• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Everybody must embrace Bayonetta for what it is!

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
moseslmpg;269602 said:
I think that is a given, because "the" angels in our world are incorporeal and invisible, so there would be no way to physically attack them anyway. So you never have to worry about that in a videogame, or movie, for that matter.

Angels dont exist. I thought we was talking about Bayonetta, the hottest action game out right now?

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
I thought Bayonetta was rather fun. :lol: Regardless that the story is like a puzzle missing a few pieces...I couldn't quite understand certain things in the storyline but other than that, I don't have any issues. ^_^

aka958

Don't trust people
VampireWicked;295561 said:
He isn't saying that at all read it carefully. He saying that even if you like love dislike or hate Bayonetta That you must recognise that it's a well put together game that remains true hardcore action & equals or which i think is better then any Devil May Cry title out there, either case Bayonetta holds it's own as a great action game nonetheless. Love it or hate it Bayonetta is badass with sex appeal
.I.. O_O ..I.

Its seems like most you do not like Bayonetta in some way. Whether its the character design or the belief that Bayonetta is a rip off of Dante;its undeniable that Bayonetta is far better than any other DMC,GOW(God of War), or other generic action titles to date or even to come. Like it or not, Bayonetta has maintained the slightly decayed hardcore action game genre from rotting further.

That is an opinion stated as fact. I hate Bayonetta and love Devil May Cry. TC is trying to shove his/her opinion down my throat about it being better than Devil May Cry. Meaning he/she tries to say I must love Bayonetta which the title of the thread also suggest.

Giving DMC an understatement in the comparison of Bayonetta and saying that we should embrace Bayonetta for what it is on a DMC forum is like saying to everyone on the forum who likes DMC more than Bayonetta "Hey! You like the wrong game!". But that is just how I got the feeling of it.

Esura

aka958;295574 said:
Its seems like most you do not like Bayonetta in some way. Whether its the character design or the belief that Bayonetta is a rip off of Dante;its undeniable that Bayonetta is far better than any other DMC,GOW(God of War), or other generic action titles to date or even to come. Like it or not, Bayonetta has maintained the slightly decayed hardcore action game genre from rotting further.

That is an opinion stated as fact. I hate Bayonetta and love Devil May Cry. TC is trying to shove his/her opinion down my throat about it being better than Devil May Cry. Meaning he/she tries to say I must love Bayonetta which the title of the thread also suggest.
Arguably, hate or no, its hard to ignore the fact that Bayonetta is much better than DMC right now from a gameplay perspective. Also, points for being made by Hideki Kamiya as well.

Giving DMC an understatement in the comparison of Bayonetta and saying that we should embrace Bayonetta for what it is on a DMC forum is like saying to everyone on the forum who likes DMC more than Bayonetta "Hey! You like the wrong game!". But that is just how I got the feeling of it.
Bayonetta is mostly considered a spiritual successor to DMC, so its not odd at all that Bayonetta is mentioned here. Also, from a purely gameplay perspective, Bayonetta is much more polished than DMC3 and 4.

Why do you hate Bayonetta? Just curious, cause I haven't met anyone who disliked it for its gameplay whatsoever.

aka958

Don't trust people
Esura;295598 said:
Arguably, hate or no, its hard to ignore the fact that Bayonetta is much better than DMC right now from a gameplay perspective. Also, points for being made by Hideki Kamiya as well.

Bayonetta is mostly considered a spiritual successor to DMC, so its not odd at all that Bayonetta is mentioned here. Also, from a purely gameplay perspective, Bayonetta is much more polished than DMC3 and 4.

Why do you hate Bayonetta? Just curious, cause I haven't met anyone who disliked it for its gameplay whatsoever.

What is considered or not or how it is seen upon by others I don't give a crap about. I hate the music of it, I hate her way of looks, I hate the gameplay in general because I somehow feel invicible with it just mashing up combo after combo after combo without much of a worry because all I have to do is dodge and start mashing combos again. It's boring, the many moves doesn't give me the feel of strategy which DMC gives me.

You too state your opinion as fact yet again. I prefer the combat from any of the DMC games over Bayonetta.

On another note: I don't really care for the creators of a game, I care for the game.

So, there is no fact that gameplay in Bayonetta is superior, there is no fact that it is superior, there is just opinions mashed up in many people's heads they see it as fact because many agrees on it. Then I can walk in saying I disagree and I think otherwise I'm suddenly given the treatment of succumbing to that because my opinions aren't true for some reason.

