• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do you have your own personal control scheme?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
My friend who was introduced to the Devil May Cry series through me and only has DmC couldn't get used to the button layout so he switched it up to mirror Fable's control scheme to an extent to feel more comfortable.

Do you ever mix up the button layouts to benefit you for pulling off your stylish combos? I know sometimes when I'm continually cancelling the Kablooey to add more sticky bombs I tend to accidentally detonate it too soon because my fingers slip and press both buttons. :/

Do you have any set ups to make it easier for you. Oh and by the way, if you have a suggestion for my Kablooey problem tell me what you got. It stops me from setting up my cool combos I have in mind :p

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Just switch the Gun Special (Jump + Shoot) to one of the Trigger or Bumper buttons.

Okay here is a good method but first which system/controller you play on?

Well I'll assume its the PS3 controller.

Okay you must alter your stance/mode options to the left bumper and left trigger (it doesn't matter but its best to put whatever mode you use the most or is the best with to the left trigger) and then decrease your dodge options (who needs 2 dodge buttons) to one of the corresponding right bumper/trigger and the other right bumper or trigger that is not chosen is the gun special (I recommend choosing what is more comfortable for you but its not really a big deal).

For me its

L1: Demon Mode (since I use that one the least and the quickest due to each weapon's low moveset and quick/short combos and its easier to let go of a bumper button to switch into another mode)
L2: Angel Mode (due to its long combos and the fact I use them the most due to their decent move pool and long combo chains)
R1: Gun Special (tapping the bumper buttons is quite effective for pulling off these)
R2: Dodge (I got used to it due to Bayonetta)

There is an option to set the controls to use the Gun Special options.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Yeah, all I really did was change the Mode triggers to the L1 and R1 buttons, and then put Gun Special as L2. I also made Devil Trigger D-Pad Down, just because it's easier to press on button instead of trying to click two sticks.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Yeah, all I really did was change the Mode triggers to the L1 and R1 buttons, and then put Gun Special as L2. I also made Devil Trigger D-Pad Down, just because it's easier to press on button instead of trying to click two sticks.

Ohhh clever control scheme (especially the Devil Trigger aspect)

I should try that out as well.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I mostly just don't like triggers - not only the PS3's, just at all. I can deal with tapping them every once and a while, but I don't really like having to hold them for extended periods when a lot of dexterity is needed elsewhere at the same time :p

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I mostly just don't like triggers - not only the PS3's, just at all. I can deal with tapping them every once and a while, but I don't really like having to hold them for extended periods when a lot of dexterity is needed elsewhere at the same time :p

Well with DMC4 and DMC3 since I use the LB button to use the guns its makes charging them for charge shots easier (much easier than the standard X/shoot button) while I press the attack buttons to attack and the RB button is lock-on using said buttons for stances/mode might be more beneficial for me.......however.....how do you manage of dodging or pulling off the demon/angel evade with only one dodge button mapped to the R2 button?

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I think it was only documented in his demo glitch hunting video, but after he showed it off here, both he and I became intrigued about how it could be used in normal gameplay.

All the "glitches" in the demo he found were fixed I think, except for Ricoshot Stocking. I wonder if they saw us talking about how cool it was for combo potential, so they left it in or somethin'.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I don't like the PS3 triggers. So damn annoying.

I like your idea for Devil Trigger though. I never thought of that. Thanks.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I don't either, hence why I bought some RealTriggers when we had them at our store. It makes them marginally easier to deal with :p

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
All the "glitches" in the demo he found were fixed I think, except for Ricoshot Stocking. I wonder if they saw us talking about how cool it was for combo potential, so they left it in or somethin'.

I reckon so, I know they were frequently checking forums and this one's probably the most popular DM/mC forum around.
I made a impressions video of the demo at the time and some very unique things I had mentioned in my video were changed when I played it. One thing in particular that seemed too coincidental.

Just switch the Gun Special (Jump + Shoot) to one of the Trigger or Bumper buttons

I can't believe I didn't think of that, I thought I was just being rubbish when that happened to me XD

Default for life! (though I do put shoot on R.Trigger with Nero)

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
Wow, I think I'm the only one with a screwed up control scheme.
Attack = RB
Jump = LB
Angel mode = RT
Demon = LT
Shoot = Y
Dodge = B
Launch = X
Dodge = A

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
mine is simple
X jump
Y special attack
A shoot
B regular attack

my shoulder buttons are default and i find this layout is perfect for j'cing and big aerial combos :)

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Nah, it's basically Bumper Jumper.
it's easier for me to jump cancel this way.

Kyehehehe "bumper jumper."

Well, whatever blows your skirt up, I say. It's so great when a game lets you customize the controls, it's really something that every game should do to really help someone get into it. I can understand certain things like if certain button combinations might conflict with actions in the game, but...c'mon, let the people who want to do that deal with it.

I've grown up with so many certain controls schemes in games that in my head I'm perfectly okay with Shoot or Attack always being Square, X always being Jump, and Defensive skills always being on the shoulders.

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
Damn, you people changed it all up!

I'm too lazy to tinker around with the controls, I just kept it the way it was and rolled with it. :p

Top Bottom