• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Does anyone hate this Dante ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Oh if anyone here knows me, they know my undying hatred for DMC4 Dante.

So here's why I hate him;

This Dante was suppose to be the Dante that recently defeated the satan of the DMC uneverse, and after that, he was mature and was cool, while still using one liners. (Interesting ones at that) Then the anime comes and it makes sense why he seems bored and stuff because no demon is that big of a challenge anymore.

But then we get to DMC4

All he does in DMC4 is kill demons, and talk so much Sh*t. There's not even a real reason for him to be there besides getting his swords back. Nero could handle everything else, but Capcom decided to make Nero seem weak by trapping him in that "Vagina heart" prison and Dante to save him. Nero is way stronger then that, but Capcom just HAD to get dante to look like the hero. Plus Dante wasn't even trying with some of these demons. There's no struggle, no real change in character, he wasn't even trying hard with Nero at all. I know he's supose to be strong, but I just expected a bit more from him. Plus DMC4 was targeted to female fans so Dante getting beat up a bit would make fangirls think he's not cool I guess.

His clothes were attrotious and just really over-exaggerated in western fashion. He ended up looking real corny and just became the sterotypical anime character who dresses in belt buckled to the ass clothes. And the chaps, Oh God, the chaps. Just...no Dante.

His personality was just a parody to his DMC3 self and I expected better. Here he was in DMC3 being a hot headed smack talking guy, then he matures and becomec cool and well rounded with respect for demons he defeats, and now he's this clown parody of his younger self? How does that match up?

The only thing I did like of DMC4 Dante was that he had good gameplay, and he looked good facial wise and body wise. But when he opens his mouth, I just want to do this.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
@DragonMaster: I couldn't have said it better myself.

Also, off topic (kinda), but I love the GIF in your sig. <3

DarkSlayerZero

DMC1 Dante>>>>>>2-4
Oh if anyone here knows me, they know my undying hatred for DMC4 Dante.

So here's why I hate him;

This Dante was suppose to be the Dante that recently defeated the satan of the DMC uneverse, and after that, he was mature and was cool, while still using one liners. (Interesting ones at that) Then the anime comes and it makes sense why he seems bored and stuff because no demon is that big of a challenge anymore.

But then we get to DMC4

All he does in DMC4 is kill demons, and talk so much Sh*t. There's not even a real reason for him to be there besides getting his swords back. Nero could handle everything else, but Capcom decided to make Nero seem weak by trapping him in that "Vagina heart" prison and Dante to save him. Nero is way stronger then that, but Capcom just HAD to get dante to look like the hero. Plus Dante wasn't even trying with some of these demons. There's no struggle, no real change in character, he wasn't even trying hard with Nero at all. I know he's supose to be strong, but I just expected a bit more from him. Plus DMC4 was targeted to female fans so Dante getting beat up a bit would make fangirls think he's not cool I guess.

His clothes were attrotious and just really over-exaggerated in western fashion. He ended up looking real corny and just became the sterotypical anime character who dresses in belt buckled to the ass clothes. And the chaps, Oh God, the chaps. Just...no Dante.

His personality was just a parody to his DMC3 self and I expected better. Here he was in DMC3 being a hot headed smack talking guy, then he matures and becomec cool and well rounded with respect for demons he defeats, and now he's this clown parody of his younger self? How does that match up?

The only thing I did like of DMC4 Dante was that he had good gameplay, and he looked good facial wise and body wise. But when he opens his mouth, I just want to do this.

Nero would've and should've been killed by that stuttering guy.

aoshi

I have always hated dante dante since DMC 3 but i have never denied credit that the character in DMC 3 deserved. But i do think it was really anti-social. I played DMC 3 jus to know about vergil. Was bummed to know that he ends up in eternal darkness.I like ambitious characters who want to make a difference in their lives and vergil was all about inheriting his father's sword.

As far as dante in DMC 4 , he was successful in fortuna and quite comprehensive and well thought compared to DMC 3 which makes me wonder were demons in fortuna any match to demons in temen-ni-gru? I would not say he was totally over the top as someone said earlier , like when credo requested dante to stop the saviour. But really hate the part where he takes alot of hits from nero, gets stabbed by his own sword and acts like it was no big deal. I know that rebellion awakened his demonic powers by vergil stabbing him with it but i think its jus really embarrasing to be stabbed by your own sword.

