• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Everybody must embrace Bayonetta for what it is!

Niloufar

i don't really have anything against Bayontta
miss-bone-48.gif
but all those cross over fan arts of dante and her p i s s me off!

Edsabre

Eagle-eyed Devil Hunter
moseslmpg;269602 said:
I think that is a given, because "the" angels in our world are incorporeal and invisible, so there would be no way to physically attack them anyway. So you never have to worry about that in a videogame, or movie, for that matter.

Well, the angels in Bayonetta's world incorporeal and invisible, too. At the very beginning when they show up, Enzo cant see them and Bayo flies through a portal to enter their 'dimension' and fight them, from then on she becomes invisible to the humans.

I love Bayonetta and I'm starting to love it as much as I love DMC, which is quite a feat. The story may not be winning any awards, but the gameplay is above and beyond anything we've seen in action games. And that's what really matters most: Gameplay. It's the most important part of a game and if the gameplay is good (And if it's ridiculously good, in Bayo's case) then you can forgive alot of things.

Of course, everyone has their opinions and tastes and I can respect that. However, it seems alot of times people will get this preconception about something and it's almost impossible for them to change it. They see Bayonetta and she's fighting angels, with crazy jazz/j-pop music, and she's hyper-sexualized so they immediately dismiss it as crap and talk bad about it without ever giving it a fair chance with an open mind.

The truth is that Bayonetta is a supremely fast, frantic and fun game and if you dismiss it just because it isnt exactly like everything else on the gaming market today... then I feel supremely sorry for you. :(

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I love Bayonetta so much I still play it..I played it earlier today in fact just for a quick thrill.

Her personality got on my nerves a bit and the music was very inappropriate for the most part (easy to fix on the 360) apart from that I loved it. There is something so refreshing and still so intense about waiting to nail that perfect witchtime then going to some serious work.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Man, I must be the only soul in existence that liked Bayonetta's music. I must have a thing for jazz/pop, I guess.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^You are not.I did too.I particulary liked the secret challenges music.It was quite a hit with the female audience in japan actually.And Michi's singles[the theme songs of the japanese version] sold well.I heard that the european version has different themes.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
DreadnoughtDT;269628 said:
Man, I must be the only soul in existence that liked Bayonetta's music. I must have a thing for jazz/pop, I guess.

Bayonetta's music are awesome. Some of the tracks remind me of the first DMC soundtrack. It is no surprise, since one of the composers are the one who composed the first DMC soundtrack, and he will be scoring the upcoming Vanquish soundtrack. :D:D

Edsabre

Eagle-eyed Devil Hunter
DreadnoughtDT;269628 said:

You are not, sir. I love the music in Bayonetta, it makes me want to dance and kick ass at the same time. Magical.

My favorite track is 'Battle for the Umbra Throne', which is the music that plays when you first fight Jeanne in the backflash. So awesome.

moseslmpg

Edsabre;269625 said:
Well, the angels in Bayonetta's world incorporeal and invisible, too. At the very beginning when they show up, Enzo cant see them and Bayo flies through a portal to enter their 'dimension' and fight them, from then on she becomes invisible to the humans.
They aren't incorporeal because they have bodies and can influence the human world. And I wouldn't say they are invisible but rather hidden or camoflauged. Real angels cannot be seen even with magic Cereza glasses.
I love Bayonetta and I'm starting to love it as much as I love DMC, which is quite a feat. The story may not be winning any awards, but the gameplay is above and beyond anything we've seen in action games. And that's what really matters most: Gameplay. It's the most important part of a game and if the gameplay is good (And if it's ridiculously good, in Bayo's case) then you can forgive alot of things.
Saying gameplay is what matters is a tired argument. Gameplay used to matter the most, but it really doesn't anymore. No one would play a game that had only pure gameplay, as we take things like the plot for granted nowadays. There has to be something to frame the gameplay. In any case, I don't have an issue with the gameplay, I just don't care for it. You hit something once, you've hit it a thousand times.
Of course, everyone has their opinions and tastes and I can respect that. However, it seems alot of times people will get this preconception about something and it's almost impossible for them to change it. They see Bayonetta and she's fighting angels, with crazy jazz/j-pop music, and she's hyper-sexualized so they immediately dismiss it as crap and talk bad about it without ever giving it a fair chance with an open mind.
I never said the game was crap. But I can't really applaud any of the things you just mentioned. Bayonetta is good despite all of those things, not because of them. The way I see it, the only thing that redeems it is the gameplay. If it played like DMC2, people would despise it.
The truth is that Bayonetta is a supremely fast, frantic and fun game and if you dismiss it just because it isnt exactly like everything else on the gaming market today... then I feel supremely sorry for you. :(
You're welcome to feel sorry for whoever you want, I suppose, but that isn't the reason I don't like the game. I don't like it because there is nothing really important about it, there's nothing that would make me care about what happens in it. Sure the gameplay is good, but that means nothing to me. The game has no character or depth, nothing interesting happens in it, and the music is like torture. Literally.

I think they could put some of the music on an endless loop to interrogate terrorists, and get some good results. The music made my eyes want to bleed out of my ears. They should try for some subtle, ambient stuff next time rather than repetitive nails-on-chalkboard.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I love the music, and didn't think it was that bad.
(Then again, i love the wailing of New Romantic's/80's music, so my ears are used to it.)

I've been trying to track down the complete soundtrack... but so far... :(

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
DreadnoughtDT;269580 said:
The references to other Sega games like Sonic, After Burner, Space Harrier, and Viewtiful Joe sent tingles up my spine and put a tear in my eye, something no other game has ever done.

Oh, and BTW, the Affinity angels quickly became my favorite angels in existence, period. There's just something about them that makes them rather cool to me. I guess it's because they look like armored bird-men or something.

1.Where was da VJ reference?
2.my fave is Joy :D kno y?:lol: jk jk:p

Satsui no Hado

BUY ONE THOUSAND GIFTS!!!
leonbutt167;269521 said:
Its seems like most you do not like Bayonetta in some way. Whether its the character design or the belief that Bayonetta is a rip off of Dante;its undeniable that Bayonetta is far better than any other DMC,GOW(God of War), or other generic action titles to date or even to come. Like it or not, Bayonetta has maintained the slightly decayed hardcore action game genre from rotting further.

God Of War is PURE ADVENTURE. The only thing that shines is the story and music of the game. Other wise, get ready for a lot of flashy and gory, but soon to be tiresome and eventually boring gameplay. Several parts were too ridiculous for GOW to even have its take on greek mythology. Some cyclops are armed with technology advanced morning stars(spiked balls:lol:), multiple ceberuses can exist at a time, Hades sprout multiple claws from his back, and Kratos is able to BEAT ZEUS. ZEUS IS THE MOST POWERFUL BEING OF ALL TIME. HE COULD OF TURNED KRATOS INTO A BLOODY MULCH. But no, he just had to have a showdown with his "son":dry: The GOW series are overhyped, and is what most ignorant people now a days claim to be the top action game of all time. Thus, the GOW series rotting the hardcore action game industry.

Are you ****ing kidding me? You are seriously complaining about the hyper sexuality?
raiden-naked.jpg
Enough said.

In the midst of battle, Bayonetta defends the honour of the truly awesome action games, and gives some light to the action game industry once again. However, Bayonetta is wounded in battle with the return of GOW in the form of the very extremely overhyped GOD OF WAR 3. Suport Bayonetta! It'll be a while until Devil May Cry can bring reinforcements to beat back the GOW series into the ground. SUPPORT BAYONETTA!

...I hate video game rivals,I really do.Dude,no offence but you're making this seem like an actual freaking war.Oh and its "undeniable that Bayonetta is better than those games"?!?Dude... no offence again but that honestly seems like something a fanboy would say.And Bayonetta does not defend the honor of action games,it HELPS defend it since there are like a million other awesome action games that are defending it aswell.Oh and to those things you complained about GOW:1.Cyclops's have had that technology in greek mythology before.2.Those "multiple cerberuses" are merely the offspring of the actual cerberus.3.Hades can spawn claws from his back because he is a god,gods in greek mythology can defy reality.Zeus can freaking turn his head into a chocolate pickle if he wanted to.4.Also,Zeus isn't that strong.Hades,Poseidon and a few others have beaten Zeus before.Plus,Dante has fought Mundus who is also a god and Bayonetta has beaten Jubelius,who is a goddess that absorbed the power of ****ing planets,both Dante and Bayonetta have fought extremely powerfull people so please don't complain about Kratos beating Zeus.I'm not defending GOW because I'm a fan,I'm defending it to correct you.Please don't take any of this in an offencive way.Although I understand,people bash on Bayonetta for stupid reasons.But I just wish people would treat their opinions like opinions,not treating them like facts.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
D.E.Mortal;269760 said:

1.Where was da VJ reference?
2.my fave is Joy :D kno y?:lol: jk jk:p

When Netta leaps up after lava-surfing on that angel, she says "Dancin' a go go, baby!" Which sounds like Joe's "Henshin a go go baby!"

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
DreadnoughtDT;270369 said:
When Netta leaps up after lava-surfing on that angel, she says "Dancin' a go go, baby!" Which sounds like Joe's "Henshin a go go baby!"

ohhh...must not've heard dat one...usually i'd hear dying angels & Lacuna Coil

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
D.E.Mortal;270523 said:
ohhh...must not've heard dat one...usually i'd hear dying angels & Lacuna Coil

It's in a cutscene. XD

I can also tell why the Joy angels are your fave... JK. XP What's your real fave?

Top Bottom