• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Favorite Devil Arm to use and why

Picard

Starfleet Demon
In topic, I personally love the Lucifer for how cool the throwing rose looks, and also that swordmaster skill where you clap your hands and the thorns spawn around you. I find it really hard to use it as a main weapon though, cause' I can't seem to be able to use some of it's combos properly in the middle of a fight. I use it more than the Gilgamesh for sure, but it's more like second choice for the Rebellion most of the time, and mostly using the swordmaster skills.

I almost don't use Lucifer except for kicks.

I suck so bad at using the Gilgamesh along with the other Arms. Usually for these enemies I choose the Yamato, since I found out it affects them in a similar way that Nero's Devil Bringer, while being much faster and safe than the Gilgamesh.
Just charge is awesome though.

Gilgamesh uppercut is excellent, especially in DT. But you have to be careful when to use it (timing is 50% of combat, other 50% are combos but I mostly rely on timing), as it does leave you vulnerable.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Since I love martial arts, and I am a martial artist myself, my favorite is Gilgamesh hands down (and that cutscene... I mean, Dante acting like Bruce Lee? Pure awsomeness), and Yamato. I like Rebellion too, it's a classic. Also, I love its 3d model. Such an improvement (obviously) from DMC3.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
My favourite devil arms for Dante:

Rebellion - because I like swinging at and hacking stuff to :poop:, and it's better than Yamato. It has more mooooves.
Gilgamesh - as was mentioned before by someone else, I also share a love for punching things and kicking things. Although I will give the bigger score here to Vergil's Beowulf in DMC3 (Vergil just made it look so much more badass than Dante)
Coyote-A - this is my PIPE-THE-F-DOWN weapon for those demons I'll get to later. Like. SIT down and wait YOUR TURN pal!

Favourite devil arms for Nero:

Red Queen - same reasons as above, plus I can't use his devil bringer all the friggin time, how boring is that?
The Devil Bringer - HULK SMASH! Closest thing I get to punching stuff with Nero so. It'll do.

Top Bottom