• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Farewell for now, DmC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
it's manlydramatic, lmao.. wanna know what happens after vergil's downfall? DmC dies, that's what happens.. nah, truth is i'm pretty scared with no continuity on DmC, you guys seen the dmc fb page post on DMC4 update? the numbers of likes and comments really scare me..

Man does that surprise you? It was clear since the announcement that the majority of fans was looking forward to DMC4 SE more... but that doesn't mean DmC is done for good.

Lani

it's manlydramatic, lmao.. wanna know what happens after vergil's downfall? DmC dies, that's what happens.. nah, truth is i'm pretty scared with no continuity on DmC, you guys seen the dmc fb page post on DMC4 update? the numbers of likes and comments really scare me..
DmC very well could be dead or it could be hiding in wait for the next 10 or so yrs lol.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
Man does that surprise you? It was clear since the announcement that the majority of fans was looking forward to DMC4 SE more... but that doesn't mean DmC is done for good.

it scares me to be more precise, i know we should resent from talking about sales, but if what is on the page represents something, well i'm screwed..

DmC very well could be dead or it could be hiding in wait for the next 10 or so yrs lol.

omfg, 10 years? *laughs in deep agony.. i'd rather they dont continue if it took that long to effin have a sequel..

anyway, the montage slo-mo video is really beautiful, the music fits nicely..

Lani

absolitude said:
omfg, 10 years? *laughs in deep agony.. i'd rather they dont continue if it took that long to effin have a sequel..

anyway, the montage slo-mo video is really beautiful, the music fits nicely..

Depends on how fast they get to working on DMC5 as realistically, thats what will be coming next.So lets say they announce DMC5 year.Then we have about 3-4years depending on what Capcom have going on to release the game. A miracle happens and a Dmc2 is announced a year follwing DMC5 release,which will also probably take about 3-4 years.So more like 7-9yrs.

Judge

DmC might not continue in a traditional sequel. Yet the elements that made the game great will continue through Hellblade and Capcom's DMC games.

Capcom said that DMC4 Vergil will utilise some skills from DmC, and I could've sworn I saw Trish use an uppercut simillar to DmC Dante's uppercut. Elements of DmC will still exist.

This isn't the end either. Hideki Kamiya never got the chance to make DMC2. Yet 8 or 9 years later he got the chance to make DMC1's spiritual successor, which was Bayonetta; and look how well that turned out. Ninja Theory might not get the chance to do DmC 2, but you can sure as hell bet that when they get the chance they will do their Bayonetta.

As for DMC4, best of luck for DMC4 and DMC5 if thats what continues.

Dominus

I think DMC5 will be next, then Capcom will go bankrupt after this gen (or all mobile/handheld). Along with them NT will fade away to mobile development and PG will be bought up by Microsoft (to make action rpgs only). So for me at least I think the future will be grim for stylish action games after DMC5 is released. But that won't be for 3 years so I'm going to enjoy the DMC ride while it lasts..

HandsomePeanut

Satan Claus
I think DMC5 will be next, then Capcom will go bankrupt after this gen (or all mobile/handheld). Along with them NT will fade away to mobile development and PG will be bought up by Microsoft (to make action rpgs only). So for me at least I think the future will be grim for stylish action games after DMC5 is released. But that won't be for 3 years so I'm going to enjoy the DMC ride while it lasts..

That is pretty goddarn grim. I think I'm going to have nightmares about this tonight.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

assuming they'll actually make a DMC5?

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
now this may sound offending, but what's with a drama? Game just got third release and you already bid it farewell? There is no proofs they won't make DmC2 one day, so is it really needed in the first place?

absolitude

now this may sound offending, but what's with a drama? Game just got third release and you already bid it farewell? There is no proofs they won't make DmC2 one day, so is it really needed in the first place?

i don't know about the others, but i'm scared for it, and when i'm scared i go drama, like when i'm scared of thunder, i would go romeo oh romeo where art-- no but seriously i'm scared, sequel based on sale numbers, and kamiya stated he didn't want the series to die so they gave it to a british dev, meaning the series actually could die even backthen, and they rebooted it and it didn't make the numbered target, all this could lead to it

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Although I agree DMC5 is the likeliest next hypothetical step, it would be extremely stupid to release a reboot and then cast it aside to return to the original.

My guess is DmC2 will happen but capcom will outsource it to someone again to be made

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

As I've said; I didn't say they'll NEVER make another DmC, this is for until DMC4: SE comes out and is on equal grounds with DmC: DE in being released. For now, the hype is on DMC4: SE and DmC will have to sit in the back of the hype train for now just as DMC4:SE did with the Definitive edition.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
i don't know about the others, but i'm scared for it, and when i'm scared i go drama, like when i'm scared of thunder, i would go romeo oh romeo where art-- no but seriously i'm scared, sequel based on sale numbers, and kamiya stated he didn't want the series to die so they gave it to a british dev, meaning the series actually could die even backthen, and they rebooted it and it didn't make the numbered target, all this could lead to it
Well Capcom already said many times they behind it, so i dunno where is the problem o_O
As I've said; I didn't say they'll NEVER make another DmC, this is for until DMC4: SE comes out and is on equal grounds with DmC: DE in being released. For now, the hype is on DMC4: SE and DmC will have to sit in the back of the hype train for now just as DMC4:SE did with the Definitive edition.
So what's with farewell? If you didn't burned or threw away your copy it it's not disappeared or anything.

absolitude

Well Capcom already said many times they behind it, so i dunno where is the problem o_O

say what? huh.. you sir, you don't how you've brightened my day.. i'll keep holding on to this, not too tight, just that fair amount of hold.. and if there's a sequel to the reboot, i hope it's something that you could get into

EDIT : LMAO, dragonmaster actually changed the title

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
say what? huh.. you sir, you don't how you've brightened my day.. i'll keep holding on to this, not too tight, just that fair amount of hold.. and if there's a sequel to the reboot, i hope it's something that you could get into

EDIT : LMAO, dragonmaster actually changed the title
Eh, I don't think any new sequels on reboot will catch my interest, but Capcom released article before DE release that they still support it and appreciate it as part of a franchise, so I think chance for DmC2 is strong enough.

Meg

So is this thread really just a place for people to angst over DmC not being in the spotlight anymore? It's been in the spotlight since the original game got announce. Calm down. :cautious:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom