• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Favorite Devil Arm to use and why

Just played DMC4 again and, while playing as Dante, I found the Devil Arms in this particular game to be very enjoyable. Lucifer, due to the whole sex speech Dante gives when he gets it, I found kind of silly but still fun to use. Gilgamesh to me was just a rehashed Beowulf. Pandora was neat with the whole hover tank mode with everything else. We also have the ever trusty Rebellion and Yamato, each with their owns sets of badassery. Personally, I preferred using Yamato in the Dante play through cause, as my name and pic suggest, I'm a big Vergil fan. Finding my favorite weapon as usable in this game was a perk. Then I decided I wanted to know what the rest of the Devil May Cry fan community though. So is it Yamato, Rebellion, Gilgamesh, Pandora, or Lucifer for you?

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Personally, I liked using the Red Queen the best, simply because of the strategy it demanded with the Exceed system.

Out of Dante's arsenal, I prefer Gilgamesh, but that's just because I like using the gauntlet weapons in every Devil May Cry game. I dunno, I just like to punch things...it feels really satisfying, especially landing a perfectly charged and timed strike.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I prefer either sword weapons (Alastor/Rebellion) or gauntlets (Beowulf). I'm not huge fan of gimmick weapons, but Pandora was nice addition. Hope to see more like it.

Picard

Starfleet Demon
Yamato and Rebellion, because I prefer close-range combat whenever possible (I'm bit like Vergil in that regard :wink:). Pandora and Lucifer are also OK, though I only use them very rarely, and I almist never use Gilgamesh because it is quite slow - not a good thing when you're surrounded by 30 mooks.

@ WolfOD64 Red Queen is not a Devil's Arm, it is "only" an excessively modified Order sword.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
The Pandora simply because it had a rocket launcher, machine gun, and could freaken hover.

That and the badazz suitcase just hooked me.

Blue_Rose

One way to get yourself shot
Yamato, of course. Although I liked it's moves better in DMC3, but it's still my favorite weapon. Especially since you don't use it with that annoying scabbard.

Then Pandora was fun just blasting it in the Savior's face.

And then Lucifer because

"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it...! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength! I... ram it in! And in the end...we are all satisfied...And you are set free!"

Haha sorry, couldn't resist saying that.

So yeah basically Yamato FTW

theshadowedge1

I liked Rebellion and Gilgamesh the most. For the guns E&I and Pandora.

I would have loved Yamato but there were only like 4 moves, and like Absent Nova said, the Judgment Cut was not as good as 3. Much less damage and only 1 hit. If he had the moveset of Vergil in 3 and a few extra moves then I would use it much more.

Picard

Starfleet Demon
It does make some sense that Dante wouldn't have Vergil's moveset with Yamato, Yamato is Vergil's sword and Rebellion is Dante's.

Blue_Rose

Well Yamato is a DT only weapon in DMC4, so they couldn't make it a full on weapon. And Vergil was added as an afterthought in DMC3, so you can't blame it for not having as much moves as Rebellion.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I'm a sucker for default weapons, so I go through most of the game using Rebellion. Plus, the DMC4 Rebellion is probably my favorite depiction of it. I have a thing for skull motifs and that one was done just right.

And yeah, that DT Stinger is always fun, one of the few changes I thought was pretty cool and actually worthwhile.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Fun fact: Dante carries the Yamato the way you're supposed to carry a katana. Vergil always seemed to carry it upside down (with the cutting edge facing down, I mean).

But yeah, I like the Rebellion most... probably because of the Swordmaster style moves. That plus the Yamato is just awesome... though it's sad that the Yamato only has like four combos (including Aerial Rave).

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
though it's sad that the Yamato only has like four combos (including Aerial Rave).

This was a disappointment to me after playing as Vergil in DMC3, but I guess it rolls into my overall disappointment that DMC4 diluted the Styles and took out a lot of stuff I liked :C I did like Dante's animation for going into Darkslayer though; that slicking back of the hair, the exaggerated pop of his hand out to his side and poof there's Yamato.

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
This was a disappointment to me after playing as Vergil in DMC3, but I guess it rolls into my overall disappointment that DMC4 diluted the Styles and took out a lot of stuff I liked :C I did like Dante's animation for going into Darkslayer though; that slicking back of the hair, the exaggerated pop of his hand out to his side and poof there's Yamato.
Yeah. Well, it didn't dilute it all that much, I think. Besides, you got the benefit that you could switch between styles to create larger, more intricate combos.
Heheh, yeah I really liked that. It would've been cool if his hair actually went into Vergil's style, though. Somehow Dante's hair just refuses to be slicked back :p
It would look kind of weird though if you switched styles mid-combo and Dante's hair suddenly popped upright XD

Blue_Rose

Yeah. Well, it didn't dilute it all that much, I think. Besides, you got the benefit that you could switch between styles to create larger, more intricate combos.
Heheh, yeah I really liked that. It would've been cool if his hair actually went into Vergil's style, though. Somehow Dante's hair just refuses to be slicked back :p
It would look kind of weird though if you switched styles mid-combo and Dante's hair suddenly popped upright XD
I just found it hilarious when Vergil flipped his hair upright in DMC3. It was rather amusing.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
The sword has been my favorite thing to use for just about every game. Whether it be Alastor, Rebellion, or Red Queen. Always count on my good ol fashioned sword.

My favorite sword is Alastor from DMC 1 though followed by the new and improved Rebellion from DmC. They have pretty bitching designs.

I always liked my shotgun too though. Yea, I use everything of course to take advantage of the combat system but, my personal taste comes down to simple, effective, and the satisfaction it gives me when I kill a demon.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Fun fact: Dante carries the Yamato the way you're supposed to carry a katana. Vergil always seemed to carry it upside down (with the cutting edge facing down, I mean).

But yeah, I like the Rebellion most... probably because of the Swordmaster style moves. That plus the Yamato is just awesome... though it's sad that the Yamato only has like four combos (including Aerial Rave).
Vergil's fighting wouldn't realistically be of use to anyone. If you wanna get technical he wields a sword like an idiot and would be freaking dead in a heartbeat but, DMC's "rule of cool" will toss everything aside just for that.

I saw some dude at this convention where there was play sword fights we could have and he was trying to copy Vergil. Yea, he lost for a reason.

Blue_Rose

Vergil's fighting wouldn't realistically be of use to anyone. If you wanna get technical he wields a sword like an idiot and would be freaking dead in a heartbeat but, DMC's "rule of cool" will toss everything aside just for that.

I saw some dude at this convention where there was play sword fights we could have and he was trying to copy Vergil. Yea, he lost for a reason.
Maybe he couldn't spam Summoned Swords with every melee move?
I just think it's really badass how Vergil attacks and blocks with Yamato's sheath. Dunno if it's part of laido or not.

Top Bottom