• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Estimated sales (using my new calculator)

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
images

4 million copies ?? XD HA HA that's just ridiculous !!

Haveonelovely sword barely sold 1 million
and Enslaved only sold 460,000 copies by 2010 HA HA HA XD okay you can expect this to sell 2 million i mean come on we all know only DMC name is going to make it a 2 million copies -_-
No This is just the maximum closest to what capcom expects

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
No This is just the maximum closest to what capcom expects

My bet 2 million or borderline 2.5

Enslaved =460,000 copies
Haveonlysword = 1 million copies

So i guess this would be the "Highest grossing" title for NT but for Capcom its not satisfying :/

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
My bet 2 million or borderline 2.5

Enslaved =460,000 copies
Haveonlysword = 1 million copies

So i guess this would be the "Highest grossing" title for NT but for Capcom its not satisfying :/

You've got a sig of Kenshin!! That's the only reason I'm quoting your post, so that I could say that lol.
So will this make Capcom a lot of money because if it doesn't than Capcom has angered us fans for no reason lol.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
You've got a sig of Kenshin!! That's the only reason I'm quoting your post, so that I could say that lol.
So will this make Capcom a lot of money because if it doesn't than Capcom has angered us fans for no reason lol.
We'll have to see , my guess is this will reach around 2 million like Donte said ,
but 4.1 million is the maximum for the number of buys but
I hope it gets lower than 2 mil , That way it will probably return to the original series

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
We'll have to see , my guess is this will reach around 2 million like Donte said ,
but 4.1 million is the maximum for the number of buys but
I hope it gets lower than 2 mil , That way it will probably return to the original series
Are these estimates good for Capcom or no?

ZeroLove

Good numbers, but no one can predict the future, only make guesses. I'd say from the things you've taken in precaution, it sounds believable, however, as others have already arguemented, you haven't taken in precaution what Capcom and Ninja Theory already have used to make this game. It's not totally unrealistic and it is certainly something to hope for, but also rather optimistic.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
I'm more curious about where your assumptions came from. If it's just a guess based on intuition, it's no more or less of a sound argument regardless of how much you spent on that calculator or whether you used one at all.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I'm more curious about where your assumptions came from. If it's just a guess based on intuition, it's no more or less of a sound argument regardless of how much you spent on that calculator or whether you used one at all.

I don't really think you need a calculator for this :p

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
Mental math is all well and good, but I think if you want to calculate something like this, what better to use a calculator? Better yet, use some statistics and make sure to include a margin of error which every speculative piece of math should include.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
Everything can only be guessed at this point, so trying to come up with a more accurate set of prices/estimates will only be as effective as the result Mrrandomlulz came up with...
anime-phoenix-wright-462341.gif

Just Saying...

Tiran

The great pretender.
Honestly, if this game- Devil May Cry or not- is to sell much, it's going to have to reach to the legions beyond DMC like more commercial titles like God of war do. Believe it or not, most of the sells are going to come from people who weren't keeping up with the development, interested in the fan controversy, or cared much for the previous games. They will be people who are sitting around and see an awesome trailer one day and say "Holy **** that looks big and epic! Whatever that is!" That, honestly, is really how games sell. Marketing is key. This game better have freaking huge awesome cinematic flare and epic scope presented in grand fashion in the trailers when they come out. That, along with Ninja Theory's performance capture bringing characters to life should turn new heads. This game won't sink or swim with the established DMC fan-base alone. Their aren't enough of them for or against this game anymore that can to raise or hurt sales.

Reactions: Meg

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Everything can only be guessed at this point, so trying to come up with a more accurate set of prices/estimates will only be as effective as the result Mrrandomlulz came up with...

Just Saying...

It would be clear by the time we see RE6's release because Capcom is highly focused on its "Blockbuster" Title of the year and DmC would be easily over-shadowed by RE6&other games so i highly doubt this would even get a release date this year

Top Bottom