• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do you have your own personal control scheme?

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
The reason why I changed it up, is because I play with turbo mod on the PC
so the gun specials don't like register much on default.
I can't stand PS controllers for this type of stuff, it's mainly the triggers.
Xbox controller is a lot easier to play with with these type of games.

berto

I Saw the Devil
When I owned the game I did. I play Bayonetta a lot so I needed the game to not screw me up so much after playing it.

My only alterations were the triggers, Dodge goes to RB and RT, and angel is still LT while devil is LB.

DmC is the only Devil May Cry Game where the Xbox Controller is perfect, because of the triggers. DMC1-4 play better with PS2/3 controller.
Anyway, here's my scheme on PC depending on my mood.

Dante (This scheme allows me to do gun cancelling for trillion stabs and such)
X=Main attack
A=Jump
Y=Gunspecial
B=Secondary Attack
LB= Dodge
Rb=Shoot
Dpaddown=DevilTrigger

Dante 2* (if I want to jump cancel kabloeey or the other guns easily I would use this, but since I grew tired of abusing that mechanic I stopped.)
Default scheme except
RB = Gunspecial
Deviltrigger = dpaddown

Vergil
Left Trigger + Right Trigger = Center Camera
Left Stick = Trick Down
Right Shoulder = sword special/gunspecial
Right Stick = Doppelganger Delay
DpadDown= Deviltrigger

Frost

Demon of Icy Wind
It's so easy to pull off great combos in DmC that the default control system is quite fine.

The only DMC game where I changed the button layout was DMC4. I mapped Blue Rose to one of the shoulder buttons in order to effectively charge it up while doing combos.

Fran0823

DmC and DMC why can't we have both?
Im not ashamed to say that my initial interest in Dante came from PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale (Love that game, try to master it before hating it!), people were so upset about the new version being used that I decided to check DmC out.

It felt awkward touse triangle for melee, so I switched in a way similar to PSASBR default scheme, Square for melee, circle for guns and triangle for special...then I got used to it, and used the same scheme for DMC3 and DMC4...screw DMC2, It feels so wrong and I can't change it

It's so easy to pull off great combos in DmC that the default control system is quite fine.

The only DMC game where I changed the button layout was DMC4. I mapped Blue Rose to one of the shoulder buttons in order to effectively charge it up while doing combos.

Yeah, I agree, however remapping gunspecial and deviltrigger is very useful for doing more elaborate combos.

Top Bottom