• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Favorite Devil arm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
^Not true at all.

The DT you get with Alastor is allot better.

Yamato/Rebbelion just get increased damage/speed and make it harder to be knocked down or stunned.

Alastor gives you all that AND moves like air raid or vortex to clear whole rooms of enemies.

The power of the swords of Sparda (Except force edge) just don't amount to much real power, sorry.:p

SwordmasterStum

HalfBreed
Sparda™;155154 said:
In gameplay maybe not, but in storyline definitely yes.

Well, yeah, but does the argument really have to come down to that? Storyline importance never meant much in DMD mode, in any game.

Sparda™

SwordmasterStum;155172 said:
Well, yeah, but does the argument really have to come down to that? Storyline importance never meant much in DMD mode, in any game.

Who mentioned DMD in the first place.

Plus, we're not talking about a selective part of the Devil Arms' meanings and utility.

Alastor is a cool sword, but can't be matched with Yamato and Rebellion.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
^If you say so, but even the awakened Rebellion isn't as powerful as Alastor.

Even taking his style moves into account, Rebellion gets the same moves that force edge does so I bet Alastor gets kickass style moves too. We just haven't seen it with the style system.

But even those style moves lack the destructive power Alastor had.

And story? Like I said, the legendary swords of Sparda himself (save force edge) are weak compared to Alastor so I guess having a link to the legendary dark knight isn't worth much:p

The other swords are cool, but I prefer my lightning demon. Hey capcom, give me back the ability to fly!

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
^Dude, you are just biased towards the swords of Sparda.

You cannot dissmiss my argument just cause you don't like it.

The gameplay alone speaks for itself. So far Alastor is the stronger blade.

Keaton

Premium
Just thought I'd make a suggestion to you two, Dark Prince, SpardaTM...

Please read the name of the topic:

"Favorite Devil arm?"

Reguardless of ingame power portrayl or its place in the story...this thread is about discussing your own prefrence, not arguing over the matter.

As far as the games go, Alastor has given Dante the most benefits for a Devil Trigger, whereas if you look at the story Force Edge/Rebellion/Sparda are Sparda/Dantes personal blades, thus making them more powerful as far as the the story goes.

You are both correct, but please, stay on topic and refrain from flaming.

Sparda™

It's nothing about fanboyism.

Rebellion is not my favorite devil arm, but Yamato is, along with the Sparda sword and Lucifer.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
For me it goes, Yamato(DMC 1 but only cause your DT weapon is the Sword of Sparda), Sword of Sparda, Alastor, Rebellion.

SwordmasterStum

HalfBreed
Did anybody else fall in love with Cerberus like I did? I mean, come on, they're the only nunchaku in the entire series. I wish they'd have brought them back.

SaaR

Luce & Ombra
I've always liked the gauntlets and greaves. Ifrit, Gilgamesh, Beowulf. All fantastic weapons with a lot of stopping power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom