• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Estimated sales (using my new calculator)

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Hi ,Recently i got a new ti-84 plus graphing calculator (or as i like to call it the doo hickie of almighty somethingness 3000)
So I am going to try to estimate the sales , this is just an assumption around what is the closest capcom can get to 5 mill

well from what i gathered this is it

5.0 (5,000,0000)
- 1.5 (1,500,000) the number of angry DMC fans
4.1 million copies sold
which means 0.9 (900,000) copies less than the goal will not be sold (before price drop at least)
now lets say around 40$ per copy 4.1 x 40 =164 (164 million)
and capcom and ninja theory divide the money 50/50
/2
________
82 million dollars go to capcom

Do you think that this is a successful business move on capcoms part or not ?

What do you guys think about this estimation :p
Again this is just an educated hypothesis of what i think the sales will be

ReRave

smug jerk
You didn't include the costs of making the game, so in the end, they will probably earn far less money (it still will be a metric ****ton of cash, but in comparison...)

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
If that many people do buy it, it's going to be quite a bit of money. Or, as ReRave put it, a metric ****ton. (I'm going to be using that forever now...)

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
You didn't include the costs of making the game, so in the end, they will probably earn far less money (it still will be a metric ****ton of cash, but in comparison...)
well apparently the usual maximum goes up to 20,000,000 ( unless you count big open world games like GTA and skyrim) so 82,million - 20,000,000
is 62,000,000
If that many people do buy it, it's going to be quite a bit of money. Or, as ReRave put it, a metric ****ton. (I'm going to be using that forever now...)
I will too probably

Domenic93

you need to include the royalties for unreal3 which takes atleast 10%, the avatar studio, the cost for the discs, the cost to make the containers, the shipments which could include sea travel, air, and truck. with the first few things this game will need to be game of the year to be worthit

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
The Multi-console factor will also change the sales average between each console group of buyers. this is hard to calculate, but it shouldn't affect the net sum by more than 5 million at most...
anime-phoenix-wright-817716.gif

TheDarkSlayer

Gilver FTW!
dafuq?

I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but that's just a load of bullshit.
Where have you ever heard there are about 5 million DMC fans and 1.5 million angry DMC fans? Seriously.

Here are some other things you forgot to take into consideration:
1. Obviously, the money spent to produce the game.
2. The fact that not all fans buy the games, most just pirate them/rent them/buy them used.
3. None of your claims are based, they're just random numbers.
4. The whole original series, that I highly doubt that has even 1% of the haters this game alone has, "only" reached the 10 million units mark in 2009 (http://kotaku.com/5172766/devil-may-cry-10-million-shipped). What makes you think that this game will be able to sell about half of the amount 4 games, 3 great 1 mediocre?
5. What makes you think they'll share the revenue 50/50?

And dude, do you really need a calculator for this? :p

Note: I'm not trying to sound like an ass, I'm just saying the truth so that people won't get too hyped about this/use this in an argument or whatever.

Vezild

Taking Back Lordran One Boss At a Time
I don't agree with this. Not because the numbers are wrong--well, it is about the numbers, though. We don't know the amount of fans. You also have to remember that you don't have to be a fan to buy the game. Some people just buy because the cover looks cool (I used to be a culprit). What if they roll in a limited edition? What if even some of these angry fans (probably not 1.5 mil) decide to give the game a chance?
Of course, this is an assumption, so in your defense, we can't knock you down for your opinions.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Hi ,Recently i got a new ti-84 plus graphing calculator (or as i like to call it the doo hickie of almighty somethingness 3000)
So I am going to try to estimate the sales , this is just an assumption around what is the closest capcom can get to 5 mill

well from what i gathered this is it

5.0 (5,000,0000)
- 1.5 (1,500,000) the number of angry DMC fans
4.1 million copies sold
which means 0.9 (900,000) copies less than the goal will not be sold (before price drop at least)
now lets say around 40$ per copy 4.1 x 40 =164 (164 million)
and capcom and ninja theory divide the money 50/50
/2
________
82 million dollars go to capcom

Do you think that this is a successful business move on capcoms part or not ?

What do you guys think about this estimation :p
Again this is just an educated hypothesis of what i think the sales will be

82 Million dollars? Has the DMC series made this much for Capcom before? Or is DmC bringing Capcom even more money now? Or is this all guessing???

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
I think DMC serie has around 1M fans. As in 1M fans expecting it
And around 1M+ are maybe just causal gamers?

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
This seems optimistic.
And great, since Capcom is aiming for 4 million sold copies!

Anyway, I think between 2 and 3 million is more realistic. If it's good...

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
images

4 million copies ?? XD HA HA that's just ridiculous !!

Haveonelovely sword barely sold 1 million
and Enslaved only sold 460,000 copies by 2010 HA HA HA XD okay you can expect this to sell 2 million i mean come on we all know only DMC name is going to make it a 2 million copies -_-

Top Bottom