Conclusion:
STOP USING OPINION AS FACTS! How can this be hard people? When I don't agree to that it just serves to getting people angry because I think differently. I'm not shoving up my opinions as facts to any of you.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Nice to see everyone getting along so well after the start of a new year. :rolleyes:

Take a chill pill and cool off, yeah guys? Otherwise this thread's getting locked.

Esura

aka958;295601 said:
What is considered or not or how it is seen upon by others I don't give a crap about. I hate the music of it, I hate her way of looks, I hate the gameplay in general because I somehow feel invicible with it just mashing up combo after combo after combo without much of a worry because all I have to do is dodge and start mashing combos again. It's boring, the many moves doesn't give me the feel of strategy which DMC gives me.

You too state your opinion as fact yet again. I prefer the combat from any of the DMC games over Bayonetta.

On another note: I don't really care for the creators of a game, I care for the game.

So, there is no fact that gameplay in Bayonetta is superior, there is no fact that it is superior, there is just opinions mashed up in many people's heads they see it as fact because many agrees on it. Then I can walk in saying I disagree and I think otherwise I'm suddenly given the treatment of succumbing to that because my opinions aren't true for some reason.

Conclusion:
STOP USING OPINION AS FACTS! How can this be hard people? When I don't agree to that it just serves to getting people angry because I think differently. I'm not shoving up my opinions as facts to any of you.
o·pin·ion   
[uh-pin-yuhn]
a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.

fact   
[fakt]
something that actually exists; reality; truth: Your fears have no basis in fact.

The thing is, from a purely technical gameplay point, I CAN prove that Bayonetta is superior to DMC. You may prefer DMC's gameplay over Bayonetta, but it still doesn't really deter from that fact.

EDIT:

Angelo Credo;295603 said:
Nice to see everyone getting along so well after the start of a new year. :rolleyes:

Take a chill pill and cool off, yeah guys? Otherwise this thread's getting locked.
Ok mayn.

Chrysander

I enjoy Bayonetta, in terms of the combat it surpasses DMC and therefore everything else apart from Godhand perhaps. Bayonetta is definitely one of the best fighting games ever made, due to its system and freedom. The amount of options from the combos are impenetrable and the dodge off-set is impetuous, it should really be employed in all games like this. But, I really just don't like the design emphasis, I like things darker and more powerful, it was silly in many ways, and I like to have more satisfaction. I don't care about the enemies in Bayonetta, I found them tiresome after a while, and although there are hundreds of combo options, I don't find them as satisfying as DMC or Godhand, I really want to beat the hell out of things, and I don't get that from Bayonetta so much.

That's why I prefer DMC3, I like the feel of it more, even though it isn't technically as impressive as Bayonetta. Also the characters and story in Bayonetta really are not very good at all (I know this is all my personal opinion). Also, the bike section and space harrier sections are boring and way too long, and there are unnecessary platforming elements at times which p me off. Hiding weapons and not letting you know you missed them is also a dumb move.

wallE156

The Devil's Advocate
leonbutt167;269521 said:

God Of War is PURE ADVENTURE. The only thing that shines is the story and music of the game. Other wise, get ready for a lot of flashy and gory, but soon to be tiresome and eventually boring gameplay. Several parts were too ridiculous for GOW to even have its take on greek mythology. Some cyclops are armed with technology advanced morning stars(spiked balls:lol:), multiple ceberuses can exist at a time, Hades sprout multiple claws from his back, and Kratos is able to BEAT ZEUS. ZEUS IS THE MOST POWERFUL BEING OF ALL TIME. HE COULD OF TURNED KRATOS INTO A BLOODY MULCH. But no, he just had to have a showdown with his "son":dry: The GOW series are overhyped, and is what most ignorant people now a days claim to be the top action game of all time. Thus, the GOW series rotting the hardcore action game industry.

Are you ****ing kidding me? You are seriously complaining about the hyper sexuality?
raiden-naked.jpg
Enough said.

In the midst of battle, Bayonetta defends the honour of the truly awesome action games, and gives some light to the action game industry once again. However, Bayonetta is wounded in battle with the return of GOW in the form of the very extremely overhyped GOD OF WAR 3. Suport Bayonetta! It'll be a while until Devil May Cry can bring reinforcements to beat back the GOW series into the ground. SUPPORT BAYONETTA!

The only thing that bothers me about this is that your stating all of these things like common facts while they are all your personal opinions. I personally didn't like Bayonetta because I thought the story and characters were stupid. But that's my opinion. I prefer both GoW and DMC to Bayonetta. I didn't think GoW 3 was over hyped at all, for me that game delivered on every aspect.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I like Bayonetta's gameplay more than DMC, and it's story at least makes more sense than DMC's does at this point.

For best hack-n-slash, though, I quite like Ninja Gaiden 2.

Top Bottom