• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

FFXIII exceeded my expectations.

Meg

aka958;216858 said:
XD
Gawd that's a awesome sig you got there meg!

thanks. it took me ten whole minutes!

anyway. battles using snow seem to take a lot longer than they should. i don't know why he cant just use a weapon. like those guns he keeps finding

aka958

Don't trust people
Don't you remember? He can't use guns of any sort. The scene where he jumps for that rocket launcher and don't even catch it. Hope's Mom needed to be the tough guy and blow that gigantic mech for Snow.
Snow, he is the best sentinel in the game due to the high HP. The sentinel class is defensive, he is the worst ravager and one of the worst commando's too. Snow is more of an endurance guy, prolonging every battle he is in. Lucky you that your only forced to play with him in chapter 7. After that there are only more party combinations that your forced with but none include Snow and then you get to choose members for your party.

aka958

Don't trust people
Yeah, I know. But I took that sarcasm to a deeper extent by writing why he can't use them. You sarcasm is now far more than sarcasm!

Meg

aka958;217162 said:
Yeah, I know. But I took that sarcasm to a deeper extent by writing why he can't use them. You sarcasm is now far more than sarcasm!

and by that you mean.....?

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
*revives thread by ranting*

Fang is crap!!!!! (I'm up to Bahamut!) I think I'll do it next time I go on, but I've had a right time Sentinel's are boring!!!

Meg

Ebony;220059 said:
*revives thread by ranting*

Fang is crap!!!!! (I'm up to Bahamut!) I think I'll do it next time I go on, but I've had a right time Sentinel's are boring!!!

sentinels are boring! but needed sometimes. I'm thinking I should level Lightning up as a sentinel because of the three party members she has the most health. heh, i gave her the best equipment because if the party leader dies its game over. sorry hope and fang.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
So who do you guys use the most?

I've found myself using Hope a lot - something I thought I'd never do, but I like having him as a Synergist.

Meg

Hope's in my party. He's a lot better than I thought he was going to be. Fang's in my party to. As for team leader, please refer to my avatar. I think those three work really well together.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Ha, yeah I have lightning as the leader too - no one else comes close.

Along with Hope I've been swapping between Vanille and Sazh.

Vanille makes the weirdest noises when she attacks! lol

Meg

Ebony;220309 said:
Ha, yeah I have lightning as the leader too - no one else comes close.

Along with Hope I've been swapping between Vanille and Sazh.

Vanille makes the weirdest noises when she attacks! lol

They made Lighting the best on purpose. It would be sad if no one used the main character they pushed so hard to establish. As for Vanille I haven't noticed any weird noises, but i did notice that she shakes he butt during battle. odd.

aka958

Don't trust people
^That is wrong on so many points. Lightning is an OK ravager, shes an above average commando, she is one of the worst medics available.

Lets see...
Fang:
Best commando
Sharing best place Saboteur with Vanille
Second best sentinel (she got less health than Snow, that's about it)

Sazh:
God as commando post game (70K damage PER GUNSHOT with blitz! Do you understand how fast that is? Still, Fang can still hit harder if you exclude the blitz and that she got genji gloves)
Pretty good ravager (the lag time helps ALOT)
Offensive synergist (got all status buffs except Veil)

Hope:
BEST Ravager due to having the highest strength
Defensive synergist (got all status buffs except Vigilance)
Sharing place as best medic with Vanille

Lightning is far from the best in the game. You'll see later in the game.
I also used Fang, Lightning and Hope through the story. Post game I switched Hope for Sazh and his godlike gunshooting abilities.
Also, Cold blood is just as good as Army of One and Highwind is godlike.

In the end, Lightning is good. But got less health than Fang and Snow, less strength than Fang, less magic then Vanille and Hope. She ain't the party leader for me, I'd rather use Fang or Sazh which I usually do use.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Really? I mainly use Lightning as a commando, I've never even thought about using Sazh as one 'cuz when i first started playing I thought hs guns shots were pathetic and thats stayed with me! (silly me!)

Hope's my main medic and the rest I just go between things

Meg

@ Aka, You don't have to come on so strong, esh. How you level up your characters, what equipment they each use, and how you play all effect how good each character is. I like having a good balanced character, so that's why I like Lightning. And when I said she was the best I was only joking. I just wanted to poke fun at how hard Square pushes her as the main character.

aka958

Don't trust people
She ain't that vital to the story at all, quite the opposite in the end.
It's more about Fang and Vanille.

Here is how you deal the REAL deal (contains spoilers unless you've played up to chapter 11):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JIibc0YUoQ&feature=related

Fang was great, I loved having her as my commando. Before I finished the storyline I always used Fang/Lightning/Hope with Fang as my main party. now gone with Hope (yeah, when I try to heal it costs me, ALOT) and Sazh takes the place, as main party leader too.

Meg

We aren't you unreasonable! Again with the whole coming on to strong thing I just mentioned. Whether or not you think Lightning is vital to the story doesn't change the fact that she's all over the box and booklet art, almost always on screen during cutscenes, and mentioned in some way when she's not. Just a joke I was trying to make. And I didn't watch the video because I don't care. :p ;)

aka958

Don't trust people
But it was Sazh pwnage in that video! :(

And I don't think she is not vital to the story, I know. She is a little important in the beginning, but that is just the beginning. Luckily, she isn't as left out from FFXIII as Vaan is from FFXII.
Vaan pwns them all...

Your right though, she is damn everywhere where they show FFXIII.

Meg

aka958;221100 said:
Your right though, she is damn everywhere where they show FFXIII.

And the fact that the focus is shifting from her to Vanille and Fang is probably why. (I'm at the part where they just got to the Fal'cie tower thing on the way to Oerba) The developers probably intended for Lightning to be the star, but as they wrote the story they were like "Whoops!" and decided that re-writing the beginning would take to long so instead they just put her face everywhere and said TA-DA!

And no, Vaan does not beat them all. :p

Top Bottom