Also, why are people making a big deal about saviour's core design? No one commented on the internal design of levethian looking like spoiled meat or comparing it to insides of man(Thats wat it really looked like) and yet think saviour was a bad , fan-service design.I think its jus japenese way to add flesh in a game that's all about swords and combat.Why is DMC 4 being criticized badly for sticking to its roots and combined the arts from previous games like DMC 1 combined with gameplay of DMC 3?

DragonMaster2010

Nero would've and should've been killed by that stuttering guy.

But he didn't. And it had nothing to do with Dante. It was because Nero was strong. In fact, he's about as strong as Dante was in DMC3, and look how DMC3 Dante was able to handle stuff. So why should Nero have a problem with fighting demons? Hell, Dante wasn't trained by anyone to fight demons, it came natural. Nero was actually trained, and there for has more experience in killing demons. So why should Nero even be weaker then Dante in DMC3 form?

I

Also, why are people making a big deal about saviour's core design? No one commented on the internal design of levethian looking like spoiled meat or comparing it to insides of man(Thats wat it really looked like) and yet think saviour was a bad , fan-service design.

I have no problem with the Savior design. I'm just saying...Nero was in a Vagina...then he did a self C-section to get himself out.

I think its jus japenese way to add flesh in a game that's all about swords and combat.Why is DMC 4 being criticized badly for sticking to its roots and combined the arts from previous games like DMC 1 combined with gameplay of DMC 3?

DMC4 didn't stick to that many roots of DMC1. It took those roots out and put bleach and generic anime related things into it.

DarkSlayerZero

DMC1 Dante>>>>>>2-4
But he didn't. And it had nothing to do with Dante. It was because Nero was strong. In fact, he's about as strong as Dante was in DMC3, and look how DMC3 Dante was able to handle stuff. So why should Nero have a problem with fighting demons? Hell, Dante wasn't trained by anyone to fight demons, it came natural. Nero was actually trained, and there for has more experience in killing demons. So why should Nero even be weaker then Dante in DMC3 form?

He got stapled to the wall by the Angelos, gutted by stuttering guy, and would've been finished if a plot hole didn't activate and save him.

didn't stick to that many roots of DMC1. It took those roots out and put bleach and generic anime related things into it.

They even got the lame bleach voice actors.

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
you know i just thought about this
This personality for Dante would have worked had he got capture instead of Nero. I mean they made it seem like Dante could have sneezed on something and they would be unconscious for a week but Sanctus and the other members of the Order could have take advantage of Dante's " Take nothing seriously attitude" and done some thing to trick him and then the end of the game comes Nero frees Dante and you can have the option to play as Dante in the final battle.

DragonMaster2010

you know i just thought about this
This personality for Dante would have worked had he got capture instead of Nero. I mean they made it seem like Dante could have sneezed on something and they would be unconscious for a week but Sanctus and the other members of the Order could have take advantage of Dante's " Take nothing seriously attitude" and done some thing to trick him and then the end of the game comes Nero frees Dante and you can have the option to play as Dante in the final battle.

No. Cause fanboys would get whiny.

DragonMaster2010

He got stapled to the wall by the Angelos, gutted by stuttering guy, and would've been finished if a plot hole didn't activate and save him.

Isn't it the same for Dante in DMC3 when he got stabbed by his own sword? I mean really, Nero is a decendant of Sparda. He should be as strong as Dante in DMC3.

They even got the lame bleach voice actors.

Meh, Bosch has his moments. Like when he screamed Kyrie's name. Though it was annoying, I gotta say, Bosch really did sound convincing.

DragonMaster2010

Dante wasn't saved by a plot hole.

Well it's like this;

Nero gets stabbed by angelos, gets a sword rammed into his stomach, and was able to pull through because yamato came to him. Plus, like Dante, he was in Sparda's family, who have survived worse.

Dante was stabbed by yamato, then got stabbed by his own sword, but pulled through because all of a sudden BOOM Devil Trigger saves him.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
DMC4 Dante is my favorite of the Dante's actually. This version of the character embodied everything that Dante is. Cool, cheesy, heroic, passionate, lazy, pizza loving and powerful. This is Dante at his finest!

Valcorn

@Dragon, isn't that Dante exactly? Hiding his hatred and other emotions 23/7 behind jokes and "not giving a ****" attitude?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom