• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do the Devil May Cry fans have a right to complain about the new DMC?

Do the Devil May Cry fans have a right to complain about the new DMC?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

heatlancer

1# Trickster
if saying the chinese have better martial arts choreography along with better athleticism in their films than western martial arts flicks is being narrowminded then i dont know anymore

all i can say is stop being overly senstive, because it's pretty much a fact
not saying ALL, saying most, in general, anyone that disagrees is plain and simple lacking any knowledge on the topic

p.s and im also not saying that they need an asian doing the choreography, infact im glad they used langdon because he has a heavy style as oppossed to the chinese which would probabley have more of an acrobatical and technical approach
although im pretty sure an asian guy was used for the opening fight scene in dmc3

im just saying the movements right now are not that of an athletic or stylish nature, it is crude and it shows with every swing

also another neg on this game, gun shots look like sht

rogue_devil

if saying the chinese have better martial arts choreography along with better athleticism in their films than western martial arts flicks is being narrowminded then i dont know anymore

all i can say is stop being overly senstive, because it's pretty much a fact
not saying ALL, saying most, in general, anyone that disagrees is plain and simple lacking any knowledge on the topic

p.s and im also not saying that they need an asian doing the choreography, infact im glad they used langdon because he has a heavy style as oppossed to the chinese which would probabley have more of an acrobatical and technical approach
although im pretty sure an asian guy was used for the opening fight scene in dmc3

im just saying the movements right now are not that of an athletic or stylish nature, it is crude and it shows with every swing

also another neg on this game, gun shots look like sht
i know right,thank god u saw that too,u can actually see the bullets.i dont know but it could be because its not finished yet,we'll see when it's released.
Edit:dante uses Japanese fighting style,which is heavier and to the point unlike chines martial arts, light and not as effective in attacking(more defensive).

heatlancer

1# Trickster
one positive thing i can say about NT is, im confident if their is a female character she will be beautiful and if she aint i'll know they are purposely ******** on dmc

Dante'sgirl

Forever For Dante
I so want to argue about many things here but I promised myself that I will start arguing after I played the game so I shall minimize the arguments.
Can't judge something without some real test...that's me!!!
They replaced our favourite guns and named a sort of weapon rebellion...so what? Why not consider that things can get to be pretty interesting?
I know that Dante does not look the same and this detail ****es me off every time I think about it, I really want my old Dante love back but I cannot penalise the whole gameplay for that. Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder and by this I can say that there are people out there who really likes the style of the new protagonist and they are not wrong for accepting the change, It has nothing to do with thinking a horse as a donkey...it is called evolution, accepting the change, to move on...
Coming back to the question, I think that we all have the right to complain as we are DMC fans and we are the ones who know best about what we need in the game.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Yes, I buy the games, I have a right to moan. If i have NEVER bought or played any of the games then no.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Does it count if you bought the games but never played them?

Sure, you can complain/support as much as you want xD

You have 'some' knowledge of DMC as far as I'm aware. So you have just as much right to complain/support.

Asmodaius

If you haven't played through the game, then no, in my opinion you won't be able to have a valid opinion. Then you will only be able to mold your opinion from what you have seen, read or heard. But you won't truly be able to make a valid opinion before you have actually experienced the game, played it. That's how I see it anyways.

Eric

Great Demon King of Evil
People have the right to complain.
Now I really don't mind Dante's new look or none of this.... sure I like old Dante better but still.
I think that everyone has the right to complain about this because there are some good reasons to complain.
But what I don't get is how if you support DmC (While being a fan of DMC), your not a DMC fan... how the bloody hell does that work?
People like different things and have different opinions, and they should be allowed to.

rogue_devil

i have to say,i agree with Asmodaius,they could hate or love DmC,based on what they see in the trailers(like u would with every other game u never played before),but not based on other DMC's.

People have the right to complain.
Now I really don't mind Dante's new look or none of this.... sure I like old Dante better but still.
I think that everyone has the right to complain about this because there are some good reasons to complain.
But what I don't get is how if you support DmC (While being a fan of DMC), your not a DMC fan... how the bloody hell does that work?
People like different things and have different opinions, and they should be allowed to.
i think i know why fans think like that,they think if u like the new dante then u hate the old dante, thats why u didnt mind the change,and most ppl play DMC because of dante,and his over all look fits his personalty,if u change the look and personalty thers nothing left but the name,i know wher they come from,but i dont think ur not a fan i think u liked DMC for other reasons thats all.
when ppl hear the name dante 2 things come to mind, DANTE'S INFERNO(the divine comedy not the game)and DMC(most of today's youth think of DMC).the point is u cant change an iconic figure like dante and get away with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eric

Great Demon King of Evil
i think i know why fans think like that,they think if u like the new dante then u hate the old dante, thats why u didnt mind the change,and most ppl play DMC because of dante,and his over all look fits his personalty,if u change the look and personalty thers nothing left but the name,i know wher they come from,but i dont think ur not a fan i think u liked DMC for other reasons thats all.
when ppl hear the name dante 2 things come to mind, DANTE'S INFERNO(the divine comedy not the game)and DMC(most of today's youth think of DMC).the point is u cant change an iconic figure like dante and get away with it.

Well obviously something like this will get complaints.
I think Capcom should have learned from DMC2 (A game I like but Capcom does not like to look back on) and stop messing it up.
Now I do like old Dante because of how he looks and i kinda do lust for him, (Don't shoot me) but it's not really that big of a deal for me, it was at first but I got over it.
I love DMC because of the demons and the lands visited and because of Dante but i don't mind change.
When Godzilla (1998) came out at first i did not like it, but then i came to love Zilla.
When The Legend of Spyro came out, I was furious, but Gaul made me love the second one and respect the first. (Same goes for the new Spyro game)
So I can see why people would complain about this, but it's not fair to call someone who is a fan of DMC not a fan because they like or don't mind DmC and I think that needs to stop.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
If you haven't played through the game, then no, in my opinion you won't be able to have a valid opinion. Then you will only be able to mold your opinion from what you have seen, read or heard. But you won't truly be able to make a valid opinion before you have actually experienced the game, played it. That's how I see it anyways.
Sad face :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom