• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Farewell for now, DmC

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Hey come on, when DMC was getting rebooted, people thought they'd never see the classic series ever again. Okay, the next thing is a re-release, not a new game. But still it's something. Let's not forget, many a time, when asked if DmC was really a prequel, set before DMC3. Capcom would rarely say 'reboot', they usually called it a parallel/alternate universe or dimension.

What if, stay with me on this one, what if they made some kinda crossover game? DmC Vergil's in hell, goes through another dimension, meets the classic Vergil, and they decide to work together. Both Dante's have to work together to save both worlds.

It can happen

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.
It would be fun if DMC and DmC was like what Infinity Ward and Treyarch does with CoD games. 1 DMC, 1 DmC from two differents studios per year, completely unrelated to each other. Man, the more I think about it the more I feel sad. Only easysellers like ASC, CoD, BF gets this kind of treatment...

On topic; I was never a fan of DmC; but since the announcement of DmC I thought rebooting the series and outsourcing it was a great idea to introduce it to more audiences. It means and yells "fresh blood". And then Capcom could implement what is right with the supposed reboot to future games or could even create two separated series running distinctly and ultimately helping each other with further development.

I'm really glad for DmC: DE's existence and if I had a next-gen console I'd "definitely"see what I did there? buy it. But I'm not glad with vanilla DmC as well as Capcom's apathy to it's fans. I think they realized their mistake and I somewhat believe they listen to their fans now since there are things like DmC: DE, DMC4:SE, RE:Remastered, RE:REV2 and so on; but they are late... Too late I might add. They lost so many valuable people like the Keiji Inafune, the very creator of their mascot for gods sake! Shinji Mikami, the creator of their most praised franchise and most praised game ever! And of course Hideki Kamiya, the man we all love here. I wonder why Itsuno still works with Capcom... Not to mention they are suffering great financial crisis now. Capcom probably barely survived it.

If only Capcom did things right... It hurts to imagine how DMC would flourish because it could be so perfect... And it's not just for DMC. It applies to every other franchise they have... Megaman, Resident Evil, Street Fighter, Darkstalkers, MvC, Onimusha, Okami and so on...

Well I went too ahead of myself, I don't even know how to finish this post. There are so many things I want to write about. About Capcom and developers and gaming and gamers... I know you feel what I feel though so I'll just leave it here. Cheers everyone! And remember; devils never cry...

Judge

You never know; the difference between PS3/360 and PS4/X1 is that the PS3/360 were at the end of their respective life cycles when DmC came out.

DmC DE will be available for PS4/X1 for years to come. These consoles arn't going anywhere soon and you never know how many new fans might come along for the ride.

Lani

It would be fun if DMC and DmC was like what Infinity Ward and Treyarch does with CoD games. 1 DMC, 1 DmC from two differents studios per year, completely unrelated to each other. Man, the more I think about it the more I feel sad. Only easysellers like ASC, CoD, BF gets this kind of treatment...

On topic; I was never a fan of DmC; but since the announcement of DmC I thought rebooting the series and outsourcing it was a great idea to introduce it to more audiences. It means and yells "fresh blood". And then Capcom could implement what is right with the supposed reboot to future games or could even create two separated series running distinctly and ultimately helping each other with further development.

I'm really glad for DmC: DE's existence and if I had a next-gen console I'd "definitely"see what I did there? buy it. But I'm not glad with vanilla DmC as well as Capcom's apathy to it's fans. I think they realized their mistake and I somewhat believe they listen to their fans now since there are things like DmC: DE, DMC4:SE, RE:Remastered, RE:REV2 and so on; but they are late... Too late I might add. They lost so many valuable people like the Keiji Inafune, the very creator of their mascot for gods sake! Shinji Mikami, the creator of their most praised franchise and most praised game ever! And of course Hideki Kamiya, the man we all love here. I wonder why Itsuno still works with Capcom... Not to mention they are suffering great financial crisis now. Capcom probably barely survived it.

If only Capcom did things right... It hurts to imagine how DMC would flourish because it could be so perfect... And it's not just for DMC. It applies to every other franchise they have... Megaman, Resident Evil, Street Fighter, Darkstalkers, MvC, Onimusha, Okami and so on...
If Capcom did the right things from the beginning we wouldnt have a DmC board most likely.:laugh: I just hope Capcom does alternating releases for DMC and DmC so that fans of both series could get what they want. I also hope that DmC or DMC sequels dont try to be too much like one another.I'm especially worried about this for a DmC2 seeing as how DmC was negatively received.

Lani

"So melodramatic. Besides, if DmC dies without telling me what happens after Vergil's Downfall, I'm gonna be p!ssed!"
This right here^ tbh if Vergils Downfall didnt happen I probably wouldnt care all that much.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
"So melodramatic. Besides, if DmC dies without telling me what happens after Vergil's Downfall, I'm gonna be p!ssed!"

it's manlydramatic, lmao.. wanna know what happens after vergil's downfall? DmC dies, that's what happens.. nah, truth is i'm pretty scared with no continuity on DmC, you guys seen the dmc fb page post on DMC4 update? the numbers of likes and comments really scare me..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom