f-8428-e3482832f2ab.jpg

latest

latest

Benkei:
latest

latest

Last edited:

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
We need protagonists with different styles of combat since V. Let’s say a stealth ability.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Wouldn't that just make it a stealth game though, why sneak past enemies

DMC is about combat not hiding lol

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
A yokai protagonist trying to fit in with humans but not good at it.

A west-indian American psychic/mage fighting demons.

An Egyptian american ex-soldier who becomes a demon hunter to pay bills.

A pair of female twins, one has superpowers the other is a mad scientist.

Basically just make darkstalkers canon and use those.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
This time I remembered that I've said stuff on this and to avoid repetition I'll just copy and paste what I said in a previous thread. :laugh:

Last time on "What Lain wants in the future"... said:
"I've probably said this before but I'm too lazy to go and check:

DMC5 really opens up a lot of possibilities when it comes to introducing new demon hunters thanks to the fact the worldwide attack of the demons is pretty much impossible to cover up anymore and now they'll have to find ways of dealing with it. So I imagine a lot of money would go into scientific advancements into allowing humans to defeat demons - whether it be technological or biological.

And that also leads to the presumable creation of military might specifically targeting demons, which might create competition between official state hunters and private hunters like Nero and company, who might even be considered outlaws for their actions. To say nothing of the problem of hybrids being attacked out of fear or for experimentation.

Anyways, that brings me to the topic of this thread, if I could design a new demon hunter for a potential DMC6 then I'd go with a man who was a former mafia hitman and took part in some early trial experiments to create super soldiers to hunt demons. The reason he joined was because he wanted revenge on a demon that killed his boss. But the experiment wasn't a true success and he only got the power of regeneration as well as having absolute peak human physical capabilities (but not outright superhuman like Dante). Thus he was denied access into the new SWAT-esque squad made to hunt down demons and so he decided to take revenge into his own hands by arming himself to the teeth with guns and using his skills alongside his new power to strike down his target and all those that would stand in his way, be they human or demon. Not the most original idea, but hey that's what you get for only 5 minutes of thinking.

In terms of gameplay, what I envisage is a character based around the Gunslinger style (my personal favourite) expanding on the template set by Lady in DMC4SE. Of course it wouldn't be just guns, but also some melee moves (a la Trish) thrown in to supplement the moveset, especially since Lady sucks when it comes to the Triangle button. Potentially also some kind of Buster-esque move where if you managed to stun enemies you can grab them and do a fancy Devil Bringer type cinematic attack for massive damage to offset the fact that this character would do less damage per normal hit than say Nero/Dante.

Just a few thoughts...

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
What about a game of you playing a demon going after the hero all game

Like ninja gaiden Z/yaiba

Except done right lol as that game was terrible

Picard

Starfleet Demon
Maybe take a page megabyte from Prototype, have a fully-demon protagonist. So he is a demon, and is fighting on side of humans - but humans of course don't trust him and will attack him if he reveals his true nature. Which then means that he has to pretty much constantly stay in his human form. Yet human form limits his abilities, strength and endurance - so if you come across stronger enemies, you have a choice: an extremely difficult battle while remaining in human form, or using demon form and having moderately difficult battle, but blowing your cover. And once cover is blown, the military starts hunting you, and you have to find cover before shifting back to human form else your disguise will be blown for good.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
How about a...

Daredevil-like hero? We need a blind demon hunter for this one, since Nero has a prosthetic arm.
Daredevil-Marvel-Comics-Matt-Murdock.jpg

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
This time I remembered that I've said stuff on this and to avoid repetition I'll just copy and paste what I said in a previous thread. :laugh:
I can add your prosthetics to my soldier OC ;).

What about a game of you playing a demon going after the hero all game

Like ninja gaiden Z/yaiba

Except done right lol as that game was terrible
It probably could be a game where you get two different characters and they are rivals to each other going after the same goal.

Maybe take a page megabyte from Prototype, have a fully-demon protagonist. So he is a demon, and is fighting on side of humans - but humans of course don't trust him and will attack him if he reveals his true nature. Which then means that he has to pretty much constantly stay in his human form. Yet human form limits his abilities, strength and endurance - so if you come across stronger enemies, you have a choice: an extremely difficult battle while remaining in human form, or using demon form and having moderately difficult battle, but blowing your cover. And once cover is blown, the military starts hunting you, and you have to find cover before shifting back to human form else your disguise will be blown for good.
That's cool.

How about a...

Daredevil-like hero? We need a blind demon hunter for this one, since Nero has a prosthetic arm.
Daredevil-Marvel-Comics-Matt-Murdock.jpg
Thats a bit too low on the powerscale for DMC.

>Nero being the main antagonist in DMC4+5.
what? :O
Its probably a weird typo.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I like the prototype like idea , but he has no human form

So for the first half of the game u have to disable and knock out the army and police who bombard you

And then kill the demons til u gain the humans trust

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Thats a bit too low on the powerscale for DMC.

But here's the thing. He looks blind on the outside, but behind those glasses are actually demon eyes. The glasses he wears will dampen their unstable power, at the cost of his sight. He'll fight blind, but he'll take them off if necessary. Every demon he faces, will give his eyes special powers. Changing their shape.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
He meant in terms of raw strength, speed and power

Daredevil level characters would be fodder to demon generals or bosses or high tier demons

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Wonder if they can do a clone character. Someone who tries to clone their own "Sparda" with Dante/Vergil's DNA.

Picard

Starfleet Demon
I like the prototype like idea , but he has no human form

So for the first half of the game u have to disable and knock out the army and police who bombard you

And then kill the demons til u gain the humans trust

Thing is, many human-sized demons seem to have human form. Also, the idea behind the human form was to introduce the element of stealth into gameplay, so that player can choose between sneaking around and e.g. your approach.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I get that concept , but stealth and sneaking would be so weird for a hack and slash fast paced action series

Also him having a human form would mean most couldn't tell he was demon , which goes against them being against him/her

Alex mercer couldn't hide it to be fair but a demon in human form could do a lot of stuff without devil triggering

Picard

Starfleet Demon
Yes, but you would still have to be careful. Human suddenly moving at supersonic speed or taking a bullet in the head without dying would be kind of a giveaway.

Problem I have with your idea is, as I have mentioned - many demons have human forms. The ones without it tend to be 30 feet tall, or else completely unrelatable. Though I imagine some people may find playing as a dog that can shoot its own head interesting. So you would have to have a good reason for why your demon is, well, demonic-looking.

Top Bottom